www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Other TDI/Diesel Picture Gallery

Other TDI/Diesel Picture Gallery Do you have a TDI or Diesel not listed above? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old July 25th, 2016, 08:17   #1
nokivasara
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44-49 mpg
Default 2008 Skoda Octavia 4x4 TDI (RRP)

I bought a new car today

It's a Skoda Octy TDI 4x4 with rough road package, ie steel belly pan and some sturdy protective shields underneath the body and control arms and a bit more ground clearance. I think it's as tall as a Scout.
230k km, everything seems to be in good order I think.

Last edited by nokivasara; July 25th, 2016 at 08:30. Reason: spelling
nokivasara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 09:00   #2
bobt2382
Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor

Fuel Economy: 46.5

Nice! !
2010 4D CWhite Golf TDI, 6 sp manual, Bixenons, Rear Airbags, RNS-510, Dynaudio, DieselGeek SS & P2015 bracket, Force Fed Eng. Shifter Bushings. XB,UB, & RB UNIbraces; TyrolSport Brake Caliper Bushing, 2Micron Contain/PureFlow kits, PolarFis MFD module, Euro light switch, R Red LED Tail Lights,Under Seat Drawers, Full color MFD cluster.
bobt2382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 18:24   #3
brnsgrbr
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44 mpg

Sweet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2.0Ltr ALH w/BHWs, WB girdle, IE Tuscan rods, RyanP GtB2260Vk kit, 4bar MAP; Kerma 3" exhaust w/HF cat & Aeroturbine 3030XL, headwork, DRW 6speed w/DG Sigma shifter;SBC S2 End race clutch W/ferramic disk; Peloquin TBD; Bosio Stage 2 R520s; DLI Technik mounts ; 11mm; TT CA bushings; DG Panzer FMJ, RP,& 100K TB&SB upgrade; Coolant heater; DRL & EGR deletes; ventectomy; Accuair/Airlift suspension;B20-B100
brnsgrbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 19:26   #4
GetMore
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 56.1/42.7/38.1

I am envious. I wish we had something like that here.
Old July 28th, 2016, 06:06   #5
nokivasara
Veteran Member

Installed my Led spot lights today, they are mounted on a plate that's attached between the license plate and the bumper, that's the standard way of mounting auxiliary lights up here.
Normally there is a cross member behind the bumper but the Skoda has nothing, there's a huge gap to the beam so I used 8 M5 screws and nyloc nut with large washers, pretty sure it will do.
Did not notice that the first pic was so blurry, sorry for that. At that point the plate is mounted with 4 screws, then I put the remaining 4 through the license plate holder/frame and the light mounting plate.

Next pic is just a test how the lights looks, the plate is screwed with self tapping screws here, this was before pic 1:

Almost done, not wired in yet. Will probably have to add some support bars to the top of the lights.

Old September 5th, 2016, 00:07   #6
nokivasara
Veteran Member

We just got back from a road trip, didn't take many pictures but got a few nice ones (of my car )

First trip with my new Octavia, went really well but the rough road package with added ride height and beefier suspension does make the suspension a bit too hard, especially with 17" wheels. I think I'll change to 16" next year.
I got 40 mpg on this trip, I think it's ok considering it's a 4x4 and the roads weren't flat.
It does regen pretty often, the PO had a very short commute and probably got a lot of interrupted regens. There's no DPF warning light lit so I hope it will be able to burn off enough ash eventually that I don't have to clean/replace the DPF.
Old September 5th, 2016, 18:18   #7
FordGuy100
Veteran Member

I wish we could get those here!
Old September 9th, 2016, 09:10   #8
MP517PRCT

Fuel Economy: ~40mpg in the JSW, ~50 in the '05.5

That is awesome! Almost everything I want in a vehicle... Diesel engine, check.... manual transmission, check.... 4 wheel drive, check... good fuel economy, check.... interior room, check! what's not to love???

Why do the marketing geniuses in this country insist on pushing gas guzzling SUVs for soccer moms (no manual, no diesel, poor fuel economy) or little clown cars for teenagers (no diesel, no 4WD, no interior room) on consumers here.

If this type of car was available in the US, I would sell my 09 JSW TDI, 06 Jeep Liberty 3.7L Gas, and my 05.5 Jetta TDI in a heartbeat, and buy two of them!!!

Last edited by MP517PRCT; September 9th, 2016 at 16:05.
MP517PRCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2016, 10:38   #9
da.hs

Would be a near perfect work car for me, if available.. ah well, time to load up the 4Runner. Out of curiosity: is it full time 4WD or switchable?
da.hs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2016, 08:56   #10
nokivasara
Veteran Member

It is a full time 4wd, a 2nd generation Haldex. From 2009 and onwards they have Haldex gen 4 which is a proactive rather than reactive like the gen 2. That means that in my car, when starting from standstill, the front wheels have to slip before any power is transfered to the rear wheels, where as the gen 4 starts in 4wd mode.
I think that's how they work, but haven't researched it so I'm not 100% sure.
Old September 16th, 2016, 09:22   #11
nokivasara
Veteran Member

Swapped the spotlights to a led light bar, it's a 75w cree bar. Not as bright but better than with just the stock lights, that's for sure.
On our Golf I put a light bar inside the lower grille, on this I mounted it as high as possible.

Old November 3rd, 2016, 08:54   #12
nokivasara
Veteran Member

It's winter again!
The rough road package and 4x4 really is nice to have, this is where I work

Old November 3rd, 2016, 15:09   #13
bobt2382
Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor

Fuel Economy: 46.5

Nice. I see you work in the center of town, lol. Keep the pictures coming!!
2010 4D CWhite Golf TDI, 6 sp manual, Bixenons, Rear Airbags, RNS-510, Dynaudio, DieselGeek SS & P2015 bracket, Force Fed Eng. Shifter Bushings. XB,UB, & RB UNIbraces; TyrolSport Brake Caliper Bushing, 2Micron Contain/PureFlow kits, PolarFis MFD module, Euro light switch, R Red LED Tail Lights,Under Seat Drawers, Full color MFD cluster.
bobt2382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2016, 15:50   #14
HBarlow
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP517PRCT View Post
That is awesome! Almost everything I want in a vehicle... Diesel engine, check.... manual transmission, check.... 4 wheel drive, check... good fuel economy, check.... interior room, check! what's not to love???

Why do the marketing geniuses in this country insist on pushing gas guzzling SUVs for soccer moms (no manual, no diesel, poor fuel economy) or little clown cars for teenagers (no diesel, no 4WD, no interior room) on consumers here.

If this type of car was available in the US, I would sell my 09 JSW TDI, 06 Jeep Liberty 3.7L Gas, and my 05.5 Jetta TDI in a heartbeat, and buy two of them!!!
It's not "marketing geniuses" who are responsible for those decisions. It's government that overregulates and taxes diesels and simple minded American buyers who think diesel engines are evil and prefer gasoline engines and electric go carts.
2016 Audi Q5 TDI
2009 VW JSW TDI (awaiting buy back)
HBarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2016, 08:00   #15
nokivasara
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobt2382 View Post
Nice. I see you work in the center of town, lol. Keep the pictures coming!!
Yeah, I have a low-stress environment to work in! Unless you get wound up by having wolves and bear around you
I'm a forester, this was the scenery I got to spend my day in yesterday: