www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Ontario

Ontario Local discussions for those in the Ontario, Canada area.

Old August 2nd, 2012, 16:33   #31
last vw

If you're in the Barrie or surrounding area, there is a TDI mechanic on Innisfil Beach Rd. just east of HWY 400. VDUBBS; Mike is the owner. Been taking our 2002 TDI Jetta there for about 2 years and we're more than satisfied with his service and prices. Was put onto him by someone on this website, but can't find the thread/forum. 705 431 8382
last vw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2012, 04:48   #32
Windex
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ʎɯouoɔƎ lǝnℲ

Like some, I do my own wrenching - except when the job calls for tools I don't have.

Last week was such an occurance - My cobbled-together exhaust finally bugged me enough to do something about it. I took it to Zorro Muffler on Centenial parkway in Hamilton, got a quote for Turbo back 2 1/4" @$800

Went a little close to work: Budget Exhaust on Harvester in Burlington, same Job, Stainless 304 turbo back - $500, all welded, no clamps. He did exactly what I wanted, and guaranteed the piping for 7 years.

Two thumbs up for Rob (owner) at Budget Exhaust in Burlington - great general repair / Muffler shop.

Now to do my Timing belt this weekend - Le sigh...

Proudly installing things where they're not supposed to go since 1996!
Windex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2012, 15:57   #33
Jonny Zero
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 5.6L/100KM

Perjad at Precision Tuning is an honest guy that does excellent work. I've taken my car there for bigger jobs throughout the years. His prices are indeed reasonable.

Stay away from "Kack's Garage" in Burlington. Even though he's a decent, knowledgeable guy and extremely cheap, he's far from thorough and cuts corners. He should calll himself "Hack." I recently had to take my car elsewhere to fix his big mistakes. It almost cost me my motor. He gave me a refund, but I still had to go out of my way to pay MORE to fix the damage/redo the initial work he did.

Last edited by Jonny Zero; August 16th, 2012 at 15:59.
Jonny Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 07:38   #34
RDA3440
Veteran Member

TDI(s): None

Just some feedback re: Speedee Gonzalez auto glass... I installed my CF hatch last night and had the assembly together around 7:45pm. By 8pm his crew was at my friend's shop pulling the glass out and prepping the work.

I have done CF hatches before, and usually glass alignment is tough. The guys got it right, first shot, and dead on as far as alignment goes. Believe me, I am seriously picky about these things.

20 minutes in and out, done perfectly.

I definitely recommend Speedee Gonzalez auto glass! Props to Phil Douglas for allowing use of his shop and air / cutting tools.

:-)

Last edited by RDA3440; September 8th, 2012 at 09:58.
RDA3440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 09:20   #35
jhs
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2015 Jetta
Default Precision Tuning

+1 for Precision Tuning.
Recent work - timing belt service. Excellently done.
Perjad is nice and honest.
Customers and their cars are in good hands there.
Pricing is reasonable.
If job calls for more time you can conveniently loan a "car" for $40 at the Enterprise located at the same plaza.
jhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2012, 08:23   #36
Jetta_Pilot
Veteran Member

Location: West Hill, Ont. in Mexico from 31st October 2016 to April 20th 2017

Why don't people put in the location with an address when they recommend someone.
An example Redlinedave = G-Tech scarb ???????????
RD3440 = Phil Douglas ????????????

I am searching for someone in the east end of Toronto.
Tried Googling G-tech, nothing found.

I need my brakes lines bled, have an unusual sound when on the highway and some exhaust noise advice. Exhaust noise could be related to the unusual sound.

Last edited by Jetta_Pilot; September 29th, 2012 at 08:30.
Jetta_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 21:01   #37
MateoCicoria
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Avg'd 46 Before Winter

This thread is awesome. I might have to go see Gerry in London if I can't figure out all the little quirks in the TDI I just bought.
MateoCicoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 23:04   #38
timk519
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 1999.5 TDI

Or you can give Foreign Automotive a call and take a shorter drive to Kitchener. I've been going there for about a year after using a dealer for many years, and I wish I'd changed mechanics sooner. His prices are reasonable, the service is quick - they even managed to fix a busted rad the same day!

http://www.foreignautomotive.ca
Old October 8th, 2012, 06:15   #39
ik0n
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timk519 View Post
Or you can give Foreign Automotive a call and take a shorter drive to Kitchener. I've been going there for about a year after using a dealer for many years, and I wish I'd changed mechanics sooner. His prices are reasonable, the service is quick - they even managed to fix a busted rad the same day!

I've been going here for abouth 3 years... if there's something I can't fix, or I need a part quick. They're the guys to call in the KW area.
Old October 8th, 2012, 07:39   #40
mrvermin
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timk519 View Post

Unfortunately, their web site is broken:

"Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /home/foreigna/public_html/index.php on line 23

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in /home/foreigna/public_html/index.php on line 23"

oh well....

MrVermin

mrvermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 07:56   #41
Jetta_Pilot
Veteran Member

Location: West Hill, Ont. in Mexico from 31st October 2016 to April 20th 2017

http://www.foreignautomotive.ca/store/
Old October 31st, 2012, 14:01   #42
DumpInfo
Veteran Member

Thumbs down Abraham's Garage (VW Mechanic) - Shop Review

Abraham's Garage
156 Bullock Dr Unit 52
Markham, ON
By McCowan & Hwy 7

Got an oil change done and serpentine belt replaced on my other golf. Work itself was alright one small incident which won't occur again. They ran out of windshield sticky tags (for next oil visit) so the fella decided to write on a personal document (without my consent) I had in my car only to realize it on my way home. Very disappointed as the document was for work and extremely unprofessional on there end. Called Abraham (owner) the following day and complained about it and mention he would speak to co-worker.

End result, work was completed = satisfactory
Shop is extremely disorganized and as a result on small incident out of owner's control I will not be returning...
Old November 15th, 2012, 13:31   #43
CalibreTDI
Veteran Member

DCB Automotive
Finch and 400, Toronto

I have 2 cars, 2006 Jetta and my wife drives 2012 Passat.
Been going to Brandon for quite a few years now, timing belt, clutch (dmf), turbo, some break work etc. When time allows I do the small stuff myself.
Work always performed on time, loaner car every time for these major jobs, recommends the best solution and discusses it before proceeding with work, way cheaper then the dealer, seems to care, stands behind his work, just an ordinary, knowledgeable guy fixing cars - good.
My wife will probably have a hard time making there with her passat due to distance and schedule but I don't mind driving there the distance of the 407 every time I need stuff done. Time and money well spent.
Old November 17th, 2012, 07:46   #44
DumpInfo
Veteran Member

Thumbs up

DCB Auto (Brandon)
Oakdale

Called Brandon about a week ago regarding an issue I had with my red mk4 golf about rolling back on hills mentioned to bring it in after work and when I arrived he inspected my car on the hoist. As a result my transmission fluid was low and topped it off. No longer occurred again :thumbsup: Also mentioned both of my tie rods were shot so decided to bring it in the following week Thursday. Dropped it off and provided me with a loaner. Returned yesterday as work was completed along with alignment. Thanks for bringing it up to speed!
Old November 21st, 2012, 20:07   #45
geoman
Veteran Member

+1 for brandon @ DCB.

if you are going to wait for your repair, check out capri bakery(3min walk)down the road on oakdale toward sheppard. great lunch hot pasta and amazing sicilian cannoli for dessert.
geoman is offline   Reply With Quote