www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Fuels & Lubricants

Fuels & Lubricants Discussion all about Fuels & Lubricants. synthetic oil, conventional oil, brands, change intervals, diesel grades, gelling and such debated items like that. Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed. This forum is NOT for the discussion of biodiesel and other alternative fuels.

Old August 20th, 2015, 12:08   #1
SoSoTDI

Default Propel fuels diesel #2 HPR has anyone in Socal used it?

So the Propel station just removed their B20 biodiesel and replaced it with their Diesel #2 HPR. I used to fill my tank up with 10-11 gallons of reg #2 and then top it off with B20 around 2-3 gallons making it around 2-3% biodiesel. I know my car 2013 A3 Tdi CBEA can run up to B5.

Here's the detail info about it http://dieselhpr.com/learn-more from what it looks like it seems better than your run of the mill station #2 as it has higher cetane and better additives for lubricity.

Just wondering if it's safe to run a full tank on this HPR? It's $.50 cheaper a gallon than reg #2 at around $2.49 per gallon.
SoSoTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2015, 12:13   #2
SoSoTDI

I searched HPR fuel but didn't come up with anything but after some further digging I found this thread.

https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=434322
Old August 20th, 2015, 12:52   #3
MichaelB
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 46-48 mpg ave. Warm weather 38-42 cold weather. 35-38 extreme cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSoTDI View Post
I searched HPR fuel but didn't come up with anything but after some further digging I found this thread.

https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=434322
If you read the entire thread all you questions will be answered.
MichaelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2015, 12:54   #4
SoSoTDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
If you read the entire thread all you questions will be answered.
I did, that's why I posted it right under my initial post as it answered my own question.
It will just make it easier to find when using the search by titles with "hpr".
Old August 20th, 2015, 13:37   #5
MichaelB
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 46-48 mpg ave. Warm weather 38-42 cold weather. 35-38 extreme cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSoTDI View Post
I did, that's why I posted it right under my initial post as it answered my own question.
It will just make it easier to find when using the search by titles with "hpr".
OK fair enough....I kinda thought you were implying that was all you could find and still didn't find an answer to your original question my bad.
MichaelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2015, 09:19   #6
PeterGum

Default HPR in NorCal

I have been using Propel's HPR #2 diesel exclusively in my2013 Jetta Sportwagen for a year and it works fine. I understand they add something to bring the lubricity up to the petro diesel specs. Otherwise it matches the petro specs exactly. Glad to hear HPR is available in SoCal. Looking for other comments on HPR users results/observations on using it exclusively.
PeterGum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2015, 09:22   #7
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

See the links I posted in your other thread you started. Long discussions already here.
Old October 7th, 2015, 09:55   #8
PeterGum

Default Using HPR exclusively for 1 year

I am in NorCal and have a Propel station three blocks from my house. i've used it almost exclusively for over a year and my 2013 Jetta Sportwagen runs great.AND according to Propel's spec sheet it expels 14% less NOx
than the petro diesel. Go to www.dieselhpr.com and look up the spec comparisons with petro diesel. Very interesting.
PeterGum is offline   Reply With Quote