www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Jetta Sedan (~ 2011+)

VW MKVI-A6 Jetta Sedan (~ 2011+) Discussions area for the MkVI (2011+) Jetta sedan. This model was originally codenamed NCS (New Compact Sedan).

Old January 20th, 2017, 07:11   #1
IDoSeaDoo
Veteran Member

Default No Comfort Windows on 2011 TDI Jetta??

Hey guys,

I bought a VagCom recently because it's good to have, and I really wanted to configure some of those comfort features on my 2011 Jetta TDI. But when I go into 09. Cent Elec - Coding - Long Code Helper, I only see like 4 options and nothing regarding comfort windows. I also checked the adaptation section. The drop down menu at the top does not include comfort anything! What gives? Is this ECU just a stripped down model? Can I add this coding somehow?

Tested with two different vagcom cables, VCDS versions 16.8 and 17.1
IDoSeaDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2017, 06:29   #2
IDoSeaDoo
Veteran Member

Come on guys, anyone? Someone's got to know about this...
Old January 26th, 2017, 17:17   #3
pdt165
Veteran Member

by comfort do you mean up and down using the remote? if so than I can confirm that you can enable that feature on the 2011.

try this
http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/co...ote-operation/
Old January 26th, 2017, 17:27   #4
Losha
Veteran Member

All VW and Audi from 2006+ have this feature available to be enabled. Its usually under Convenience Control Module, under Long Coding. Lot of times on newer vehicles you can enable this feature via MFA or in MMI control on Audi's.

Malone Tuning Dealer for SD, ND NE, IA, MN
'06 Jetta TDI DSG - Malone tune, Bilsteins B6, H&R Sport Springs, GLI front end, HID
Losha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2017, 17:46   #5
sandmansans
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2014 Jetta
Fuel Economy: Best tank:54.7. Drove From Chattanooga Tennesse to Poconos PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoSeaDoo View Post
Hey guys,

I bought a VagCom recently because it's good to have, and I really wanted to configure some of those comfort features on my 2011 Jetta TDI. But when I go into 09. Cent Elec - Coding - Long Code Helper, I only see like 4 options and nothing regarding comfort windows. I also checked the adaptation section. The drop down menu at the top does not include comfort anything! What gives? Is this ECU just a stripped down model? Can I add this coding somehow?

Tested with two different vagcom cables, VCDS versions 16.8 and 17.1
The comfort control module is integrated into the bcm, body control module.
As others have asked, what is it exactly that you're trying to do?

If it's the window up down with the fob, just follow the directions the previous poster shared.

If you're trying to activate comfort up and down. Where you press the window switch once and it raises or lowers the glass, simply press and hold the window button close when the window is already closed. Hold for a few seconds and it will program it

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
sandmansans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2017, 17:48   #6
sandmansans
Veteran Member

Oh and yes, the bcm that we get in the north American mk6 jetta is a wonky one. Comparatively speaking, it has less feared and capabilities than the one found in thr mk5 or in the mk6 golf.

We got a hybrid bcm for the NAR mk6 jetta. It's a variant of the vw Polo high ++ and medium bcm.
It's real funky lol

Old March 9th, 2017, 11:43   #7
IDoSeaDoo
Veteran Member

When I go into the Long Coding screen, I literally do not have the options to enable any comfort stuff. Is it because my BCM is some cheap POS? I noticed that they cheapened much of the 2011 tdi as compared to the MK5s.
Old March 9th, 2017, 12:21   #8
IndigoBlueWagon
TDIClub Enthusiast
Principal IDParts
Vendor
w/Business number

Fuel Economy: 50/45/37

My understanding is that the BCM on the MKVI Sedan has significantly less capability than the Golf or JSW. So what you're seeing may be accurate.
Old March 9th, 2017, 23:06   #9
sandmansans
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoSeaDoo View Post
When I go into the Long Coding screen, I literally do not have the options to enable any comfort stuff. Is it because my BCM is some cheap POS? I noticed that they cheapened much of the 2011 tdi as compared to the MK5s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoBlueWagon View Post
My understanding is that the BCM on the MKVI Sedan has significantly less capability than the Golf or JSW. So what you're seeing may be accurate.
As per my previous post, the jetta does get a watered down bcm. Especially in comparison to the golf. The golf has a highline bcm the same as it's row counterpart. The NAR Jetta gets a hybrid bcm. Not quite the lowest bcm offered but also too not the highest.

With that though, the jetta bcm does in fact have convenience options. They are there.its under the central convenience module.