www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Ontario

Ontario Local discussions for those in the Ontario, Canada area.

Old January 18th, 2013, 14:56   #46
TyeRant
Veteran Member

In... Add my name.

But if I see someone who looks like a monkey with a wrench in hand and says they know how to fix a TDI, I will run! LOL

Currently a CAA member but would love a discount!

Thanks OP

Last edited by TyeRant; January 18th, 2013 at 14:57. Reason: Speeling LOL
TyeRant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2013, 13:39   #47
DumpInfo
Veteran Member

I'm interested as well (x2) however since there are different types of memberships would like to know if the discount applies to each level or whether its based only on a particular package.
Old January 21st, 2013, 08:28   #48
ElectricMayhem
Veteran Member

Is this $50/a insurance for a tow truck that would cost me $120 in the unlikely event I need one? Not trying to be a troublemaker, just curious about what the value proposition is.
ElectricMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 08:48   #49
dwfdiesel
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: golf 2006 Ave. 52 mpg (imp) on 330,000 km

I'm in at renewal time especially for a discount!

dwfdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 09:23   #50
RDA3440
Veteran Member

TDI(s): None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricMayhem View Post
Is this $50/a insurance for a tow truck that would cost me $120 in the unlikely event I need one? Not trying to be a troublemaker, just curious about what the value proposition is.
When I first proposed this, it came about because I happened to be looking for CAA for some volunteers my wife works with. I found out they had some discounts for these volunteers. I looked into it further and found out there are options for car clubs and groups.

At the least, I figured a club-renewal would offer some kick backs to TDIClub - even if there is no discount to me, I still think it's a great idea so we can support our forums with our normal CAA membership. I can personally state the high value and regard I hold for this forum. What I have saved in time and money with the help of forum members, helpful information, and the friendships I have made here really adds up. Giving back was my primary reason. Discounts are always great, so whichever way this pans out, it's all good.

It's very inexpensive peace of mind knowing I can get a tow, boost, or whatever - wherever, and whenever I need it.

Hope that helps clarify the intent.

Thanks!

R.

Last edited by RDA3440; January 21st, 2013 at 09:45.
RDA3440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 09:44   #51
mecne
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 06 Jetta TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDA3440 View Post
When I first proposed this, it came about because I happened to be looking for CAA for some volunteers my wife works with. I found out they had some discounts for these volunteers. I looked into it further and found out there are options for car clubs and groups.
At the least, I figured a club-renewal would offer some kick backs to TDIClub - even if there is no discount to me, I still think it's a great idea so we can support our forums with our normal CAA membership. I can personally state the high value and regard I hold for this forum. What I have saved in time and money with the help of forum members, helpful information, and the friendships I have made here really adds up. Giving back was my primary reason. Discounts are always great, so whichever way this pans out, it's all good.
It's very inexpensive peace of mind know I can get a tow, boost, or whatever - wherever, and whenever I need it.
Hope that helps clarify the intent.
Thanks!
R.
There are different types of Road Side available on the market , CAA is one of the better ones.

My wifes Aunt and Uncle run a towing business for many years .. They Tow for all the major Road Side Assistance vendors and have said to me many times when I ask , should I renew my caa or go with another .. Go with CAA .
My wife received a Canadian Tire "Commuter Auto Safety Kit" from Health and Safety from work because of the travelling she does for them and it comes with "1 year free Roadside Assistance included". Never even bothered to look it up .. as we have been happy with CAA for many many years.

M

2k Golf TDI - Sold for parts after it went Kaboom!
mecne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 10:39   #52
Wingnut
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 4.5L/100km

Just an update.....I sent in the request for information as soon as this thread started. I still have not heard back. So I just resent the request again today. Hopefully someone gets back to me ASAP.

Old Ride (2000 Black Sedan): Gone

New Ride: (2003 Silver Wagon): Malone Tuned, T4 injectors, 11mm pump, 2.5" Magnaflow cat back, PD150 intake, OMI, Wingnut SS, ERF 6 speed, Bilstein TC Sport susp. w/GTI springs, Neuspeed RSB, Santa Monica's, Autometer Cobalt Boost & EGT, MFA Sport cluster, GLI Leather seats, SS vacuum lines, AVIC Z3 Nav and I still get 4.5L/100km (I got 3.9L/100k on a tank once)
Some handy 'How to's'
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 11:54   #53
ymz
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 5.3 l/100 km (at 115 km/h)

I guess we'll all wait and see, eh... eh?

Y.
ymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:12   #54
Tyrel
Veteran Member

Interested x2 maybe 3
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:22   #55
Wingnut
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 4.5L/100km

OK. Here is the scoop.

TDI Club members would be eligible to join under the Association program. However, it is only for new members, and only a one time discount (no deal on the renewal next year). So basically, this would only be good for people who currently do not have a membership. Kinda sucks for the majority of us who are already members, but some people can take advantage.

The rates are as follows:

Basic - $58.76 (reg $75.71)
Plus - $95.49 (reg $120.91)
Premier - $120.91 ($154.81)

Those prices are including tax, so are quite good.

I will fill out the forms and send them in and post the info here once TDI Club is set up in their system.

The benefits of each plan can be seen on this page:

https://www.caasco.com/Membership-an...rofile=DEFAULT

FYI, If you are already a CAA card holder, scan your card at Husky stations and get $$$ off your membership. I just renewed my membership last week and I got around $25 off.

Old Ride (2000 Black Sedan): Gone

New Ride: (2003 Silver Wagon): Malone Tuned, T4 injectors, 11mm pump, 2.5" Magnaflow cat back, PD150 intake, OMI, Wingnut SS, ERF 6 speed, Bilstein TC Sport susp. w/GTI springs, Neuspeed RSB, Santa Monica's, Autometer Cobalt Boost & EGT, MFA Sport cluster, GLI Leather seats, SS vacuum lines, AVIC Z3 Nav and I still get 4.5L/100km (I got 3.9L/100k on a tank once)
Some handy 'How to's'

Last edited by Wingnut; January 22nd, 2013 at 12:08.
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:29   #56
LNXGUY
Veteran Member

You can also transfer Petro Points over to CAA as well.

'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Custom tuned by Mike @ TDTuning.com
LNXGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 09:07   #57
ksa63
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 2003 Jetta 54 Miles per Imperial Gallon, 2005 Passat 40 Miles per Imperial Gallon

I'm interested too. I have used CAA twice this winter, Once for a minor slip into the ditch... my kid driving and CAA covered it without me being there, and today with gelled fuel broke down on Rama Rd.
Thats twice in less than a month.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 09:44   #58
Purch
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNXGUY View Post
You can also transfer Petro Points over to CAA as well.
Really? I wonder what kind of deal I'll get with my 220,000 points
Old January 23rd, 2013, 09:48   #59
ik0n
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDi-Golfer View Post
Really? I wonder what kind of deal I'll get with my 220,000 points
About $220 if you book a trip through itravel2000!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:22   #60
mecne
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 06 Jetta TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa63 View Post
I'm interested too. I have used CAA twice this winter, Once for a minor slip into the ditch... my kid driving and CAA covered it without me being there, and today with gelled fuel broke down on Rama Rd.
Thats twice in less than a month.
Gelled fuel? Where do you fill up to get this nasty issue?

Thanks for the leg work on this Nigel.
I'll be spitting my CAA off from my parents mailing address and would be considered a new member I would think.

2k Golf TDI - Sold for parts after it went Kaboom!
mecne is offline   Reply With Quote