www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+)

VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+) Discussion area for the 2012+ Passat TDI (North American and rest of world versions versions). The North American model was previously codenamed NMS (New Midsize Sedan) and the version the rest of the world gets is sometimes referred to as B7.

Old March 4th, 2017, 03:24   #1
TDI06GUY

Default 2013 Buyback and extra parts for sale

Hello everyone:
I just completed my buyback on my 2013 Passat which had 170k miles on it. Mechanically was a great experience. Had issue after issue with electronic parts from the ad blue heating problem to navigation failure as well as Sirius receiver failure. Also climate control panel failed. I loved driving the car (obviously) despite the electronic failures. I got a very fair price overall and put a few thousand with it and bought a low mileage Accord EX-L.

I wanted to personally thank this forum and all of the members for all of your help whenever I posted an issue. Also, the diy articles were invaluable and saved me a lot of headache by performing most of my service work whenever possible.

I was a bit of a maintenance freak and had a lot of extra parts stockpiled. For anyone keeping their car and wanting some or all of my extra parts, I posted a list on the for sale forum.

Thanks again for all your help!
87 Buick Grand National 329 RWHP/362 Ft-lbs. torque
TDI06GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2017, 14:13   #2
JAYFARMLAW

Was the actual buyback price close to what the offer was? My buyback date is March 15 and I will have 110,000k on it at the time. I have been very honest with the mileage through the process and the offer was just shy of $20k. When you turned yours in, did they dock you for additional miles?

Thanks in advance, just trying to prepare myself for the turn in.

Jay
JAYFARMLAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2017, 16:23   #3
TDI06GUY

I wasn't docked for extra mileage but was not over by very much. My mileage did change a lot from the initial time I filed compared to the last time they wanted a mileage update. I filed early on in the process and had a long delay initially. The actual buyback time at the dealer is the easiest part of the whole deal.
87 Buick Grand National 329 RWHP/362 Ft-lbs. torque
TDI06GUY is offline   Reply With Quote