www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD)

VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) This is a general discussion about A4/MkIV Jetta (99.5-~2005), Golf(99.5-2006), and New Beetle(98-2006). Both VE and PD engines are covered here.

Old August 22nd, 2012, 09:54   #1
Mehrl38

Fuel Economy: 45-50
Default Need some help from my friends...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...uestion-for-me!
above is a link to a thread I posted in VWvortex. i know i know im sorry i betrayed you all but at the time i was finding that they were talking about the relative problem i was having. Electrical-Headlights-Euro Switch.
PLEASE follow the link and read what i posted there and let me know what you guys are thinking.
Thanks alot.
Mehrl38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2012, 09:55   #2
Mehrl38

Ill make it easier.
Post 1:
Hey guys,
Been awhile since I've been on here but I'm going to cut the BS now. I just bought new headlights for my 2003 BORA TDI. These headlights have a Audi LED light in them. And I also bought the euroswitch since my stock headlight switch was not a Euro. So I put the new euroswitch in and installed a headlight. I want the LEDs to come on when the fog lights are on. But the fog lights don't come on when I have the switch pulled out. so my question is. Being that my BORA did not have a euroswitch in it from factory does that mean I need a harness for the new switch for the fogs to work? Everything is plugged in correctly but I looked at both side of the connectors (switch and harness) and it seemed that there was some plugs missing....could this be because this Jetta did not have a euro from factory? Or should my fogs be coming on and I'm doing something wrong. Now I'm not stupid I know how to work a euro switch and I hooked these same headlights up in my buddies car 2 weeks ago. And I did everything the same but he had a euro switch from factory so could the harness be the question or is it a VAGcom thing that I've been reading about...
Please help me out here. I just want to get these damn things hooked up right and not have to worry about it anymore. Electrical makes me want to pull my hair or do this out as well as others lol
Thank You
Dylan
Old August 22nd, 2012, 09:55   #3
Mehrl38

Post2:
Already looking at the fog light wiring harness. Thought that could be one of the problems...Just wanted a second head in on it to go with mine. Another problem im running into is that when we put a volt meter up to the headlight connector coming from the car it reads 0 when it should read 12 - 12.1 showing power from the battery. My fear is that seeing this I dont think the Fog Light wiring harness will fix this problem however it will fix my euro switch problem. But being that the connector shows 0 and showing no power does this mean that I might need to get a new headlight wiring harness?!?!?!
Old August 22nd, 2012, 09:55   #4
Mehrl38

And i just purchased the fog light wiring harness so scratch out that reply lol
Old August 22nd, 2012, 11:23   #5
hskrdu
Veteran Member

Search. Has been discussed for the Mark IV Jetta & Golf under ecodes / fog lights / etc. in hundreds of threads. Here's some help:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=37585
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=93841
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=296901

G/L with your Jetta.