www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old March 19th, 2017, 07:37   #3616
Embassy_Marine

Fuel Economy: 48 average

I test drove the 2017 VW GTI Sport 4 door version yesterday. Good MPG and very spacious inside. I have looked at the Passat R Line too/ cheaper but still prefer the GTI. The 2018 GTI will carry more HP and Audi electronics thrown into it.All in all I think after months of research both in function and fashion it'll be the 2017 4 door Sport GTI.
Embassy_Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2017, 07:51   #3617
ottomatic
Veteran Member

Diesel Jeep: http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/03/...side-road.html
ottomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2017, 08:48   #3618
DubFamily
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: It's still a diesel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embassy_Marine View Post
I test drove the 2017 VW GTI Sport 4 door version yesterday. Good MPG and very spacious inside. I have looked at the Passat R Line too/ cheaper but still prefer the GTI. The 2018 GTI will carry more HP and Audi electronics thrown into it.All in all I think after months of research both in function and fashion it'll be the 2017 4 door Sport GTI.
I test drove a 17 GTI as well (Autobahn, I wanted leather). It was a pretty amazing car honestly. Fun, powerful, thrifty, and really well appointed/laid out interior.
It was my first choice; unfortunately I couldn't get any of 3 VW dealers near me in the DC area to work with me on getting the one I wanted (even though there were 4 available in DC area...). I actually found BMW dealers more accommodating than VW dealers; it was really pretty sad.
Dub said it better.
2014 BMW 328d xDrive
Member SSBMWO
DubFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2017, 10:27   #3619
SOCALGAL
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomatic View Post
I just bought a JKU Sahara, I LOVE IT!! A far cry from our TDI's. I love what I drive again.
2017 Chevy Silverado
2017 JKU Sahara
SOCALGAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2017, 14:56   #3620
UNsweet
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCALGAL View Post
I just bought a JKU Sahara, I LOVE IT!! A far cry from our TDI's. I love what I drive again.

I love that you love your Jeep!!

I can say, it isn't a Jeep - but I do enjoy driving my Tuscon. I can drive down the driveway and not worry about ripping the oil pan cover off now! LOL
UNsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2017, 15:08   #3621
SOCALGAL
Veteran Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNsweet View Post

I love that you love your Jeep!!
I can say, it isn't a Jeep - but I do enjoy driving my Tuscon. I can drive down the driveway and not worry about ripping the oil pan cover off now! LOL
Awe, thank you UNsweet! LOL, so glad you're enjoying your Tuscon. It's nice sitting up higher again, I missed that.
2017 Chevy Silverado
2017 JKU Sahara
SOCALGAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2017, 19:59   #3622
tvmaster
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2010 JSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubFamily View Post
I test drove a 17 GTI as well (Autobahn, I wanted leather). It was a pretty amazing car honestly. Fun, powerful, thrifty, and really well appointed/laid out interior.
It was my first choice; unfortunately I couldn't get any of 3 VW dealers near me in the DC area to work with me on getting the one I wanted (even though there were 4 available in DC area...). I actually found BMW dealers more accommodating than VW dealers; it was really pretty sad.
I went in to the dealer where we are returning our JSW to, two weeks ago. Asked their sales dude to see if he could find a used, Golf wagon, specific trim and features, and call me ASAP before we bought something else (aka soon). He said they didn't have anything, but he'd poke around online, etc. and call me. I walked thru their lot to my parked car, and literally passed a car that would make the list.
Haven't heard a peep.
VW FTW! lol. losers.
tvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2017, 06:15   #3623
earlthepearl
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 00 NB 47-48, 09 Jetta 42-43, 10 Touareg 25-26

I'm sticking with VW. I'll be replacing my 09 Jetta with a very clean 04 Passat TDI that has a 6 speed manual conversion. It will primarily be a highway car for business. As for the wife's Touareg, we'll be replacing that with a 2018 LWB Tiguan later this Summer, also for business. Hanging on to my 2000 NB TDI for non-business driving (382 K miles). She will have an 98 RAV 4 for local stuff.
earlthepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2017, 10:00   #3624
kjclow
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55 max / 44 avg on beetle ~37 on JSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomatic View Post
I thought I had heard that the new Jeep pickup would be a 2018 model, not a 2019. I guess that might work better for the JSW replacement time line though.
Old March 20th, 2017, 15:40   #3625
aliasbane

TDI(s): Passat 2013

So this is my new baby I bought for 7k(taxes reg included).

1999 Chevy Silverado 1500 LS 4x4, 4.8L V8
Only has 91k miles on the clock, from a nice older gentleman wanting a new car before he retires.

I have a lot of things planned for the truck, all maintance done by me, but I'm gonna sound deaden the cabin, upgrade the battery, alternator, Air Intake, Head Unit, Gauge Cluster, Speakers, Floor Mats, Seat Covers.

aliasbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2017, 16:17   #3626
gulfcoastguy
Veteran Member

I told the salesman that I was giving VW a 5 year break. I said that I would be back when; Consumers Report gives them a good rating, when they reintroduced diesels, or when they seriously introduced a decent Bolt rang electric car.
gulfcoastguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2017, 16:27   #3627
Johnny G1

Fuel Economy: Golf first fill up 46 mpg

Already bought a new car, 2014 Honda CRV Touring, 28k on it, mint shape, all leather and a better car than the 2013 Golf Wagon that will sit in the driveway untill buy back.
Johnny G1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2017, 17:54   #3628
tvmaster
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2010 JSW
Default how long after a new car model is introduced are they discounted?

JSW going back to meet her maker next month.
How long after a new car model is introduced are they discounted?
Most interested in the new KIA Niro, but they're at best selling for $50 over the Costco invoice price, with no incentives of any kind from KIA.
They were introduced on Super Bowl day.
Does it take month? A year? Sometimes never?
tvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2017, 17:55   #3629
Fav40
Veteran Member

Supply and Demand plays it's part too
Old March 20th, 2017, 18:25   #3630
friedduck

TDI(s): '15 GSW

I'd echo the sentiment to stay away from MINIs. I loved mine but had nothing but trouble, and sold it before the warranty ran out. The GTI is an amazing car. My wife has a '12 that I still love to drive (6mt.) I'd buy another but having two is a bit much.

The thing about that car is that it has about as much space (IIRC) as the current Tiguan in a sportscar package. Nothing but great things to say about ours.

Jeff
friedduck is offline   Reply With Quote