www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Other TDI/Diesel Picture Gallery

Other TDI/Diesel Picture Gallery Do you have a TDI or Diesel not listed above? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old March 22nd, 2016, 04:03   #46
xjay1337
Veteran Member

This is how the car looks at the moment.

IMG_3397-56 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

IMG_3407-58 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

I aim to update later in the week regarding further engine tuning. Thanks for reading.

Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, 340hp 625nm Built and mapped by Bobby Singh , THS IC, Revo/Forge Custom Intake, Mocal Oil Cooler, 3 Eurojet TBE, AKS Quickshifter, Recaro Pole Positions, Schroth 4 point harnesses, Rear seat removal, R bumper, Carbon Fibre GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, AM DB9 front brakes, Audi S3 rears, Polar FIS, Hertz Audio
xjay1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2016, 05:57   #47
YukonLT
Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: Good

Love this car and build, nice work!
Old March 22nd, 2016, 09:29   #48
ATR
Veteran Member

Really diggin' the great work you're doing!!!

In for all future updates

***Official maintenance schedule for your VW [PDFs inside]***
ATR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2016, 15:34   #49
xjay1337
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonLT View Post
Love this car and build, nice work!
Thanks
It does the job! I have a lot of plans still including full racing livery, wide carbon arches (front and rear, from the GT24 car). So happy with the car still after 18 months of ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATR View Post
Really diggin' the great work you're doing!!!

In for all future updates

Thank you for the kind words, look forward to sharing updates with you soon..

Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, 340hp 625nm Built and mapped by Bobby Singh , THS IC, Revo/Forge Custom Intake, Mocal Oil Cooler, 3 Eurojet TBE, AKS Quickshifter, Recaro Pole Positions, Schroth 4 point harnesses, Rear seat removal, R bumper, Carbon Fibre GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, AM DB9 front brakes, Audi S3 rears, Polar FIS, Hertz Audio
Old March 24th, 2016, 15:02   #50
xjay1337
Veteran Member

Hello -

So I can now reveal that we have done a new tune from the ground up on the car.
The old Darkside map was good, and I had zero problems with it, but I felt more could be had from the car.

Bobby Singh agreed to take on the challenge. Some of you may have read his 440+ bhp A4 3.0 V6 build on here. So certainly knows his stuff.

The before was 242bhp and 350 ft lb of torque.
Now we are are 250bhp and 385ft lb. The torque has come in a lot more aggressively with a much better spool as well.

20160324_152933 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

A before and after.

And comparative on paper - Top is darkside. Bottom is Bobby's.
Better power and torque aside from under 2000rpm.

2016-03-24_09-51-59 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Very strong spool at 2400rpm.

2016-03-24_09-32-57 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

We are right on the limit of the fuel pump now. We can't get any more and have tried many work arounds.

I am ordering the last part of my intake that I am making up at the end of the month, and hope to have that sorted early into April.
Not sure when we will have the uprated pump, but I'm told it will be soon. We are having to sort out our own pump kit out so it's taking a bit longer.

The car feels a night and day from before, so I'm really chuffed and hugely grateful for the time and effort that Bobby has put into it.

Last edited by xjay1337; March 24th, 2016 at 15:21.
Old March 24th, 2016, 21:47   #51
ATR
Veteran Member

NICE!!!

I'm pretty sure the CP3 is the best thing going for our cars at the moment:
https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=447334

Might want to reach out to Andrew aka "2micron" here on tdiclub.

Old March 25th, 2016, 05:28   #52
xjay1337
Veteran Member

Thanks bud

We tried to get a CP3 from Andrew however he was not willing to sell one to go on my car. (politics).
Never ones to let setbacks get in the way of progress, we are making our own solution. Once its ready I will be able to share more details.

Old March 25th, 2016, 09:02   #53
ATR
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjay1337 View Post
Thanks bud

We tried to get a CP3 from Andrew however he was not willing to sell one to go on my car. (politics).
Never ones to let setbacks get in the way of progress, we are making our own solution. Once its ready I will be able to share more details.
No matter, this is turning into one of my favorite builds I've seen thus far. It helps that it's a Scirocco... Oh, and those seats are drool worthy (close to impossible to get a pair here in the states).

I'm curious to see how you tackle the fuel pump

Old March 25th, 2016, 10:54   #54
xjay1337
Veteran Member

Aw thanks pal, appreciate the kind words glad you like it :-)

I actually sold the seats yesterday! I will be ordering some brand new Recaro Pole Positions on Tuesday (we are on an extended public holiday here in the UK for Easter).
They should take about a month to arrive. So am quite excited.
The RS4 seats were lovely and comfortable but I want something a bit more track oriented

Im told we have some of the parts needed and the rest should he fabricated in the coming weeks.

Old April 4th, 2016, 15:56   #55
rjt86

Man this is a awesome build, you got me excited lol

I'm following it closely as i'm keen on chucking the GTB2260 kit on my Passat CC CR170 CBBB in Australia, i just have the issue of not many diesel performance workshops like Darkside locally so hard to drive in and drive out with all the work done.

Have you compared the power your making now to GTI's or Golf R's on the street, surely a stock GTI or R should be a easy win?

Hows traction through the front wheels with this kit
rjt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2016, 14:38   #56
xjay1337
Veteran Member

That would be cool. The Passat CC are great looking saloons.
Im sure you can find somewhere. Even if you need to fit it all yourself and ship your ECU.
Can you not do.something with a Haltech? So you could self tune..

GTIs are easily dealt with, Rs are just doablr.
Tractiion isnt a problem as long as you dont have lead feet :-) good tyres are a must.
Lsd coming soon.

Old May 4th, 2016, 15:19   #57
xjay1337
Veteran Member

Produced a custom intake solution (part one).

Had to get bits and bobs from various suppliers.

20160503_112909 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Sourced a heat shield from a Mk5 GTI, from UK aftermarket producer "Forge Motorsports".
Some off-the-shelf hoses.
My buddy at AKS Tuning made me up a short link pipe and bead-rolled it.

20160503_155646 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Finished product looks like this.

20160503_161438 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Part 2 of this intake is next visit, when we have some more time - I will get some metal pipework made up from the TIP to the MAF housing hopefully eliminating some crappy angles on the plastic flexi-hose.

I want a full pipe from TIP to filter however the MAF housing is stupid on the CR engines were the MAF does not separate from the MAF housing like the PD engines. I believe the PD170 MAF does seperate but I am not sure if this will be compatible with my ECU. I will check with Bobby (my tuner).

Hope to share some further fuel pump upgrade with you soon.

Old May 4th, 2016, 16:08   #58
clamb
Veteran Member

Very nice
Old July 13th, 2016, 05:32   #59
xjay1337
Veteran Member

Wanted to bring an update to the thread.

CP3 on. Also able to retain engine cover.

20160703_134258 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Bobby Singh spent a great deal of time on the car and we have an excellent tune for the time being.

I've done about 2500 miles on the CP3 since installation, on road, strip and track - and not had a single issue with rail pressure (or anything else actual. no CEL, no limp, no stuttering) Further developments being made and we will be able to post more details on power when we are finished.

CARS8154-3 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Last edited by xjay1337; July 14th, 2016 at 00:56.
Old July 13th, 2016, 06:14   #60
2micron

Nice Job Gentlemen!!
Jay, your car is awesome!!
Congrats to You and Bobby,
Andrew
2micron is offline   Reply With Quote