www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Mid-west USA

Mid-west USA Local discussions for those on the Mid-West US. ( Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri)

Old November 23rd, 2016, 18:04   #1
curt5446

Default NW Chicago Burbs

Anyone live in the northwest burbs of Chicago?

I'm in Fox River Grove. It's just east of Algonquin. Near Lake Barrington etc..
Old November 25th, 2016, 05:21   #2
Throwback7r
Veteran Member

TDI(s): JSW

i'm in the southwest burbs for now. Not for long - buyback time
Throwback7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2016, 21:22   #3
lovemybug
Veteran Member

State line area of SE Wisconsin. Been through your area a few times going down to Elgin.

I can't believe how much crap I can fit in this thing.
lovemybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2016, 15:15   #4
Camel413

I am in the Arlington Heights area about every 3-4 weeks visiting family.
Camel413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2017, 04:42   #5
deming
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 38-44

NE Chicago Suburbs near the Highland Park / Deerfield area checking in with you. Myself, I personally enjoy the 2005 Passat TDI Wagons.

Ujames-- There are several websites that are endorsed by the Illinois soybean growers and Illinois farm bureau. Try this link --http://biodiesel.org/ . In the search box just type in retail locations or retail pumps and you will find every retailer and supplier. You can always call them.

In order to qualify for Illinois state fuel tax incentives you have to use B12% or higher concentrations. I for one always use B20% ULSD Bio-Diesel and this is what I use in the Passats and my 2016 Duramax 2500HD truck. I have used the B20 for years and I have never had any concerns or issues. We do treat the fuel with Power-Service ( white bottle) and I change my fuel filter every year in about November as a maintenance measure. General Motors also allows up to B20% in the Duramax without messing up the warranty. I believe VW also allows up to B20 use. The fuel smells cleaner, burns cleaner and the car runs better on B20. Suffice to say; I would also bet a small wager the entire VW Dieselgate scandal would be a non issue and a non EPA concern if Volkswagen and the EPA had tested the affected cars (2009-2015 TDI engines) with a high quality B20 fuel. I really think it is a superior fuel and you can tell a huge difference when you use it.

Last edited by deming; January 26th, 2017 at 05:00.
deming is offline   Reply With Quote