www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > South Central Regional States

South Central Regional States Local discussions for those on the South Central US. (Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas)

Old September 20th, 2007, 09:22   #61
horsieclatter
Veteran Member

Thank you uberdiesel. Obviously, my bone-stock 2000 jetta is running fine and getting 46-47 mpg with my lead foot in it...heh heh heh.

Any news in a local informal gtg??? ...before I need my fuel filter changed out?? I have a spare, but that particular video will not play for me, aargh. Houston and the surrounding metroplex is a large area, therefore nowhere will be convenient to anybody. Sequin is much closer than montreal, but still not local enough for me...
horsieclatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2007, 09:49   #62
jsrmonster
Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast

Hi,

I'm here in austin, today and will meet w/ NathanMSL tomorrow for some tuning joy. Let me know if there are any friday night "VTroubleU" hangouts in the area - be cool to hook up. Got programmer :-)

hey Dan - thatvwguy - you out there?

Jeff

Hey uberdiesel - hows it going?
05.5Jetta DSG, 00Jetta 6spd race, 99.5Jetta Rocket ARL-PD150 6spd 2260, 2003.5 5.9L Cummins QCLB 4x4 Blue Monster, 00Passat1.8T, other tdi's: 97J, 98J, 99.5J2x, 00-C5 6spd - EFILive, HPTuner, Diablo Sport!
Never argue with an idiot.They will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
The beatings will continue until the morale improves!
Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement !
"DIESEL TUNING PROFESSIONAL" 1-5-3-6-2-4=;-)

Last edited by jsrmonster; September 20th, 2007 at 09:52.
jsrmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2007, 06:29   #63
tdicruz33
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 53

i live in houston and would love to get rocket chipped..how do we arrange this?
tdicruz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2007, 06:57   #64
jsrmonster

Hi,
I'll be at BARtuning today in Houston working.
6615 Dixie Dr, 77087
(713) 645-4404

I plan on heading back to PA tomorrow, but will stay and help Mike until the work is done!
Jeff
05.5Jetta DSG, 00Jetta 6spd race, 99.5Jetta Rocket ARL-PD150 6spd 2260, 2003.5 5.9L Cummins QCLB 4x4 Blue Monster, 00Passat1.8T, other tdi's: 97J, 98J, 99.5J2x, 00-C5 6spd - EFILive, HPTuner, Diablo Sport!
Never argue with an idiot.They will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Old September 21st, 2007, 09:15   #65
TDikook
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ~44+

Man, I bet Nathan's car will be awesome when you are done with it, cant wait to hear about it.
Old September 21st, 2007, 12:43   #66
NathanMSL
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDikook
Man, I bet Nathan's car will be awesome when you are done with it, cant wait to hear about it.

It would have been nice, but my VNT20 failed after 10 minutes of run time.

2005.5 Golf PD100; RC
VNT20; ERF 6speed
FMIC; full 3" exhaust; DG short shifter
Alvin Texas

Last edited by NathanMSL; September 21st, 2007 at 17:35.
NathanMSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2007, 16:30   #67
uberdiesel
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 34 combined/42 highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrmonster
Hey uberdiesel - hows it going?
Thanks Jeff, I'm doing well.

It was great to see you today at BAR Tuning. I hope you have a good stay here in Houston and look forward to seeing you again at the November 17 GTG in Seguin.

Best Regards,

Fr. Michael
Old September 21st, 2007, 17:38   #68
TDikook
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ~44+

OH, NO!!! bummer
Old September 24th, 2007, 02:33   #69
cokerdawg

Fuel Economy: don't know yet
Default Newb

Say man, newb here from Lumberton, just a bit north of Beaumont. I'm finishing the deal on my 04 Jetta. I'll get some pics up soon. Just wanted to say Howdy neighbor.

2004 VW Jetta GL TDI, 130,000 mi/odo as of 2-09
17" Konig Incident w/ 215-45-17 Kuhmo Ecsta
cokerdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2007, 05:30   #70
jsrmonster

Hi Texans,
I finally made it home, the drive was great, no problems except some hood scratches from a lawn crew mowing grass in the median and shooting crap into moving traffic :-( I saw traffic swerving and junk bouncing all over the road and slammed on the brakes and got over to the curb lane but stuff was in motion and bang. I also got cut off by a 50' rv towing a car, He got over and must of forgot he was towing a car. Funny thing he was going 80 and didn't need to pass anyone, probably falling asleep cuz no blinker. Americans don't know how to drive safe anyway, go to europe and drive the autobahn and learn the proper way to give signals and right of way. Mooove over when beamer is flashing lights and coming up on you at 160mph or you die.

BARtuning is awesome and Mike is very passionate about VW's and a very good wrench (mechanic). Nathans car was very fast and ran great after we rebuilt the turbo that only lasted 2 minutes (not RC tuned on his 1st test drive of new/reman turbo).

I'll be back Nov 17 at seguin gtg and hope to see you all there again.

Jeff

Old September 25th, 2007, 05:30   #71
jsrmonster

I hope to return to BARtuing TDI gtgs in the future. Keep up the good work Mike, and look forward to your manifold kits.

Jeff

Last edited by jsrmonster; September 25th, 2007 at 19:18.
Old November 5th, 2007, 11:27   #72
xDieselxTunerx
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 45+MPG
Talking

Hey guys I just moved to Houston (katy area) from Cali. Its nice to know there are alot of tdi owners here cause I just got a 2006 jetta tdi. Within in my first few days here I met mike at bartuning and he is a really nice guy. Looking forward to the seguin meet and getting my car chipped jeff at rocket. Just wanted to introduce myself.
xDieselxTunerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2007, 20:02   #73
NathanMSL
Veteran Member

Welcome to the club, it seems that your off to a good start in meeting the folks in Houston. We'll see you in Seguin

Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDieselxTunerx
Hey guys I just moved to Houston (katy area) from Cali. Its nice to know there are alot of tdi owners here cause I just got a 2006 jetta tdi. Within in my first few days here I met mike at bartuning and he is a really nice guy. Looking forward to the seguin meet and getting my car chipped jeff at rocket. Just wanted to introduce myself.

2005.5 Golf PD100; RC
VNT20; ERF 6speed
FMIC; full 3" exhaust; DG short shifter
Alvin Texas
NathanMSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2007, 06:32   #74
bluenorther

TDI(s): 2006 Jetta
Fuel Economy: 43-45 mpg

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello.
I'm new to the TDI world. I have an '06 Jetta I just purchased a couple months ago and love it. Beats the heck out of the 17 mpg I was getting with my '01 3/4T Ford superduty 4X4. Especially when I was driving 65 miles each way to work.
Yes, I know where West Columbia is since I drive thru it everyday on my commute. Hwy 35, Bay City to Alvin (FM2917). Anyone know where I can get my jetta serviced in or around Matagorda County? I bought it from a guy on ebay in the Hou area and mistakenly assumed there was a dealership closer than 100 miles from home. It's only got 38k miles on it but it started stammering and hesitating on acceleration a few weeks ago and I was recommended to check to see if the EGR vlv is stuck. All I got to do now if figure out how to do that. Which reminds me, anyone know where I can find a maintenance manual for it?
I'll keep checkin the board to see when there might be a GTG in our area.
Good to meet ya'll.
Regards,
Bluenorther
bluenorther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2007, 07:27   #75
xbangu
Veteran Member

Hello all-

I just moved to Houston (belliare/SH6), anyway I am having some intermittent issue with my MAF ( just replace it 3K ago). Anyone with a vag-com would like to help me diagnose it, lunch is on me. '04 gli tdi.

thanks,

xbangu at yahoo or (949)579 0485