www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > General VW Discussion

General VW Discussion This is a place for General VW topics (the company, not your vehicle). General topics about a specific vehicle should be posted in the General TDI Dicussion Forum sections for that vehicle platform. A4, A3 & B4, B5, etc.

Old August 6th, 2002, 11:58   #1
TDiMac

Default Santa Fe Passat Wagons???

Just got back from our inaugural voyage to Sante Fe, NM using our newly acquired '01 Passat Wagon and have a general observation/question.

I've owned 5 VW's (3 current/2past), so I may be a little biased but I saw so many Subaru Outbacks/Forresters in Sante Fe that it seemed like they had given those ugly things away for free. They were all over the place! I saw maybe 3 other Passat Wagons.

Now, I understand that given the climate there is a need for AWD but the do the people of Santa Fe not know that the Passat Wagons also have 4-Motion? Not to mention the looks and drive of the Passat Wagon. Being the creative/eccentric/artsy cultural city that Santa Fe is I just found this observation peculiar.

I checked Edmunds and the prices for the Sub's vs. the Passat wagons are about the same.

So what gives? Any Santa Fe-ians out there to add a comment?
TDiMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2002, 17:08   #2
tdibugman
Veteran Member

Default Re: Santa Fe Passat Wagons???

Quote:
Originally posted by TDiMac:
Being the creative/eccentric/artsy cultural city that Santa Fe is I just found this observation peculiar.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think you answered it yourself. Subies have always been a little off to the side, ya know? After owning seven before the VW conversion, every time you mentioned you had a Subie to someone, all you got was a nod, and then the subject changed.
They are all over the Northeast, too - Maine, VT, NH.
It might also be that wannabe SUV look they have, too.
tdibugman is offline   Reply With Quote