www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Other TDI/Diesel Picture Gallery

Other TDI/Diesel Picture Gallery Do you have a TDI or Diesel not listed above? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old June 6th, 2016, 16:44   #1
durallymax
Veteran Member

Default Audi A6 TDI

Decided to upgrade to a nicer TDI the other day, an A6 TDI Prestige. Aside from being a prestige it is pretty basic, the only additional upgrades are full LED headlights, Cold weather pack (heated wheel, heated real seats) and the Glacier White Metallic paint (looks like white).

I was driving a TDI Cup Edition Jetta and decided to look at Audis after I tallied up what the mods to the Jetta would've cost and at the end of the day I'd still have a Jetta. I love that Jetta and I think the thunderbunny Cups are one of the best looking Jetta ever, but the Audi is just nicer to drive for normal driving. It's a bit more boring, but exponentially more comfortable. The seats are a bit flat though which would suck on a road course. For awhile I thought Audi's MMI concept was a bit odd, now I'm sold, touchscreens suck.

I really can't tell if it's any quicker than my tuned Jetta. It feels like it isn't, but "speed" feels much different in that car. I find myself doing 80 when I think I'm doing 60. It's so smooth and quiet. The V6 TDI torque does put you back in your seat and the 8spd cruises just over 1600rpm@80mph. On the same exact 350 mile trip, Audi got 35mpg, Jetta got 45mpg. Cruise at 80mph on Highway and some Chicago traffic mixed in. Audi weighs 4200lbs, almost 1k heavier than Jetta. Jetta is manual, Audi is a slushbox, not to mention AWD versus FWD and the engine size difference. I'd say they're both awesome when it comes to fuel.

I'll probably tune it and possibly do an exhaust. The wheels aren't my favorite, I like the 20" 10 spoke V design, or the 5 spoke rotors. The 10s look better on black but the 5s look cool on white I think. Then again 19s ride nicer than 20s.

Wheel comparison

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
durallymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2016, 06:28   #2
Nash_TDI
Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: 63.25mpg max

Looks nice. Can't wait to get my hands on a 3.0.

Interesting what VW does with the 3.0 cars and dieselgate.
PD Cam tools, BSM tool, VE & PD TB tool rental available.
Nash_TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2016, 10:05   #3
RebelTDI
Veteran Member

I agree. The 3.0 TDI may be the only TDI VW offers in the US. The 3.0 is so smooth, refined, powerful and efficient. I hope they are available in the future.
RebelTDI is offline   Reply With Quote