www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You




Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 2nd, 2017, 06:26   #2881
alightner
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: US
TDI(s): Multiple
Default

The JSW was a great road trip car, but ground clearance was abysmal because we added a hitch to hold a bike rack. Most of our road trips are to parks (often with dirt or gravel roads) so we decided we wanted a Jeep Wrangler for the new road trip car. I'm not sure how long it'll take before the MPG on the jeep induces me to add a third car so that my daily driver can stop guzzling gas.

The Passat was a great commuter with lots of leg room in the backseat and also a large trunk. It looks like the accord is the closest match so far.
alightner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2017, 08:13   #2882
CT_White_SRT
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: CT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alightner View Post
The JSW was a great road trip car, but ground clearance was abysmal because we added a hitch to hold a bike rack. Most of our road trips are to parks (often with dirt or gravel roads) so we decided we wanted a Jeep Wrangler for the new road trip car. I'm not sure how long it'll take before the MPG on the jeep induces me to add a third car so that my daily driver can stop guzzling gas.
The Passat was a great commuter with lots of leg room in the backseat and also a large trunk. It looks like the accord is the closest match so far.
We are opposite. I got a 3rd vehicle as we did not think the Wrangler was a good road trip car.
__________________
2015 Golf TDI SEI
2015 Wrangler Hard Rock
2017 Volvo XC90
CT_White_SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2017, 08:26   #2883
Cincy_TDI
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Cincy
Default

Replaced my 2015 Jetta with a 2016 RAV4 AWD. I missed sitting up higher , will get crappier gas MLg but oh well. At least I dont have to worry about $800 DSG services ( I did on my own so I know how to) plus I got free oil changes for life..
__________________
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
2015 Tiguan S 2.0 TSI
2013 Passat TDI SE Black on Black .. Totaled and gone...
Cincy_TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2017, 11:56   #2884
Bob2010JSW
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Keller, Texas
TDI(s): 2010 JSW
Default

Buy back on my 2010 JSW was on December 16 and purchased a 2017 Subaru Outback Limited on December 21.
Bob2010JSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2017, 12:12   #2885
2015vwgolfdiesel
Veteran Member
 
2015vwgolfdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Oklahoma
Fuel Economy: City mid 40s ~ Road mid 50s
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dje502 View Post
Replacing 2011 Golf TDI with 2017 Golf Wolfsburg. Getting the 2017 today. Buyback date is in February.
Overall the Golf suits my needs. Because I have low miles on the 2011 & am getting $5k off the 2017, I actually wind up pocketing $2600 after the buyback & paying for the 2017.

Looking at a similar deal(s)

Hard to pin down the OTD price.

The three 2017 Wolfburg car(s) at at dealers several hundreds of miles away.

Need to get a dealer willing to work with a car hauler

Also looking at the 2017 Jetta 1.4
2015vwgolfdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2017, 12:36   #2886
alightner
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: US
TDI(s): Multiple
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_White_SRT View Post
We are opposite. I got a 3rd vehicle as we did not think the Wrangler was a good road trip car.
Interesting... Did you have a 2 door or 4 door and what type of travel did you do? We have rented wranglers twice for road trips to national parks, so it might just depend on where you're taking them and what you plan to do when you get there. On the bright side you said you added a car for road trips so I assume you still kept your jeep for the utility factor
alightner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2017, 13:17   #2887
TDILeo
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Portland OR
Fuel Economy: 33 in town/54 road trip
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dje502 View Post
Replacing 2011 Golf TDI with 2017 Golf Wolfsburg. Getting the 2017 today. Buyback date is in February.
Overall the Golf suits my needs. Because I have low miles on the 2011 & am getting $5k off the 2017, I actually wind up pocketing $2600 after the buyback & paying for the 2017.
May I ask you what you paid OTD for your 2017 Golf Wolfsburg? I want to get a feel for pricing should I go that route. We do NOT have a sales tax in Oregon. Thanks in advance.
TDILeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2017, 16:13   #2888
Jet A
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Antonio
TDI(s): 2009 Jetta
Default

