www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Ontario

Ontario Local discussions for those in the Ontario, Canada area.

Old November 22nd, 2012, 13:17   #46
RDA3440
Veteran Member

TDI(s): None

Adding some additional props out to Pedro @ Speedee Gonzalez auto glass Phone: (416)908-8526.

Pedro took care of a PERFECT glass install in my CF hatch on my Golf a few months ago. I recently picked up a beater MKIV Jetta and called Pedro today to swap out the windshield. Done in around 20 minutes, another perfect job, done on-site, and ahead of time, and UNDER BUDGET! (Sekurit glass)

Thanks Pedro and thanks again to Phil Douglas for making that beater look and drive like it is a BRAND NEW CAR for next to nothing $-wise! Two people I can count on and most importantly, TRUST. You guys rock.
Old November 26th, 2012, 07:42   #47
mecne
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 06 Jetta TDI

Top notch service this morning at Woodbridge Alignment

There are 8am and out at 9am ... Great price Great Service !!!!
Take cash and drop the TDIClub name .. "Just sayin"

Highly recommended ..

2k Golf TDI - Sold for parts after it went Kaboom!
mecne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:55   #48
brewmanchu

Fuel Economy: Way more than my wife's van!

I just tried Werner's Automotive in Cambridge http://www.wernersauto.com/ and I will be going back. They seem to be very honest which counts for a lot in my books.
brewmanchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 14:45   #49
ludikris
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Jetta mkiv

Three guys pop into my mind....

Atilla at vintest...416 638 9558 finch and steeles..
I have owed him money and he still took care of me..a great guy... does custom stuff without gouging you, has alot of knowledge and is always willing to share it with you... just a bit busy at times so, book in advance... busy with 4 lifts and 4 mechanics must tell you something...

Perjad at precision is always a great guy.. good prices, honest, and no BS... a bit far for me since he moved north..but great none the less...

If you need any cool custom air cooled work, Pete and I go to Lanner Engineering.. This guy has all the tools, for custom metal work, and specializes in air cooled volkswagens.. he rebuilt the suspension on my custom aircooled 29' ford.. 9053023087 - he is in mississauga... book way in advance.. he is a man in demand..
Old December 12th, 2012, 17:31   #50
Masonjar
Veteran Member

Thanks to David@Ottostadt! www.osmw.ca

Have had my 01 Golf and 05 Wagon in to him a couple of times. Minor work that most of you guys probably handle yourself, but David is polite, professional, and does not push for extra work to be done. A great example was him recommending I go back to my wagon's previous owner's garage to ask about warranty work on the brakes. Saved me lots of cash when David could simply have changed them out and charged me.

Always lays out the options before proceeding, tells me what to watch for, what can wait, and what needs doing now. Very much appreciated.

A bit of a drive for me, but totally worth it.

Andrew
Old January 17th, 2013, 16:28   #51
CmdrData
Veteran Member

Anyone has experience with a shop called Diesel Depot at 16th/Yonge in Richmond Hill before? www.dieseldepot.ca
Old January 30th, 2013, 18:24   #52
OPTIMA

TDI(s): ALH

Quote:
Originally Posted by john weeda View Post
Hello i live in London (Aylmer) Ont and would like to get a timeing belt changed on a TDI ALH 2001 jetta dose any one know a good spot that is cheep?
i can do it for 500$ steel water pump included. parts and labor
OPTIMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2013, 06:13   #53
CDN TDI
Veteran Member

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Rob Weston in Markham. He specializes in Volkswagen, Audi and Porsche and does good, honest work. He's been running his shop for 28 years.

Rob Weston
Autobahn Motors
180 Bullock Drive #6,
Markham, Ontario
905 472-5971

website
CDN TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2013, 13:28   #54
Johhny04
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN TDI View Post
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Rob Weston in Markham. He specializes in Volkswagen, Audi and Porsche and does good, honest work. He's been running his shop for 28 years.

Rob Weston
Autobahn Motors
180 Bullock Drive #6,
Markham, Ontario
905 472-5971

website
+1 for Rob. He is a great and honest guy. My father used to take the '86 Jetta TD to him all the time.
Johhny04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 06:54   #55
jlb

I'm brand new here. I'm looking for a mechanic in Mississauga. Any recommendations?
jlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 17:15   #56
VillageIdiott

Hey everyone.

Does anyone have any experience with any good mechanics in the Belleville/Kingston/Trenton area?

I would rather avoid dealerships if possible. I need my timing belt etc. replaced.

Thanks
VillageIdiott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 17:42   #57
ymz
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 5.3 l/100 km (at 115 km/h)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiott View Post
Does anyone have any experience with any good mechanics in the Belleville/Kingston/Trenton area?
Both Belleville VW and Competition Motors have very good reputations... If you're not into doing the job yourself, you won't do much better.

Yuri

Pereat mundus, fiat musica!
ymz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 07:39   #58
Zapkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlb View Post
I'm brand new here. I'm looking for a mechanic in Mississauga. Any recommendations?
If Oakville's not too far for you, Mantis Racing on Speers Road at Fourth Line is good. Ernie's been in business for a long time (25+ years).
Zapkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 12:24   #59
VillageIdiott

Thanks Yuri and Zapkat. I was in talking to the guys at Competition Motors today. They are certainly knowledgeable... gave me a price of 699+ tax for timing belt assembly replacement.

Is that good? Never had one replaced before.

Also, they use "micro" tuning... anyone ever heard of it. Out of Quebec somewhere I think he said. (ie. for CPU tuning)
VillageIdiott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 12:41   #60
Johhny04
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiott View Post
Thanks Yuri and Zapkat. I was in talking to the guys at Competition Motors today. They are certainly knowledgeable... gave me a price of 699+ tax for timing belt assembly replacement.

Is that good? Never had one replaced before.

Also, they use "micro" tuning... anyone ever heard of it. Out of Quebec somewhere I think he said. (ie. for CPU tuning)
I think that is a standard market price at the moment. Just double check what parts they are going to replace with that price. However, there are other shops or people that would do it for less with the same or better quality work. Shop around if you want.
Johhny04 is offline   Reply With Quote