New Diesel for Chrylser Minivan

rgoetz

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
That would be something. Where did you see this?

My wife & I may trade our Passat wagon for a minivan in a few years (I know, I know). Hey, VW, how's about exporting the Sharan TDI to North America!

------------------
Rob
2000 Golf GLS TDI (Wetted ECU; VNT turbo tweak; K&N; removed MAF screens, lower airbox screen, and intercooler vent grille; spare Relay 109; euro badge (red "DI"))
2000 Passat GLS Variant 1.8T (K&N)

Jtwizard

Veteran Member
TDI
j7wizard
Chrysler has been putting diesel engines in thier minivan from about 1996. These are 4 cylinder VM diesel engines at this point, but they are talking about MB motors. Unfortunately they have all been for the European market, none for us. I have been testing them for several years. They also have been putting 4 cylinder engines in the Cherokee and 4 or 5 cylinders in the Grand Cherokee. They drive very nice with good economy.... maybe we should all drop a line to Daimler-Chrysler. As far as I know there are absolutely no plans to sell diesels here in cars/vans.

Jeff

'00 Jetta TDI GLS
'96 Jimmy
'84 Jaguar Vanden Plas
'87 Cabriolet

rabbit

I was reading on one of the forums that Chrysler is looking at putting a diesel in their 2001 Minivans. It said they were going to put a Powerful, new 104kW (140 bhp) 2.5-litre common rail, direct injection turbo diesel engine. Would that be a Mercedes Diesel or a Cummins? Makes me wish I had not bought the 99 version

M

mickey

Probably the Benz engine since they're now "Daimler-Chrysler." We'll never see 'em in the U.S., unfortunately.

-mickey