Feb 6 is my paperwork day for the buyback. Already replaced my 2009 Jetta with a 2014 Tesla Model S P85 (no autopilot)
__________________
Jet A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2017, 18:58   #2889
dje502
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wescosville, PA
TDI(s): gone
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDILeo View Post
May I ask you what you paid OTD for your 2017 Golf Wolfsburg? I want to get a feel for pricing should I go that route. We do NOT have a sales tax in Oregon. Thanks in advance.
The Wolfsburg I bought was an automatic & included the monster mat kit with the trunk liner. OTD was $20200 which included 6% PA sales tax, new plates, & doc fees.
Discounted price of the car with owner loyalty was $18796
dje502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2017, 20:05   #2890
TDILeo
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Portland OR
Fuel Economy: 33 in town/54 road trip
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dje502 View Post
The Wolfsburg I bought was an automatic & included the monster mat kit with the trunk liner. OTD was $20200 which included 6% PA sales tax, new plates, & doc fees.
Discounted price of the car with owner loyalty was $18796
Thank you. I'd prolly select the 5M for myself, but if I could get out the door under 19K, that might work. Around these parts, most dealers have only DSGs in that model.

Last edited by TDILeo; January 2nd, 2017 at 20:08.
TDILeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 03:01   #2891
dje502
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wescosville, PA
TDI(s): gone
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDILeo View Post
Thank you. I'd prolly select the 5M for myself, but if I could get out the door under 19K, that might work. Around these parts, most dealers have only DSGs in that model.
Yeah, going with the 5M knocks $1100 off the price.
BTW, it's actually just a regular 6 speed automatic, not a DSG. My 2011 TDI has the DSG. So far I only got to drive it home from the dealer in the pouring rain. I haven't had a chance to really compare the difference between the autos. The up side is no DSG maintenance cost.
So far I'm liking the Wolfsburg. Gotta learn the new features. Got to test the blind spot monitor on the ride home.
dje502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 06:16   #2892
jblanken64
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Six Mile, SC
TDI(s): 2013 TDI SEL
Default

Picked up a loaded 2013 335i for 27K w/33K miles.
jblanken64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 06:56   #2893
Fordman
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: va
TDI(s): golf
Default

I picked up a used Ford CMax for pennies on the dollar (low resale) and this is an AMAZING car!!! LOVE IT
Fordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 07:45   #2894
TDILeo
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Portland OR
Fuel Economy: 33 in town/54 road trip
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dje502 View Post
Yeah, going with the 5M knocks $1100 off the price.
BTW, it's actually just a regular 6 speed automatic, not a DSG.
You're right, what was I thinking? Please post your impressions about the WE Golf as you put a few more miles on it. My buyback occurs at the end of January, so maybe I will see how much the dealer is willing to 'sharpen the pencil' on a deal.
TDILeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 09:00   #2895
CT_White_SRT
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: CT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alightner View Post
Interesting... Did you have a 2 door or 4 door and what type of travel did you do? We have rented wranglers twice for road trips to national parks, so it might just depend on where you're taking them and what you plan to do when you get there. On the bright side you said you added a car for road trips so I assume you still kept your jeep for the utility factor

We have a 4 door. It is a Hard Rock. I like it.

More of regular road trips. Not camping / hiking / etc.

I don't drive it much now. May decide to sell. Don't think I have started it since November.

Been driving the TDI until buy back. May get an R. Not sure.
__________________
2015 Golf TDI SEI
2015 Wrangler Hard Rock
2017 Volvo XC90
CT_White_SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buyback: IF condition doesn't matter, lets make them Art Cars str1ck Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal 93 October 31st, 2016 13:22
So the details of the buyback are in? da_jokker Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal 23 June 28th, 2016 09:25
VW Buyback NGWV Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal 1 February 27th, 2016 12:33
If there is a Buyback..What would it take for you get out of your TDI? Philpug Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal 435 October 8th, 2015 11:11
NB buyback fields Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal 11 September 26th, 2001 19:14


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright - TDIClub Online LTD - 2017
Contact Us | Privacy Statement | Forum Rules | Disclaimer
TDIClub Online Ltd (TDIClub.com) is not affiliated with the VWoA or VWAG and is supported by contributions from viewers like you.
1996 - 2017, All Rights Reserved
Page generated in 0.19552 seconds with 11 queries
[Output: 130.43 Kb. compressed to 109.75 Kb. by saving 20.69 Kb. (15.86%)]