www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Mid-west USA

Mid-west USA Local discussions for those on the Mid-West US. ( Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri)

Old February 29th, 2008, 07:18   #31
MrErlo
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: lifetime 45.52, best 61.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel-O
It was the anti shudder valve suck closed!!! So anyone want to have a GTG and do an intake cleaning party???
dang.... not even one of the things i suggested to you. i'm glad you got it worked out.

intake cleaning is a very messy job, meaning you'll end up covered in the blackest gunk you've ever seen in your life. the actual wrench work isn't that difficult, but you've got a lot of parts to take out so it takes a little while. i'd be glad to help you with the cleaning, just let me know when you'd like to do it.
MrErlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 07:35   #32
MrErlo
Veteran Member

Default FEELER: GTG March 22nd

how do people feel about a GTG March 22nd? i'll be working on my Appleseed this weekend so i'll have enough material to discuss w/ the OWH reporter, and i really want to have the processor running by Earth Day, April 22nd.

so.... Omaha Biodiesel GTG March 22nd??
Old March 3rd, 2008, 18:06   #33
Boiler84

Default 22nd March Bad for Me

Sorry! Saturdays are out for me until after Mother's Day. I really do want to see the system in action and hear how the biodiesel works.

Boiler Up!
Boiler84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 19:13   #34
MrErlo
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler84
Sorry! Saturdays are out for me until after Mother's Day. I really do want to see the system in action and hear how the biodiesel works.
march 23rd is a perfectly viable option. you're the first one to reply, so i can change things to accomodate. does that sunday work?
Old March 3rd, 2008, 19:53   #35
Losha
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrErlo
march 23rd is a perfectly viable option. you're the first one to reply, so i can change things to accomodate. does that sunday work?

Are you aware that March 23rd is Easter day? So, no business for me on that day.

Malone Tuning Dealer for SD, ND NE, IA, MN
'06 Jetta TDI DSG - Malone tune, Bilsteins B6, H&R Sport Springs, GLI front end, HID
Losha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 20:09   #36
KS97Passat
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 57 mpg max. (at 60-65mph)

Yeah, I'll observe Resurrection Sunday and I have a conflict on Saturday too. I'm itching for a GTG, though.
'97 B4: 195k mi., .658 5th, 57/63 mpg "best tank" before/after trans. mod. (hwy, 60-65 mph), new stock nozzles @ 148k, Upsolute, "mufflerectomy", add'l exh. flex-pipe, B'stone B381 low-rolling-res. tires, Cat filter, ScanGaugeII

Last edited by KS97Passat; March 3rd, 2008 at 23:24.
KS97Passat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 10:40   #37
newbeetleman
Veteran Member

TDI(s): none
Fuel Economy: yes please!

just saw this thread...I work in omaha but live about 70 miles south. Slowly I am working out my problems....overboost issues.

I'm pretty sure I need an intake cleaning sometime soon also. I made the vag-com change at about 60k and I have 225,000 now.

Does anyone know how good the vag-com adjustments works...if it works?
newbeetleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 12:11   #38
MrErlo
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS97Passat
Yeah, I'll observe Resurrection Sunday and I have a conflict on Saturday too. I'm itching for a GTG, though.
good point Losha/KS97. i didn't really think that one all the way through before i sent out the feeler. i'll come up with another date and let people know.
Old March 4th, 2008, 12:13   #39
MrErlo
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbeetleman
Does anyone know how good the vag-com adjustments works...if it works?
which "adjustments" are you referring to? you mentioned the intake cleaning... are you talking about the "EGR duty cycle turn down" mod? cuz i had Nitrowolf do that for me about 2 months after i got my car. i can't say whether or not it's worked... maybe in another 40,000 or so i'll pull my intake off and see.

if you were referring to another VagCom mod, please let us know. i'm sure someone will be able to help you out.
Old March 4th, 2008, 15:56   #40
Losha
Veteran Member

Quote:
which "adjustments" are you referring to? you mentioned the intake cleaning... are you talking about the "EGR duty cycle turn down" mod? cuz i had Nitrowolf do that for me about 2 months after i got my car. i can't say whether or not it's worked... maybe in another 40,000 or so i'll pull my intake off and see.

if you were referring to another VagCom mod, please let us know. i'm sure someone will be able to help you out.
Yes, it works great but also hurts some mpg sometimes, on some cars. But if you drive your TDI at WOT once a day and don't let idle much then cloging intake is not going to be big issue.

Malone Tuning Dealer for SD, ND NE, IA, MN
'06 Jetta TDI DSG - Malone tune, Bilsteins B6, H&R Sport Springs, GLI front end, HID
Losha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 20:32   #41
Boiler84

Default Self-Dimming Mirror Install

I bought the mirror, now I need the wiring and plub to install it. I need a new windshield too. I believe for a B5.5 the mirror base on the glass is the same for all mirrors. Any ideas other than dealer for the wiring plug and supplies? I have the threads about installing the different mirrors.

Once I figure out the installation items, I will be putting this puppy in! I miss the self-dimming function from the last car I had.

Boiler Up!
Boiler84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 18:54   #42
newbeetleman
Veteran Member

TDI(s): none
Fuel Economy: yes please!

Quote:

yeah, that is it!
newbeetleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 23:10   #43
MrErlo
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbeetleman
yeah, that is it!
contact user Nitrowolf directly. i'm sure other people know the correct VagCom codes etc... but he's very polite and from KC. so there's a good chance you'll get to meet him IRL soon enough anyway.

there's just a variable that you adjust from factory setting to user desired value. i don't know which field it is, or what value you're looking for. i believe mine is set to "200,000", but don't quote me on that.
Old March 7th, 2008, 22:21   #44
Daniel-O

We tried out the Nebraska brewing Co. In the shadow lakes shopping center, It was good and the Amber beer was quite good... Thanks to those who suggested it!!! I also got a new toy that day! Nikon D80 with the 18-200mm lens very nice set up... so we need a GTG so I can get pix of folks!!!

Dan

Daniel-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 18:41   #45
Vhunter
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: TDI - rarely under 50 MPG
Default Bio-brew

Hi,
I'd be interested in seeing the bio-brewing, or just talking to someone who does it would be good too. I have to work every other weekend, so
won't make it down there the 29/30, but maybe some other time.
Sundays are better for me if I am off that weekend!
Laters!
'87 Mercedes 300 SDL. (Sold)
'85 Mercedes 300 D - Now at home, All painted up and purdy!..
Vhunter is offline   Reply With Quote