www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI 101

TDI 101 Got a simple/basic TDI question? Are you a newbie (new to the forums). Feel free to post your question here.

Old December 16th, 2015, 10:10   #1
xFlandies
Veteran Member

Default Febi Motor Mounts vs Corteco Motor Mounts Question

Like title says,

Is anyone running Febi Motor Mounts and how are they compared to Corteco Motor mounts ? I am trying to remove the vibration from my steering wheel and seat.

The dogbone mount I will be buying is by Lemfoerder.

I personally dont know which one to get because I have seen mixed reviews for Febi.

Thanks.
xFlandies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2015, 10:05   #2
Curious Chris
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 47/42/38

There is general agreement that FEBI (OEM) will give you smoothest ride. I had vibration and when I changed all mounts with FEBI it went away. Of course I have replaced every part of the suspension in my car too.
Wavetrac LSD, Bosch 230'a with RC4.5, Whitbread 2.5" downpipe, PD lift pump, South Bend Stage 2 Endurance Clutch, steel skid plate, Wingnut inspired EGR mod, MyCruiseAgent no drill EGT, MoGolf skidplate mod
Curious Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2015, 14:33   #3
xFlandies
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Chris View Post
There is general agreement that FEBI (OEM) will give you smoothest ride. I had vibration and when I changed all mounts with FEBI it went away. Of course I have replaced every part of the suspension in my car too.
I am trying to get ride of the vibration and jerking when I turn the car on and also when trans is shifting, I get either a jerk or a pause (no gear is not refusing to go in).

Here is the febi mount: https://order.germanparts.ca/product...pe=APPLICATION

I just dont want to buy this mount and the other ones too and a worse vibration
xFlandies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2015, 04:03   #4
Rembrant
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 50 MPG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFlandies View Post
I am trying to get ride of the vibration and jerking when I turn the car on and also when trans is shifting, I get either a jerk or a pause (no gear is not refusing to go in).
I replaced all three mounts last winter...both engine and trans mounts were Febi, but I'm not sure what brand the dogbone was...it was just a Worldpac replacement IIRC...nothing special.

I am having zero issues with vibration or shifting gears or anything while driving the car....everything is fine in that sense. However, the one thing that seems to have developed is that it feels like the engine "jumps" or "jerks" when I start it. I know it wasn't like this when all of the mounts were new...it did develop later on.

I'm not sure which mount in particular is loose enough to cause this jump/jerk feeling, but I assumed it was the dogbone....because the engine wants to rotate when it starts? I've been meaning to get somebody else to start the car while I watch under the hood, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Rem
Rembrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2015, 08:21   #5
Curious Chris
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 47/42/38

The parts are cheaper at IDparts: dogbone $25.95 and the motor and transmission are $59.95 each. http://www.idparts.com/transmission-mount-a4-p-459.html
Wavetrac LSD, Bosch 230'a with RC4.5, Whitbread 2.5" downpipe, PD lift pump, South Bend Stage 2 Endurance Clutch, steel skid plate, Wingnut inspired EGR mod, MyCruiseAgent no drill EGT, MoGolf skidplate mod
Curious Chris is offline   Reply With Quote