www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Ontario

Ontario Local discussions for those in the Ontario, Canada area.

Old October 30th, 2008, 19:48   #1
Wingnut
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 4.5L/100km
Smile Official Ontario CARS FOR SALE thread

There have been quite a few FS threads recently for people selling cars. While there is a specific section of the forum for selling cars, an item as large as a car really should be in a regional FS add.

So I have created this thread for users to post their cars for sale. I ask that you post all the relevant info and pictures in your post here and all correspondance can be conducted through PM's.

Or, simply post in the correct section and link your add in this thread for local viewers to peruse. This thread will be a sticky for better exposure and I will keep an eye on this thread and clean up any unecessary posts and delete any cars that are sold at the request of the seller.

Any further suggestions on how to handle this thread are welcome, but please do so via PM to keep this thread as clean as possible.

Thanks and good luck with your sales.

Old Ride (2000 Black Sedan): Gone

New Ride: (2003 Silver Wagon): Malone Tuned, T4 injectors, 11mm pump, 2.5" Magnaflow cat back, PD150 intake, OMI, Wingnut SS, ERF 6 speed, Bilstein TC Sport susp. w/GTI springs, Neuspeed RSB, Santa Monica's, Autometer Cobalt Boost & EGT, MFA Sport cluster, GLI Leather seats, SS vacuum lines, AVIC Z3 Nav and I still get 4.5L/100km (I got 3.9L/100k on a tank once)
Some handy 'How to's'

Last edited by Wingnut; March 22nd, 2010 at 14:39.
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2014, 10:18   #2
Wingnut
Veteran Member

Thread clean up of OLD, SOLD and irrelevant posts. If yours was one that I deleted and is still for sale, please feel free to re-post, but anything older than a couple months or has a dead link has been removed.
Thanks.

Old Ride (2000 Black Sedan): Gone

New Ride: (2003 Silver Wagon): Malone Tuned, T4 injectors, 11mm pump, 2.5" Magnaflow cat back, PD150 intake, OMI, Wingnut SS, ERF 6 speed, Bilstein TC Sport susp. w/GTI springs, Neuspeed RSB, Santa Monica's, Autometer Cobalt Boost & EGT, MFA Sport cluster, GLI Leather seats, SS vacuum lines, AVIC Z3 Nav and I still get 4.5L/100km (I got 3.9L/100k on a tank once)
Some handy 'How to's'

Last edited by Wingnut; May 22nd, 2017 at 16:44. Reason: Thread clean up
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2017, 15:41   #3
ss04vv
Veteran Member

NOTE: Can't seem to get the pictures to post so text me at 905 379 8089 if interested.

Testing the waters on the tdiclub before I post on kijiji. I bought a dark blue 2003 wagon last week that needs minor work to have as a daily driver while I modded my current DD over the summer (clutch, timing belt, suspension, turbo, etc). With a change in my work schedule and location it looks like I won't have time do either, so I'm looking to sell the wagon. Some info and pics below. Car is registered in my name but not plated. Test drives can be done up and down my street at your own risk. Asking $2000 firm. Going on kijiji for $2800 early next week.

The good
- 400km, well maintained, lots of service records, last owner owned the car for 13 years and took good care of it
- almost brand new Bridgestone turanzas on factory rims
- 5 spd, alh
- black leather interior
- sunroof
- timing belt, etc good for another 100k I believe (will confirm exact number)
- intake manifold always cleaned when timing belt done
- AC works
- runs and drives really solid
- hatch replaced under VW warranty so it's mint
- non smoker/no pets vehicle
- comes with both FOBS and valet key

Known issues:
- front fenders were redone before previous owner knew about VW rust warranty so they're not perfect. refer to pictures. Driver fender was redone with CTC paint so it doesn't match the rest of the car.
- drivers seat had the typical 'VW heated seats are a death trap" issue and the element burned up the seat a bit
- minor exhaust leak at flex pipe/cat area (only hear it above 2500 rpms)
- center console lid hinge is broken
- radio antenna base needs to be replaced (typical)
- Needs some work on the rear brakes/ebrake - probably rear rotors and an adjustment on the cables
- heated seats don't work due to aforementioned issue - fuse has been pulled. Replace the driver seat and replace the fuse and seats should be fine.
-crack in winshield on passenger side
- ABS light on
ss04vv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2017, 00:00   #4
Quanger
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Mk4 ALH TDi

