www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+)

VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+) Discussion area for the 2012+ Passat TDI (North American and rest of world versions versions). The North American model was previously codenamed NMS (New Midsize Sedan) and the version the rest of the world gets is sometimes referred to as B7.

Old September 21st, 2012, 19:12   #1
Jeremy_

Default New to Forum, 13 SEL

Just wanted to say hello, and thank you for the info on this forum. I lurked around here for a bit as guest before I bought the car.

I purchased a 2013 SEL Premium, Tungsten in color. So far I really like the car. I have a couple of issues, some of them could be me.

1. The remote start function, kicks my ass. I push the lock button and then push the start button twice like the book says. The lights on the car will flash twice corresponding with the two times I pushed the start button. It starts 2 out of 5 times. Not sure what I’m doing wrong here, all the parameters the books says must be met in order for it to work are good. So I'm at a loss. The range it not very good on the FOB either, maybe a 100ft. I've tried with both of them. Is this the norm?

2. The center passenger side trim panel that runs from under the dash and then along the center console, wont stay in or up depending on how you want to look at it. I do not see and clearly defined tabs that lock and hold it in place. So I’ll let the dealer fix that one.

3. The wrong fuel nozzle preventer, sucks. But having read the forum and the issues VW blames on the owners, assuming they put gas in the car...I think I will live with it for now.

Any way just wanted to say hello, I tend to read allot and not post much, but looking forward to sharing knowledge on this forum.
2005 6.0 Excursion EB 4x4 auto
2000 7.3 F-350 Lariat 4x4 12 speed

Last edited by Jeremy_; September 21st, 2012 at 19:14.
Jeremy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012, 23:35   #2
Tfinn

Fuel Economy: 40

I recently acquired a 12 SE in Tungsten...nice color. I had the same problem with the trim panels on both sides of console. Dealer replaced both sides. Alleged that he had not seen that before.
Tfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 06:57   #3
ChadS99SVT
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfinn View Post
I recently acquired a 12 SE in Tungsten...nice color. I had the same problem with the trim panels on both sides of console. Dealer replaced both sides. Alleged that he had not seen that before.
funny my 13' has the same issue just the drivers side that I have noticed. probably need to check passenger side.

I han't done anything about it though figured next time I'm at the dealer or when I get my first oil change.
ChadS99SVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 08:05   #4
Tfinn

Fuel Economy: 40

When I picked up my car at the dealer there was a 2 inch gap on both sides of the console. I thought that VW did quality control before the cars left the factory??? In my case, both trim parts had to be ordered. Took about a week. The new ones seem fine.
Tfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 05:41   #5
APT
Veteran Member

The remote start feature assumes the car is already locked. So, if it is unlocked, you need to lock it, then follow the sequence in the manual. So, Lock twice, Start twice. I have only used it twice in 6 months, but will probably more in the next 6 months. Range sucks, I agree there.
APT is offline   Reply With Quote