www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > South Central Regional States

South Central Regional States Local discussions for those on the South Central US. (Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas)

Old November 15th, 2009, 21:13   #16
TXRanger83
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetta ,97
You misunderstood me at VAG-COM .I can do it any year scan with VAG-COM. Only key programing I am limited till 2007.
Let me know when you get fog light kit and I will look what can I do.
I am glad you are happy with windows. Did it price was as I told you?
Oh sorry I missed your call, yeah I'm not sure when I will get it I was thinking end of the month but it seems like i might need a few more things then once thought. Plus with having a 2010 not much seems to be known about them so we will see, but I will let you know. Yeah they did offer the price on the tint, but I ended up getting a different material and they didnt have as much wiggle room on that price, but I'm still very happy they seemed to do a great job and have a lifetime warranty. I posted some pics in the picture section of what they did, but yeah I decided to get this German companies they does a far superior job of heat blockage
TXRanger83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2009, 22:50   #17
jetta ,97

Fuel Economy: Very good

I saw pictures and look very cool.
No problem just let me know when you get it, and we will look what we can do. We will find the way to get it working.
And give me call about head Bi-Hexon lights before you buy them
ECU TUNING-TDTUNING Authorized Dealer
MK6 Needle Sweep,MK5 with MK6 Cluster

Last edited by jetta ,97; November 15th, 2009 at 22:53.
jetta ,97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 13:32   #18
TXRanger83
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetta ,97
I saw pictures and look very cool.
No problem just let me know when you get it, and we will look what we can do. We will find the way to get it working.
And give me call about head Bi-Hexon lights before you buy them
will do the bi-xenons are a while down the road but yeah I do want them done... I will et you know about the fogs though
Old November 21st, 2009, 20:27   #19
JamesC

Fuel Economy: 55/50/48
Default Very good mechanic

This man is definitely worth using, especially if you want to learn how to work on your own vehicle. He is reasonably priced and is patient in explaining what he is doing and why. He also knows some shortcuts that are not in the maintenance manuals that reduce the time it takes to get the job done without compromising anything. He also makes recommendations he knows needs to be taken care of, to avoid costly problems later. I definitely recommend him.
JamesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2009, 11:39   #20
jetta ,97

Thank you James so much and if you need anything give me a buzz.
By the way I did timing belt on James Jetta.

Last edited by jetta ,97; November 24th, 2009 at 17:43.
Old November 30th, 2009, 14:46   #21
ltctpu

Default Timing belt change

Had great luck using Marin to do my TB on my Golf over the Thanksiving weekend. I've been looking for a trusted mechanic and found Marin (Jetta 97) here on TDI Club and thought I'd give him a try. Made arrangements to drop the car off for him to to do the TB and I was to provide the parts as I had already puchased a TB kit. The night before I put the parts in the car to ensure that I didn't forget to bring them along. Well some dirt bag stole the TB kit out of the car and there I was stuck as we already had this set-up. Anyway Marin took the car and was able to get all the parts and still get the car done at the agreed time. He also made some sound recommendations on some other needed work and how I could do that myself.

Thanks Marin

Last edited by ltctpu; February 27th, 2012 at 08:32.
ltctpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 16:08   #22
jetta ,97

Thank you very much Thomas(ltctpu).Anything you need let me know.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 16:52   #23
ybclear

TDI(s): 2001 Beetle
Default Jetta 97 is a great resource!

My '01 Beetle had fuel pump seal leaks (at 130k miles) and I decided not to attempt without a VAG-COM after talking with Marin (Jetta 97). He did a great job at a fair price and also did my fuel and pollen filters. It's great to finally have a trusted tdi mechanic who will help you with information to do your work. I highly recommend him as good resource for information and a trusted guy to let do work on your tdi!
ybclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 11:15   #24
JET03JettaGLS

Thumbs up Marin knows his stuff!!

I am temp working in FTW and tried Marin based on posts...I had him work on my "03 Jetta to replace my timing belt, serpentine belt, water pump, thermostat, crank and cam seals, and transmission fluid on New years day! It took a little over 5 hours for all and he was very helpful in explaining to me what and why he did things for when I try to do this by myself at my next 100K service. He also pointed out to me an issue with my serp belt tensioner and alternator clutch gear freezing up. Which we replaced as well! He is very thorough. He stands behind his work and replaced the bad replacement thermostat under warranty a week later when he heard there was issues with a batch he had bought.. He called me and told me he wanted to replace it! He is reasonable on his prices and I highly recommend him. Thanks again Marin!

Last edited by JET03JettaGLS; January 26th, 2010 at 11:22.
JET03JettaGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 20:56   #25
TXRanger83
Veteran Member

Hey Marin, Im not sure if I'm gonna do this yet but do what do you think you would charge to install this... http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Skid_Plate/ES1892332/

...and is this a part you yourself could order if I do decide I want to do this?
Old February 13th, 2010, 21:53   #26
jetta ,97

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRanger83
Hey Marin, Im not sure if I'm gonna do this yet but do what do you think you would charge to install this... http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Skid_Plate/ES1892332/

...and is this a part you yourself could order if I do decide I want to do this?
I sent you PM(private message)
Old February 17th, 2010, 22:28   #27
jetta ,97

I can do LED EURO TAIL LIGHTS. I just did it on one GLI. They also fit 05.5 & 06 MK 5 TDI. 2009 need to be check before do anything.2010 model is under search.Programing is not available yet.They come with amber turn signal and also tail lights will be red ,but when you click you turn signal it will be amber. Also it is possible to get rear fog light. For rear fog light it will need euro headlight switch.
Note:
This is not plug and play lights. It will need rewiring connector and reprogramming module in address 09.
They available on ecstuning:
http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/ES54...ES7599/ES5423/
Also euro headlight switch with rear fog lights :
http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-...Switch/ES9974/

If I do job it will not need buy harness, it does not need one. Only need LED tail light.

E-mail me or PM me if anyone interested.

Last edited by jetta ,97; November 7th, 2014 at 23:26.
Old February 19th, 2010, 06:04   #28
droppedjet
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 45/50

can you help me get rid of check engine light on my car??
Due to racepipe??
Old February 19th, 2010, 17:54   #29
jetta ,97

I can scan it and see what is going on.If is your car 2002 as your profile says i don't thing your race pipe will cause CEL. You don't have O2 sensors.I live in Plano,TX . If you want you can swim by And I will scan it and see what codes you have.
Did you have race pipe with out EGR connection? Is this code you getting?

Last edited by jetta ,97; February 20th, 2010 at 14:42.
Old February 21st, 2010, 16:20   #30
TDIinTexas

Thanks again Marin for helping me out with the needles, it looks great! It sure is alot easier to read these gauges with the needles lit..

TDIinTexas is offline   Reply With Quote