2001 golf 2dr (wvw) GL 5spd 485xxxkm silver
2017 - alternator, alt pulley, serp belt, tensioner, dampener, Tstat and housing
2016 - tbelt and lifters at 484k at automark, rear brakes, ebrake cables, new A.C. clutch coil, new cooling fans and fcm
2015 - TT bushing, A arm bushing, balljoints, o2j EUH, smf 22lb, vr6 clutch, front brakes, rear wheel bearing
2014 - vnt17, retuned malone stg4, buzzken downpipe, newsouth boost gauge, new doors and new hatch by vw, rockers treated with por15, new starter, new battery vw
2013 - remain. powersteering rack with new ends, new antenna base and mast, rear wheel bearing, bosch glowplugs and harness
2012 - sprint 520, 3bar, stg 3 custom Malone, intake cleaning
2011 - brakes front and rear, rear calipers
2010 - front springs, 10mm spacers, front struts bilstein tc with new mounts and bearings, rear shocks bilstein hd, airlift bags (no leaks), front wheel bearing, hitch and wiring, new tranny tower links/bushing
2009 - tbelt by Adam, steel belly pan,
Car is in really good condition with nearly no rust thank to por15 and annual known treatment. Clean title. No cel of any kind. Interior is very clean for its age. AC works well. Never tracked, never dynod, more than the occasional Italian tuneup. No limps. I'm pretty meticulous overall especially with oci (15k) and tranny fluid (100k).
Will come with 3jugs of 5w40, some coolant, 3 oil filters, AF, cabin filter, 2 fuel filters, new rad, new egr. 4 new
Altimax winters, 4 steelies, sumitomo summers on 15" Monterey 60-70%. Roof rack with all end caps and locks. VW winter front.
The bad:
Passenger strut bearing may be worn
Cruise never worked
Both door modules can't detect the door being ajar (annoying)
Two small chips on windshield that's been repaired
Glove box lid broke, fixed but rattles like crazy so removed
Passenger side mirror wobbly on hwy, need some shoeglue
Slow oil leak by oil cooler
slow oil leak at vacuum housing
slow oil leak by egr
missing rear center passenger head rest
These oil leaks are so slow that they don't drip on the driveway hence never been repaired. The steel pan is a tad oily.
Car burns (or leaks) 1/2 qt every 5k-7k.
I am the second owner since 2008. I can't be any more transparent than I am.

https://flic.kr/p/AtoW2Q
https://flic.kr/p/Aamp2p
https://flic.kr/p/AL1qan
https://flic.kr/p/DiSzvb
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/quan...oto11.jpg.html
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...i/DSC00002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...pstrtszj1k.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ps3mwysf0a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...pswaagqs7h.jpg

$3000

Last edited by Quanger; May 24th, 2017 at 13:22.
Quanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:36   #5
tbeiler
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: peak economy 58-62 mpg (imperial)

For sale, for $500, a 2000 (not 99.5) black 5 spd manual Jetta 4 dr sedan TDI. Has monster mats, rear trunk liner, new rad 2 years ago, new steering rack 2 years ago, used alternator, 4 alloy rims with Conti tires, tread good for another year. I also replaced hood and trunk lid and drivers rear door with good non rusty wrecker parts. Right fender and right door in excellent shape as well as passenger rear door. Drivers door and drivers fender are rusty. Some rust in rockers behind front wheels, but not through. Replaced trunk opening mechanism so remote works, replaced drivers rear door with non rusty door from wrecker. AC doesnt work, fans spin freely though, they are not seized. The car is tired, has 486000 kms, windshield has a good crack, muffler needs a bit of weld at converter. Smokes a bit at startup, but otherwise runs good. New AGM battery 1/2 year ago. Timing belt done at 400000 by windex, new tranny fluid too. CEL has two faults, low boost and glow plug. Adam mentioned to work the vanes at turbo or do the easy off method to clean out the turbo. Car is still my daily driver, but could use some attention.
Still a good car with a bit of effort car would be good for someones kids. Yes you can drive it away. Sorry, no pics,
I'm in KW near uptown Waterloo, send a PM, I can email some pics.
tbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote