www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+)

VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+) Discussion area for the 2012+ Passat TDI (North American and rest of world versions versions). The North American model was previously codenamed NMS (New Midsize Sedan) and the version the rest of the world gets is sometimes referred to as B7.

Old March 19th, 2017, 04:01   #16
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: see signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm View Post
we are already back up to $3 per gallon, looking forward to the new 40 MPG GMC terrain SUV diesel. I have also thought of buying a Leaf, with its short range id be parking it halfway between home and work, drive the leaf the first 30 miles then jump in my Passat that I stash at a friends house to complete my commute. Ahhh the price I pay for living 55 miles away from the urban jungle
A Bolt would get you there and back... maybe even twice in favorable weather conditions (no heat). It's a bit more expensive than a used LEAF, though.

I'm interested in driving a Terrain diesel, too. I'm really not sure how well it's going to perform with a 1.6L engine.

Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2017, 05:15   #17
Fav40
Veteran Member

My commute went from 70 miles a day to less than 11. In fact if we move soon that could go down. I'll buy a moped

I wanted to keep the car I loved, but had damage from 2 bad winters and bridge construction on my former commute. My windshield was pitted. Plus a lady backed into me and I never got fixed. I also had 15% tint all around which NYS is supposedly going to get strict with (I haven't seen a drastic change yet) So I calculated that into keeping and making it fresh to me, the fix which could lower mileage and a commute that would clog it up.

The deal was, imo, too good to pass up. Got nearly 28k and got a V6 SEL Premium for 31k. Solid motor, no turbos. Love the additional power, same space, added features and gas mileage is better than every car I've owned prior to the TDI I have to drive the long way to work to get it good and warm heading to work. Summer time will change that. Purchased a month ago and only at 920 miles as of this AM. Taking a trip the next 2 weekends with it.

PS I also loved the DSG and wanted it in my next vehicle. Alltrack, CC or Passat and Passat kept me.
Old March 27th, 2017, 14:12   #18
dieselbill

Talking For what its worth

I love our 2015 Passat TDI SE. Have had the phase 1 emissions modification done and very pleased with the results to date. Restitution $ came quickly. New warranty extension covers MANY parts here to fore not covered, and for 11 years from date of purchase (April 2015)! I presently cannot see how you can go wrong keeping a CVCA TDI.
dieselbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2017, 17:21   #19
jrm
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 42/52

I wonder if the few 2016's that were on the line when dieselgate came out will ever be sold? Those will be collector cars for sure with all the safety improvements on a TDI
1996 Dodge mechanical Cummins 12V 2500 4x4 that gets 20MPG
1990 Toyota xcab 4x4 3.0 v6 (3.slow) 15MPG
jrm is offline   Reply With Quote