www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Jetta Sedan (~ 2011+)

VW MKVI-A6 Jetta Sedan (~ 2011+) Discussions area for the MkVI (2011+) Jetta sedan. This model was originally codenamed NCS (New Compact Sedan).

Old March 9th, 2017, 11:47   #1
IDoSeaDoo
Veteran Member

Default Jetta TDI clunk from stand still

Hey guys,
Got this new to me mk6 TDI. No, it's not going in for the buy back, she's a Copart rescue Anyway, I've developed a clunk that I notice when I pull away from dead stop. It's especially prevalent under hard acceleration, like when pulling up a hill. I don't hear it when accelerating while I'm already under way. What are the common suspension/mount gremlins on these MK6 bodies?
IDoSeaDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2017, 17:13   #2
chaoscreature
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Good Enough

A few things come to mind
1) Subframe shifting
2) Dog-bone mount worn or loose
3) Engine or Transmission Mount Worn or loose
4) Control Arm Bushings worn

My subframe makes an awful clunk, that alternates between hard braking and accelerating. I would buy or make subframe inserts... but buyback.
chaoscreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2017, 19:33   #3
IDoSeaDoo
Veteran Member

Buyback? BLASPHEMY! But really, it might have been a really good deal, but this was a Copart salvage. I got it for a steal. Just had to repair a bit of body work. But now the front looks like a GLI

Yea, I figured it was one of those things, but I was wondering if there cars had some common issue that I should investigate first. Often, it's hard to pinpoint a bad rubber part until it's REALLY bad. It's not quite that bad YET.

On my MK4, I learned that the OE motor mounts are way better than aftermarket. After 20k miles on mounts I got from IDParts, I put the old ones. They were tighter after 189k miles than the 20k mile aftermarkets... Urethane bushings or OEM for me.
IDoSeaDoo is offline   Reply With Quote