www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Mid-west USA

Mid-west USA Local discussions for those on the Mid-West US. ( Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri)

Old March 10th, 2008, 01:21   #46
MrErlo
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: lifetime 45.52, best 61.18

i met with Robert Byrnes from the Nebraska Renewable Energy Association today, he was very friendly and very helpful. as we work towards an "Omaha Biodiesel Co-op" in the coming months, i think he will be an excellent resource for both technical information, as well as legal mumbo-jumbo navigation.

i recommend everyone join the NeREA, their newsletters will help everyone stay up to date regarding renewable energy news specifically in Nebraska. i will be inviting Robert down to join us for the upcoming GTG (date still remains to be set in stone...) hopefully he will be able to share his experiences with homebreawing.
MrErlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 14:14   #47
Mrrogers1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Never high enough but always trying for more.... (See signature)

Well I thought I better check in here too. I'm a new owner but a longtime lurker.

Looking forward to the next meet. I'll have my buddy from Lincoln come too. He took 4th at USAC Nationals in SoundQ with his 06 TDI this year.

See ya guys!
Mrrogers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 14:44   #48
vwcampin
Veteran Member

Welcome to TDI ownership! Glad to have a new member in town.
Old March 17th, 2008, 06:03   #49
Daniel-O

So any further Info on a GTG?

Dan

Daniel-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 06:38   #50
jumpn
Veteran Member

Default owh

MrErlo, have a good lunch with the World Herald lady tomorrow. That would be cool to see a big write-up on the TDI and alternative fuel stories. Let us know how it goes. Later, Jumpn
Old March 17th, 2008, 12:36   #51
MrErlo
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrrogers1
See ya guys!
great to have you MrRogers. i think omaha is one of the most well documented TDI cities around, so i'm sure we'll see you out there and stick you up in the sightings thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpn
MrErlo, have a good lunch with the World Herald lady tomorrow.
lunch has been moved to Wednesday and vwcampin (Shelby) will be joining me. that way we've got biodiesel and WVO both covered, and i'll be able to back up my claim that there are a number of TDI drivers in omaha. i'll be sure to let everyone know when the article comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel-O
So any further Info on a GTG?
i met with Robert Byrnes the president of the NeREA last weekened, he's very nice and will be a great resource as we move towards an Omaha Biodiesel Co-op. my brother is in town all this week, we did put on his TDIClub plate holders last night, put on the Bosch "Micro Edge" wiper blades, and did his ventectomy. he's looking forward to doing some more mods this week, we're ordering the FM-100 and heater this afternoon.

so i guess what i'm saying is... i don't have anything specific to work on right now, i hope Scott will have the filter to do this Saturday. anyone is welcome to join us for a mini-GTG, more of a meet in person kinda deal. we'll be at

1139 S 93rd Ave

Saturday March 22
11:00am - 6:00pm

anyone is welcome to drop by, if you have any minor work you'd like to do you'll be welcome to take care of it then. i have 1 set of ramps if you need to get under a car, i might order some Elf 506.01 to do oil changes for my car and my brothers.

anyone else have any specific work they'd like to do this saturday?

there will be a homebrewing GTG and processor building day coming up very soon, April 12th is looking like the likely date. same location, the garage will be cleaned by then so we'll have room to put the processor together.
Old March 17th, 2008, 13:50   #52
Daniel-O

I can't say i'll be there yet... I think my wife has plans for me that saturday... but I'll see if I can swing by. The 12th seems like a real possibility!

Dan

Daniel-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2008, 11:45   #53
vwcampin
Veteran Member

Thanks to Eric for inviting me along for the interview today. I think it went well and we gave the reporter a lot of information to digest. We'll keep everyone updated as things progress. Hopefully a mention of TDIClub will make the final article
Old March 19th, 2008, 11:59   #54
Mrrogers1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Never high enough but always trying for more.... (See signature)
Question RC 1 or 1+ Anyone??

Hey Guys, I wanted to check and see if any of you are running a RC1 or the RC1+ in either a 06 PD 5M or DSG? I have a DSG and Jeff told me I should try to drive someones car with it to see how I like AND my best friend has the 5M and we'll both be doing the chips at the same time.

I know a GTG is in the works (mini might work out for me) but no date has been set and I'm trying to get my "expenses" out of the way before summer time.

Last edited by Mrrogers1; March 19th, 2008 at 12:03.
Mrrogers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2008, 14:32   #55
MrErlo
Veteran Member

the meeting with the OWH went well, we had WVO and BioD well represented. i'll make sure to post the article when it comes out. i specifically saw her write down TDIClub.com on her note pad after i mentioned it several times.
Old March 19th, 2008, 16:46   #56
jumpn
Veteran Member

Cool, I'll be watching for it.
Old March 21st, 2008, 22:28   #57
jumpn
Veteran Member

Jettawolfs98, Julio, are you still around? I haven't seen you post, nor have I seen you around the neighborhood lately. Are you OK?
Old March 21st, 2008, 22:39   #58
Losha
Veteran Member

Hey Omaha neighboorhood watch police, let see if any of you guys would be able to spot me tomorrow morning driving to Sedalia, MO. I would be in Omaha area around 8-9am.

Malone Tuning Dealer for SD, ND NE, IA, MN
'06 Jetta TDI DSG - Malone tune, Bilsteins B6, H&R Sport Springs, GLI front end, HID
Losha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2008, 23:58   #59
KS97Passat
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 57 mpg max. (at 60-65mph)

Jumpn, your signature doesn't list a TDI anymore. What's the story?
'97 B4: 195k mi., .658 5th, 57/63 mpg "best tank" before/after trans. mod. (hwy, 60-65 mph), new stock nozzles @ 148k, Upsolute, "mufflerectomy", add'l exh. flex-pipe, B'stone B381 low-rolling-res. tires, Cat filter, ScanGaugeII
KS97Passat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2008, 03:56   #60
Losha
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS97Passat
Jumpn, your signature doesn't list a TDI anymore. What's the story?
He sold it couple months ago, if you go up few posts you will find him posting that he is going to sell/trade his jetta.

Malone Tuning Dealer for SD, ND NE, IA, MN
'06 Jetta TDI DSG - Malone tune, Bilsteins B6, H&R Sport Springs, GLI front end, HID
Losha is offline   Reply With Quote