www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Ontario

Ontario Local discussions for those in the Ontario, Canada area.

Old October 7th, 2014, 15:40   #61
Wingnut
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 4.5L/100km

That hatch should get covered with no issues.

Old Ride (2000 Black Sedan): Gone

New Ride: (2003 Silver Wagon): Malone Tuned, T4 injectors, 11mm pump, 2.5" Magnaflow cat back, PD150 intake, OMI, Wingnut SS, ERF 6 speed, Bilstein TC Sport susp. w/GTI springs, Neuspeed RSB, Santa Monica's, Autometer Cobalt Boost & EGT, MFA Sport cluster, GLI Leather seats, SS vacuum lines, AVIC Z3 Nav and I still get 4.5L/100km (I got 3.9L/100k on a tank once)
Some handy 'How to's'
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2014, 05:07   #62
streeker02
Veteran Member

From experience, they won't cover that hatch...they'll blame it on a leaky washer pump. Tried 2 different dealers to get this covered
streeker02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2014, 08:23   #63
tdi04mk4

2004 Golf GLS TDI, am i asking too much since rebuilt? Car is flawless in person. The pictures are kinda crappy and dont tell the whole story but not many golfs shine like this one

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ex-silver-128k)
tdi04mk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2014, 08:44   #64
LNXGUY
Veteran Member

Way too much... even if it was stock.... Almost 10k? And it's not a wagon? I'd day $6500-$7500 at the most.

:EDIT: Missed the rebuilt title, you won't get close to what I thought..

'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Custom tuned by Mike @ TDTuning.com

Last edited by LNXGUY; October 9th, 2014 at 10:07.
LNXGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2014, 09:57   #65
McGuillicuddy
Veteran Member

Think of the risk a buyer is assuming. You may know and be fully confident in the quality of that car, but a 'rebuilt' title makes a buyer extremely wary since they have no reason to be as certain about the vehicle as you are. You need to lower your price to entice somebody to overlook that risk.

I was in the same position last year when I was buying. There was a sweet looking BEW 5sp wagon at a good price, but it was rebuilt and I just didn't want to deal with the risk. A more savvy buyer might have done more due diligence and decided it was a good car, but again the price had to be low enough to make it worth somebody's time/effort to go through all that.
Old October 9th, 2014, 10:31   #66
Paulinski
Veteran Member

Rebuild title = much lower price.

IMHO
Old October 9th, 2014, 10:33   #67
tdi04mk4

how much do you guys think then? $2000-4000?
Old October 9th, 2014, 11:18   #68
steve6
Veteran Member

Does it actually say rebuilt on the ownership? cloth interor, steel wheels, timing belt needs to be done? Ya maybe $3500
steve6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2014, 11:27   #69
Wingnut
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 4.5L/100km

Don't forget the low mileage. Lots of high mileage cars available at the $3-4k mark. Even though it doesn't have a lot of options, a clean low mileage car is still worth at least $5k IMHO. Put in on Kijiji and ask $5900 and see what type of a response you get.

Oh, and make sure to tell the buyer to do the timing belt ASAP. An 11 year old belt, regardless of mileage, is a ticking time bomb.

Old Ride (2000 Black Sedan): Gone

New Ride: (2003 Silver Wagon): Malone Tuned, T4 injectors, 11mm pump, 2.5" Magnaflow cat back, PD150 intake, OMI, Wingnut SS, ERF 6 speed, Bilstein TC Sport susp. w/GTI springs, Neuspeed RSB, Santa Monica's, Autometer Cobalt Boost & EGT, MFA Sport cluster, GLI Leather seats, SS vacuum lines, AVIC Z3 Nav and I still get 4.5L/100km (I got 3.9L/100k on a tank once)
Some handy 'How to's'

Last edited by Wingnut; October 9th, 2014 at 11:32.
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2014, 14:34   #70
tdi04mk4

I never actually checked the ownership, its my dads car. I imagine it does since it was salvaged & yes i am selling the car with T belt and all the other components that need to be changed soon. Hopefully i will get 3-5k for it!

Thanks for the help guys!
Old October 9th, 2014, 19:09   #71
imo000
Veteran Member

Check the top of the ownership and report back. Most people walk away from a branded car. If you have pictures to show what the damage was, that would help during the sale. Also, did the car had to go through structural inspection before the safety?
imo000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2014, 21:15   #72
tdi04mk4

Not that I know of. The cars front bumper was smashed aand no air bags went off during the accident. I don't know much about insurance and stuff but I was confused why it was salvaged. Before my dad bought the car we took it to 2 body shops to get a full inspection of the structure and both confirmed it was perfectly fine and estimated around $800-1500 to replace bumper & paint. I have seen similar cars at LKQ that were missing front bumpers with no air bags going off with salvage titles. But id truly rather keep my tdi and let it sit in my garage forever then sell it for 2-3k. In 20 years it would be one of the only few with low kms ahaha
Old October 10th, 2014, 04:10   #73
steve6
Veteran Member

It will say Brand - rebuilt on the ownership if its been tagged. Ill tell you this, its definitely worth checking. If it does not have that you don't have to advertise it as rebuilt, you can simply disclose it had a small fender bender. Spend the $20 on the uvip and see what it says as well. If the ownership is not tagged, Id say you could probably get upwards of $7500..to the right buyer.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k68opjb63z...brand.jpg?dl=0
steve6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2014, 05:12   #74
imo000
Veteran Member

We bought a civic from Dominion too. Had a slight side swipe and ended up beeing written off but it didn't have a sapvage title and didn't need a structural inspection. However, all factory warranty was void. As I said before, check the owhership and did it need a structural inspection by MTO before it was allowed to be safetied? If you think a branded car stored for 20 years with lowish Kms will woth a lot, I would say, you should have stayed in school longer.
imo000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2014, 06:16   #75
tdi04mk4

Will check. Sorry I don't know much about cars and value. I'm only 19 and in school to become a CPA