www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Ontario

Ontario Local discussions for those in the Ontario, Canada area.

Old May 6th, 2008, 20:45   #31
Uncas

Talking HOWTO Organize Google Map by Changing Placemark Colors and Icons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto_Vento
Anyone know if there is a way to organize the content, and change the colours of the markers? Would be nice if there could be one colour for gas stations, one for dealerships, one for shops, one for mechanics, etc.
I just figured out how to change colors and icons for placemarks. Once you're in "edit" mode, first click on the placemark. Once the placemark window expands to show more informaiton on the placemark, you can double click on the placemark icon in top right corner of the window. You should get a menu with lots of different colors and icons. I chose gas station icon for gas station, duh; red pin for dealerships; green pine tree for bio diesel stations; a wrench for mechanic shops.

Also, the "line" tool could be used to sketch in nice roads we could go for a ride on. For example, I included Appleby line in Mississauga as a nice road I recently took.

It looks like we could have fun with this map.
Uncas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 05:40   #32
Toronto_Vento
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 50/48/44

Good call, Uncas! That looks a lot better than all those blue pins everywhere. One question: why did someone label a Husky station as a bus? HA HA HA.

Not sure if we want to be adding roads that we like to this, as it might start getting busy. But for now it looks okay.
Toronto_Vento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 07:08   #33
Silver02TDI
Veteran Member

I agree with Mr Snuffleupagus... I was thinking the same thing about adding lines making it "busy"
Silver02TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 07:33   #34
Uncas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto_Vento
Good call, Uncas! That looks a lot better than all those blue pins everywhere. One question: why did someone label a Husky station as a bus? HA HA HA.

Not sure if we want to be adding roads that we like to this, as it might start getting busy. But for now it looks okay.
That was me with the bus; they didn't have an icon for a truck so I had to improvise . I agree that routes mgith make the map busy...I didn't think of that before.
Old May 7th, 2008, 11:45   #35
Uncas

Angry UPDATE: Map closed due to vandalism, can edit only by invite!!

Hello, I've notice that some people are putting garbage placemarks into the map, as well as I've noticed that someone (Frank) has moved whole bunch of placemarks around.

I will remove "open to all" option on the map and then just give access to people who want to edit the map. You would have to give me your email address and I will add you to map's collaborators list.

Its a shame that I have to do this but, I dodn't see we have a choice. Obvously, there will always be imature people who will mess with the map if I keep it open as it it currently.
Old May 7th, 2008, 12:05   #36
blizzak
Veteran Member

that really sucks, map is in disarray! Uncas, PM sent.

2004 Grey TDI Sport Edition | 270,000 km | Grey | 6 speed ERF transmission with upgraded shifter fork & LSD | R32 18 Aristos | PP Downpipe, 2.5 SS exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, rest of mods in profile
Whitedog's no start thread - very useful!
blizzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 12:05   #37
Silver02TDI
Veteran Member

I notice there is a Sunoco in the middle of Lake Ontario....

Come on guys, messing around with this is really ridiculous. Wouldn't surprise me if it's people from outside the region...

Can I ask that anyone that adds a placemark, include the address and contact number of the place? That way if a placemark gets accidentally moved, it can be moved back?
Silver02TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 12:34   #38
casey_tdi97
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Jetta,97,red

It was handy until some doofus decided to bugger it up. Who is this Frank character anyway? Jeez some people have nothing better to do.

Casey.
Old May 7th, 2008, 15:16   #39
blizzak
Veteran Member

Fixed a ton of stuff, couldn't fix a lot of the moved gas stations since there weren't addresses on them. Can anyone tell me what the address was for this one?:
--
VW mechanic

Julius - 416-802-5827
Never had any major work done by him, but he was recommended by some members from Brampton.
--

I think all the rest are correct. If anyone wants to add anything or sees errors, PM me and I will fix it.

2004 Grey TDI Sport Edition | 270,000 km | Grey | 6 speed ERF transmission with upgraded shifter fork & LSD | R32 18 Aristos | PP Downpipe, 2.5 SS exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, rest of mods in profile
Old May 7th, 2008, 16:40   #40
Uncas

Thumbs up Thanks Blizzak!

Map looks great, I just saw it. Almost everything is back to where it was before. I'll add a few Mississauga locations that are missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzak
Fixed a ton of stuff, couldn't fix a lot of the moved gas stations since there weren't addresses on them. Can anyone tell me what the address was for this one?:
--
VW mechanic

Julius - 416-802-5827
Never had any major work done by him, but he was recommended by some members from Brampton.
--

I think all the rest are correct. If anyone wants to add anything or sees errors, PM me and I will fix it.
Old May 7th, 2008, 19:51   #41
Bradtholomew
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 4.9 L/100km

Julius is at 10 Abacus Rd, just off Queen Street. He's right around the corner from where I work, pretty handy for quick repairs during the day.
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT - 125,000kms. 3800 Series III supercharged
Bradtholomew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 20:36   #42
blizzak
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradtholomew
Julius is at 10 Abacus Rd, just off Queen Street. He's right around the corner from where I work, pretty handy for quick repairs during the day.
Added! Gonna add H2Sport soon too...seems they are kinda inactive on the forums yet have an account. I am getting a VAG-COM and bentley manual from them soon though.

Old May 7th, 2008, 21:58   #43
VDubbing
Veteran Member

check roseland technical for prices. he was cheaper for my bentley than anyone else.

2003 Jetta TDI Galactic Blue
235,000 K PP764 injectors, RC stage 3 VR6 clutch kit. Aluminum skid plate, GTI fogs .658 gear
VDubbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2008, 04:51   #44
Toronto_Vento
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 50/48/44

Would have liked to have seen the map in disarray. Just for kicks. Good work in getting things back to the way they used to be, though. It's unfortunate how some people decide to be immature and move things around. To what avail?
Toronto_Vento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2008, 23:24   #45
blizzak
Veteran Member

Bump, Added H2Sport in Georgetown.

Once again, anyone with stuff to add, PM me.