www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2008

TDIFest 2008 Discussion about TDIFest 2008 that was held in Mason, OH on the Labour Day weekend (August 29th - August 31st, 2008) .

Old September 16th, 2008, 21:23   #1
bikeprof
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 47 @ 65 & getting better...
Default Number attending at 2008 FEST?

Could someone tell me the number of attending persons for the 2008 FEST,
and hopefully the number at other FESTS...?

I would like to have it the number to help me(our group) organize and manage the 2009 FEST(if it happens) here in the ROCKIES.

John
bikeprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008, 20:58   #2
paramedick
TDIClub Enthusiast
Vendor

IIRC, 134 registered members. Plus their guests.
NOTE: I'm a little bit broken for awhile longer. Can still help with some things.....
paramedick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008, 21:12   #3
jasonTDI

Fuel Economy: 13.7 c, 12-15 towing hwy. 17-19

Honestly, that's pretty pathetic considering the size of the club and as gung-ho as some of the members are. The BMW bike club has the same number of active members and close to 5000!!!!! turned out for the rally this year and it was in BFE Gillette, WY! The year before was here in WI and there was 6000!!!!!
Old September 18th, 2008, 05:17   #4
goTDIcandy
Veteran Member

It's a tough year financially; the money for fuel, flights, hotel, entertainment might have been spent on food, mortgage, fuel, insurance, etc!
goTDIcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2008, 07:06   #5
jasonTDI

Fuel Economy: 13.7 c, 12-15 towing hwy. 17-19

You know, I don't buy it. Some people sure, some areas more than other you bet. But as a whole most people are just fine despite what the media would have you believe. It's not all doom and gloom. Maybe if more people took responsibility for their actions and spending they wouldn't be having issues. The mortgage thing? Well.....if you were dumb enough to get yourself in that bind.....NOBODY to blame but yourself.

That said, it was pretty expensive to stay there for the weekend but being so close to the east, 10 hours drive which is LESS than a tank of fuel to come for one day isn't that big of a stretch.
Old September 19th, 2008, 08:21   #6
VW Derf
Administrator

Fuel Economy: 5.9L / 100km

The largest we ever had was in Philly with 204 registrations IIRC.
VW Derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2008, 20:10   #7
coolbreeze
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 31/38/51
Default t shirts

just wondering if anyone had held onto my t shirts from signing up early. son and i could not make it but i was hoping i could send some money to get them mailed to us.

thanks
bruce
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2008, 08:19   #8
CoJoNEs
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 47

we went through most of the Tshirts but I have a few leftovers. I need to check what sizes I have left, I think there is one Med and a few 2XL. I will check tonight and get back with you (and anyone else interested in TDIFest OH8 Tshirts let me know)
Old October 1st, 2008, 11:32   #9
coolbreeze
Veteran Member

Default paid for 2

i had paid for two with my early registration, if becuase we could not make it up to the fest we lost them i understand. i was just hoping you had held them for us and could mail them to us, with a payment for shipping.
Old October 1st, 2008, 11:36   #10
CoJoNEs
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 47

If they were paid for I thought we contacted everyone and arranged for shipping. I wasn't the one who followed up on the pre-orders that didn't show but I will find out. If you send me a PM with your payment details I will find out what happened to yours.
Old October 1st, 2008, 12:09   #11
RichC
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 50 / 43 / 39
Default Missed you at the TDIFest OH8

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze
i had paid for two with my early registration, if becuase we could not make it up to the fest we lost them i understand. i was just hoping you had held them for us and could mail them to us, with a payment for shipping.
I did my best to contact and send shirts and badges to everyone that didn't attend, but were paid up. I recall your name, but might have missed your reply? Nevertheless, your package is sitting on my workshop table with the two shirts (well worn -- kidding) and some goodies that were in the welcome bag. Send me your mailing info off-forum and I'll drop it in the mail Friday (10/3/2008).

richc [[[at]]] cincitdi.com
Old October 6th, 2008, 16:27   #12
coolbreeze
Veteran Member

Default got them

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC
I did my best to contact and send shirts and badges to everyone that didn't attend, but were paid up. I recall your name, but might have missed your reply? Nevertheless, your package is sitting on my workshop table with the two shirts (well worn -- kidding) and some goodies that were in the welcome bag. Send me your mailing info off-forum and I'll drop it in the mail Friday (10/3/2008).

richc [[[at]]] cincitdi.com
rich, thanks for saving our t shirts and sending them out. they look great. i will wear mine with pride.

bruce
Old October 7th, 2008, 13:00   #13
RichC
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 50 / 43 / 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze
rich, thanks for saving our t shirts and sending them out. they look great. i will wear mine with pride.

bruce
You're welcome Bruce.

BTW ... I'm also sitting on the last three that I'd like to be able to ship to and clear my workbench (do you know these guys directly?):
  1. legallyhip
  2. mishkaya
  3. oxkpaha
Old October 8th, 2008, 05:30   #14
coolbreeze
Veteran Member

Default i don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC
You're welcome Bruce.

BTW ... I'm also sitting on the last three that I'd like to be able to ship to and clear my workbench (do you know these guys directly?):
  1. legallyhip
  2. mishkaya
  3. oxkpaha
i do not, but they could be pm'd to let them know.