www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Atlantic Canada

Atlantic Canada Atlantic Canada Section. This section is for people in Atlantic Canada to discuss items more local to them.

Old August 24th, 2007, 10:52   #1
Fyrman
Veteran Member

Default Official Atlantic Canada Discounts & Deals Thread

First off, as always, lets try and keep this On Topic so it remains concise and easy to follow. That way it'll stay a valuable resource for newbies and veterans alike.

If you're going to add a contact, please list the company name, contact name at the company, address and/or directions and of course, what is being offered.

Let's get this party started!

Some people are like Slinkies...... They're really good for nothing but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!
Fyrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2007, 12:13   #2
Fliehigh
Veteran Member

Speedy Muffler and Brakes

Address: 627 Sackville Drive, Lower Sackville NS B4C 2S4
Telephone: (902)864-5022

Duncan will give the club members at least 15% on all parts and labor (except tires), he also told me that if he can do better the 15% on things he will. They are very fair and if they can't help they will point you where to go!

Last edited by Fliehigh; August 24th, 2007 at 12:15.
Fliehigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2007, 14:20   #3
Slave2school
Veteran Member

Do these discounts only apply to the TDI or would a second vehicle be counted in the discount as well? I will delete this after one or both posts are ammended to reflect this if you guys want so it stays nice and neet
Slave2school is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2007, 07:53   #4
Fliehigh
Veteran Member

http://capsplus.ca

8 Walker Avenue
Lower Sackville, N.S.
Telephone: (902)865-4459
Fax: (902)865-0002

Caps Plus will give TDI club memebers 10% off labour and they will try there best to match or beat any accessory or wheel prices that have from other vendors. Get a price on rims from Dartmouth Surplus and see if Caps Plus can do better.
Old May 6th, 2008, 21:24   #5
rawdon1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 800 to 900 km on the 2002 auto tran ....... 1200 km on the 2000 manual tran

how do you show prof of member ship?
rawdon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 04:25   #6
Fyrman
Veteran Member

The people that offered these deals know some of us closely. They're doing this on the honour system. Just tell them you're in the TDIClub.

Actually, maybe we should be adding a contact name to the posts for the business owners sake. That way, if the business owner questions the legitimacy of the person looking for the deal, they can contact the person that sent them in. I know Kevin has checked back with me on occassion at Murphy Glass. I'll edit my post.

Some people are like Slinkies...... They're really good for nothing but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!
Old May 7th, 2008, 18:53   #7
pozi240
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: better than my Pathfinder!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrman
For tires and service:

Steele Clearance Centre

Address: 3717 Kempt Rd.
Telephone: 453-0653

Tell him Jeff sent you.

Derek is a cousin of mine and is now managing the Service centre for Steele. He used to be the service manager at Steele VW so he knows our cars. He'll give us a kick-a$$ deal on tires and any service work. The do service on all vehicles so contact him for your other cars too.

This is just a quick contact info post for now, they're revamping all their online stuff and coming out with some new specials soon so I'll pretty up this post as soon as they do.
X2!!! I can't say enough good about Derek at Steele Clearance, I won't post publically what kind of price he gave me on my tires yesterday, but , lets just say, I had to ask him to repeat the price twice, since it was so low. Bought a set of 225/45ZR17 94W with a treadwear rating of 440 (unheard of in a UHP tire), and super, super cheap. Put it this way, Derek undercut Dartmouth Surplus by over 30% on the same tire.
2010 Kawasaki ZX6R (race/track)
1991 VW Jetta 1.6TD winter beater
Help sponsor a broke AM600 racer.......
pozi240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2008, 14:01   #8
Fyrman
Veteran Member

Default Tires!!

Derek just called me from Steele Service Centre. He has 12 Achilles 225/45ZR17 94W tires in stock that he will sell any of us @ $105/tire plus disposal and tax. Sounds like a pretty awesome deal for a tire with a treadwear rating of 440, like Pozi said. Give him a call if you need a set.

Oh, and this is only for TDIClub members so let me know if you're sending your Mom in for a set, he calls me when someone comes in and says they're from our club.

Old May 19th, 2008, 19:04   #9
sportsguy
Veteran Member

Heading in tomorrow for mine.
Old March 20th, 2009, 22:19   #10
euroteck

How about a good mechanic for the tdi cars? I've been using Harrington's, and I'm not happy. I have 3 B4 passats on the road, I could use a good mechanic
euroteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2009, 04:35   #11
Fyrman
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by euroteck
How about a good mechanic for the tdi cars? I've been using Harrington's, and I'm not happy. I have 3 B4 passats on the road, I could use a good mechanic
Derek's guys do work on them. He was telling me a couple weeks ago they've even done a couple timing belts in the past month. Settles would be the other one but there's guys on here that don't think much of them either. It's kind of a flip of the coin when it comes to mechanics around here. Read back thru the threads, there's lots of discussion.

And welcome to the club!

Old March 22nd, 2009, 11:05   #12
sportsguy
Veteran Member

Settle's - 100% happiness rating from me! Tell Mike Duane sent you. Luckily for Mike, he doesn't know Jeff!
Old May 5th, 2009, 12:09   #13
Kyuss
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by euroteck
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

"I'd rather drive my car off a cliff, into a lake of magma, with a trunk full of dynamite than take my car back to Harringtons"

I honestly cannot say enough bad about them. This is based on many visits spanning several years...GOD! I HATE THEM!!.....wow, I need a drink...
Kyuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 12:44   #14
pozi240
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: better than my Pathfinder!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuss
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

"I'd rather drive my car off a cliff, into a lake of magma, with a trunk full of dynamite than take my car back to Harringtons"

I honestly cannot say enough bad about them. This is based on many visits spanning several years...GOD! I HATE THEM!!.....wow, I need a drink...
I won't comment on Harringtons, but may I suggest as an alternative near you (Mt. Uniacke) , is Dale at Fahie's on the South Rawdon Rd? Over 25yrs of VW desiel experience and does work on the modern TDI's (has VAG SCAN tools), and has VERY reasonable rates. Phone: 902-866-2288
2010 Kawasaki ZX6R (race/track)
1991 VW Jetta 1.6TD winter beater
Help sponsor a broke AM600 racer.......
pozi240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 06:49   #15
steviemac
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 03 Golf TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrman
For tires and service:

Steele Clearance Centre

Address: 3717 Kempt Rd.
Telephone: 453-0653

Tell him Jeff sent you.

Derek is a cousin of mine and is now managing the Service centre for Steele. He used to be the service manager at Steele VW so he knows our cars. He'll give us a kick-a$$ deal on tires and any service work. The do service on all vehicles so contact him for your other cars too.

This is just a quick contact info post for now, they're revamping all their online stuff and coming out with some new specials soon so I'll pretty up this post as soon as they do.
Hey Jeff,

I talked to your cousin today -- he was trying to help me find some tires to replace some rubber that wore too fast during my vacation. Anyway, long story short, my time line was a little too short, and I am a little unsure of what I want to replace the tires with, but Derek was great to deal with. Unfortuneatly he didn't have any of those Achilies left, but he did go out of his way to help me. You'll have to thank him again for me the next time you see him... Thanks,

Steve

Quote: Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive. - Unknown
steviemac is offline   Reply With Quote