www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Ontario

Ontario Local discussions for those in the Ontario, Canada area.

Old January 13th, 2017, 11:48   #166
Wingnut
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 4.5L/100km

Still relatively low KM for a 14 year old car. I would pay $4000 for something like that.

Old Ride (2000 Black Sedan): Gone

New Ride: (2003 Silver Wagon): Malone Tuned, T4 injectors, 11mm pump, 2.5" Magnaflow cat back, PD150 intake, OMI, Wingnut SS, ERF 6 speed, Bilstein TC Sport susp. w/GTI springs, Neuspeed RSB, Santa Monica's, Autometer Cobalt Boost & EGT, MFA Sport cluster, GLI Leather seats, SS vacuum lines, AVIC Z3 Nav and I still get 4.5L/100km (I got 3.9L/100k on a tank once)
Some handy 'How to's'
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2017, 14:58   #167
Jlaasf
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
Still relatively low KM for a 14 year old car. I would pay $4000 for something like that.
Thanks Nigel. Just noticed your reply. I was thinking selling I could hopefully sell somewhere around the $4,000 mark.

I've listed the car at $4,700 with safety and e-test and both sets of wheels. I'd really like something a little above $4,000 out of it. I'll list it on here with a link to my ad too.
Jlaasf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2017, 10:56   #168
Silver02TDI
Veteran Member

Hi all,

I am now in the market for a Toyota Sienna. With a kid and a boat, I need more space. Plus, having to move my front seats every time I insert or remove the child seat is annoying the crap out of me. Now this whole dieselgate thing is making me wonder what to do with my car. Is there any market for it? Any ideas on a reasonable trade-in value? Not sure I want to park it until the buy-back. It is a 2012 Golf Wagen TDI Highline with Nav, and has around 90K km on it. Original owner, all records, etc etc. The only downsides are the tires - both all seasons and winters - are ending their tread life (4-5/10ths and 5-6/10th respectively). Plus I need to fix or replace the cracked front bumper. Runs perfectly, everything works, and I added rear mud flaps and an aluminum skid plate to it. All service done by VW.

Input appreciated,

Sophia

Edit: Forgot to add, it is one of the rare manual 6 speeds

Last edited by Silver02TDI; February 1st, 2017 at 18:48.
Silver02TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2017, 12:50   #169
Windex
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ʎɯouoɔƎ lǝnℲ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver02TDI View Post
Hi all,

I am now in the market for a Toyota Sienna. With a kid and a boat, I need more space. Plus, having to move my front seats every time I insert or remove the child seat is annoying the crap out of me. Now this whole dieselgate thing is making me wonder what to do with my car. Is there any market for it? Any ideas on a reasonable trade-in value? Not sure I want to park it until the buy-back. It is a 2012 Golf Wagen TDI Highline with Nav, and has around 90K km on it. Original owner, all records, etc etc. The only downsides are the tires - both all seasons and winters - are ending their tread life (4-5/10ths and 5-6/10th respectively). Plus I need to fix or replace the cracked front bumper. Runs perfectly, everything works, and I added rear mud flaps and an aluminum skid plate to it. All service done by VW.

Input appreciated,

Sophia
Are there any awesome front bumper repairs on this car?

Proudly installing things where they're not supposed to go since 1996!
Windex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2017, 14:36   #170
Silver02TDI
Veteran Member

Well your repair has now held up three years, but I somehow think it won't fly with a trade in ha ha! But wondering if a body shop can reinforce it, and repaint it or something
Silver02TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2017, 06:40   #171
PeeWee
Veteran Member

That repair is awesome I watched it being done Windex you da man
PeeWee is offline   Reply With Quote