www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Ontario

Ontario Local discussions for those in the Ontario, Canada area.

Old May 10th, 2012, 17:59   #16
TDIFred
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 64, 60, 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
Subscribe.

My 2012 Golf Wagon is only a few weeks old and plan to do service within the warranty period at the dealer. After that I might be interested in looking for a TDI guru close to London. Any recommendations on that?
Try Gerry aka Diesel Dazzler in Dorchester, VW Master Mechanic, TDI owner and trusted timing belt go-to guy. And a nice fellow to boot.
1994 Ducati 900 Supersport Red
2014 Ducati 899 Panigale Red
TDIFred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 08:22   #17
Cogen Man
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Better than the Toyota FJCruiser

I know many on here don't like the VW dealerships for service. But if you find yourself in Kingston and in need of work on your TDI, the VW Kingston dealership has two good diesel Tech's named Garry Fralick and Nick Pappas..

Last edited by Cogen Man; May 11th, 2012 at 08:26.
Cogen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 09:01   #18
ymz
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 5.3 l/100 km (at 115 km/h)

I don't know about the quality of their mechanical work, but I wasn't impressed with Kingston VW's parts department... they don't keep much in stock... I've had much better luck at Universal Garage on Binnington Court... (Still, when I need or want to farm out some TDI work, I bring the car to Brandon in Toronto...)

Yuri

Pereat mundus, fiat musica!
ymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 21:01   #19
Diesel Maniak

TDI(s): 74 Bug

any TDI techs/gurus who can do tbelt ? Sudbury or Northern Ontario that is recommended, let me know
Old May 12th, 2012, 23:00   #20
Cogen Man
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Better than the Toyota FJCruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymz View Post
I don't know about the quality of their mechanical work, but I wasn't impressed with Kingston VW's parts department... they don't keep much in stock... I've had much better luck at Universal Garage on Binnington Court... (Still, when I need or want to farm out some TDI work, I bring the car to Brandon in Toronto...)

Yuri
So far haven't had much to do with their parts department. Other than buying a couple liters of 507 spec oil. There service department isn't all that great either. I can overlook that as long as they have knowledgable diesel techs. I'll have to check out Univeral Garage on Binnington Court.
Old May 12th, 2012, 23:22   #21
Dieselducky
Veteran Member

The Bug Shop in Hamilton has been doing work for me for the last 6-7 years always superb work and great prices (I Mind you i really don't care much about cost as long as i'm getting quality work i hate doing things twice) The whole time going there (6-7 years) they only had to redo a job once...they changed the oil cooler seals and they started to leak again 2 months later...without hesitation they changed the seals as soon as they spotted the leak while they were doing other work on my car....that to me is awesome service...I'm 100% gonna be a lifetime customer.
Dieselducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 16:08   #22
mrrhtuner
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIFred View Post
Try Gerry aka Diesel Dazzler in Dorchester, VW Master Mechanic, TDI owner and trusted timing belt go-to guy. And a nice fellow to boot.

I am going to try his services soon then!

Does he still work at VW?
mrrhtuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 17:25   #23
ymz
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrhtuner View Post
Does he still work at VW?
He had been working for Woodstock VW (I believe he was the head mechanic), but they went out of business... Last I heard he was working at an independent garage in London... try contacting him via his info here... http://forums.tdiclub.com/member.php?u=5258

Yuri

Old June 10th, 2012, 22:33   #24
Liav

I had a great experience at Brandons shop (DCB). He's always honest and professional. If something doesn't need to be fixed he will tell you. My car handles well and is now ready for another 200,000 km. Thanks again Brandon.
Liav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 08:33   #25
maxmoo
Veteran Member

I'd highly recomend Perjad at "Precision tuning" (8600 Keele st. unit 46, Concord, north T.O.) especially for the do it yourselfer......reasonably priced, quality parts and great advice for free when your stuck.

Had one very disapointing experience at schnell's near peterborough...enough said.
maxmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2012, 09:04   #26
john weeda

Fuel Economy: 32 mpg 7L/100km

Hello i live in London (Aylmer) Ont and would like to get a timeing belt changed on a TDI ALH 2001 jetta dose any one know a good spot that is cheep?
john weeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2012, 11:59   #27
ymz
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john weeda View Post
Hello i live in London (Aylmer) Ont and would like to get a timeing belt changed on a TDI ALH 2001 jetta dose any one know a good spot that is cheep?
Cheep places are for the birds...

Gerry (User "Diesel Dazzler") works at Autobahn Motors, 268 Wharncliffe Rd N (London) 519-433-6001... Great TDI mechanic... don't know if the shop where he works is "cheap", though...

Yuri

Old June 29th, 2012, 14:48   #28
PoloPolo

Thumbs up Autobahn motors - london

I get my tdi's serviced at Autobahn motors in London, it's worth the drive from Stratford. Great service, very personable and thorough. I'd recommend them for a timing belt change. I've found their prices to be reasonable.
I found them while looking for Gerry. He Saved me from buying a new turbo by pointing out the previous mechanic had installed the n75 incorrectly.
We recently purchased a used tdi that my wife spotted on their lot, excellent expeiriance. Chris (owner) treated us very fairly and was very respectfull of my wife's questions. (drives me nuts when mechanics / shop owners treat people like morons.)
PoloPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2012, 23:38   #29
xengr

TDI(s): Golf Mk6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoloPolo View Post
I get my tdi's serviced at Autobahn motors in London, it's worth the drive from Stratford. Great service, very personable and thorough. I'd recommend them for a timing belt change. I've found their prices to be reasonable.
I found them while looking for Gerry. He Saved me from buying a new turbo by pointing out the previous mechanic had installed the n75 incorrectly.
We recently purchased a used tdi that my wife spotted on their lot, excellent expeiriance. Chris (owner) treated us very fairly and was very respectfull of my wife's questions. (drives me nuts when mechanics / shop owners treat people like morons.)
Do you know if Gerry still works there? I was hoping to find someone to install the dieselgeek skidplate under my car, and he sounds like someone who would take the time to do it right.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 12:57   #30
mrrhtuner
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john weeda View Post

Whatever you do, do NOT go to 'Top Gear Imports'. They have charged us for parts and labor we didnt NOT request to have done...and not just during one ocasion.

Always cash jobs/parts also, so its hard to link it back to them if you were to have issues.
mrrhtuner is offline   Reply With Quote