www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2008

TDIFest 2008 Discussion about TDIFest 2008 that was held in Mason, OH on the Labour Day weekend (August 29th - August 31st, 2008) .

Closed Thread

Old September 16th, 2008, 12:27   #16
CoJoNEs
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 47

Its important to note that the events outside were not closed off to the general public although a bunch of strange looking people staring at TDIs would scare off most sane people.
I saw several people wandering about the parking that I did not recognize from being at the registration desk. They could have come from any of the other events at the hotel or just curious individuals from the street. The VAG-COM is not unique to TDIs or to VW. I don't think its fair to limit your leaving stuff around/borrow policy to just TDI GTGs and TDIFest.
Old September 16th, 2008, 12:36   #17
Leo819
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 50/45.5/35

Thank you Julie

Old September 16th, 2008, 20:36   #18
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoJoNEs
Its important to note that the events outside were not closed off to the general public although a bunch of strange looking people staring at TDIs would scare off most sane people.
I saw several people wandering about the parking that I did not recognize from being at the registration desk. They could have come from any of the other events at the hotel or just curious individuals from the street. The VAG-COM is not unique to TDIs or to VW. I don't think its fair to limit your leaving stuff around/borrow policy to just TDI GTGs and TDIFest.
I too noticed that there were other people wandering around too, so who knows, but most people wouldn't have a clue what it was for.

As for other events that I would used my VAG-COM cable for would be personal use or to use it on a friends car, so I would have it at all other times and I won't be borrowing my new vag com cable to anyone so no worries there.
Old September 17th, 2008, 00:17   #19
TDIoily
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2003 Jetta
Fuel Economy: ~44.6

wow that just took a whole 2 seconds to find your vag com cable. You are lucky that people are honest. Lesson, take care of your crap and accept the responsibility of ownership.As is common in many large events, things get lost, stolen, misplaced, borrowed, randomly found... whatever... This year there were several things that "went missing" that people would like to have back.

1. a VAG-COM USB Cable - It was sitting by a laptop on the table in front of the Rocketchip RV - owner went to rally, it went missing! laptop and charger still there.

2. a scope was borrowed and passed around to allow you to see into the pistons (forgive my lack of knowledge on the proper name of this tool). It was passed, and passed, and passed some more, and seems to have disappeared. If you have this scope in your possession, please contact a member of the TDIFest committee.

3. Sunglasses - not nearly as valuable or expensive as the latter 2 items, but they are dear to me. They went missing on Friday night. They are Native brand, silver frame with darker lenses.

They were a recent birthday gift, and I would like them back. If you've seen them, please let me know. The same goes for all the items posted in this thread.

"I tried being good, but then I got bored."
- Thanks V's!

R.I.P 69 VW Fastback Dual 32 Webs
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI RC2, VNT 17
2003 Platinum Jetta TDI, RC4, Hybrid Turbo, pp764, 3 bar map, 5th gear.
Mechanic/GURU: JasonTDI
Tuner: Jeff of Rocketchip!
Old September 17th, 2008, 01:59   #20
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIoily
wow that just took a whole 2 seconds to find your vag com cable. You are lucky that people are honest. Lesson, take care of your crap and accept the responsibility of ownership.As is common in many large events, things get lost, stolen, misplaced, borrowed, randomly found... whatever... This year there were several things that "went missing" that people would like to have back.

1. a VAG-COM USB Cable - It was sitting by a laptop on the table in front of the Rocketchip RV - owner went to rally, it went missing! laptop and charger still there.

2. a scope was borrowed and passed around to allow you to see into the pistons (forgive my lack of knowledge on the proper name of this tool). It was passed, and passed, and passed some more, and seems to have disappeared. If you have this scope in your possession, please contact a member of the TDIFest committee.

3. Sunglasses - not nearly as valuable or expensive as the latter 2 items, but they are dear to me. They went missing on Friday night. They are Native brand, silver frame with darker lenses.

They were a recent birthday gift, and I would like them back. If you've seen them, please let me know. The same goes for all the items posted in this thread.

"I tried being good, but then I got bored."
- Thanks V's!
Did I miss something here? So then who has my vag-com cable and how did it only take you 2 seconds to find it and how would you have even known if you found the correct vag-com cable, since I never posted the Serial #???

Obviously I'm a little confused with you post TDIoily, so if you could clarify that would be great, since I have no new PM's or any replies that I'm aware of

And how many times to I have to post this..............WHEN HAVE I NOT TAKEN RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT HAPPENED AND WHO HAVE I BLAMED???

You people make it sound like I'm blaming other members that were at Fest for what happened.

Did I complain about it. Yeah a little
Did I expect something like this it happen at TDIFest. NO
By making this post I was hoping that someone did accidentally take it and not realize it was someone's cable. I was hoping to get help, but I've gotten nothing but critizism and how it was my fault and allowed myself to be victimized, blah, blah, blah...........

So if one more person posts that I need to take responsiblity for my stuff I'm going to loose it.
I'm normally over protective of my stuff. So I guess in my head I didn't think leaving it where I did was going to be a problem, but I should have known better.

SO PLEASE ONLY POST IF YOU CAN HELP ME GET MY VAG-COM CABLE BACK OR KNOW WHO HAS IT OR WHERE IT IS!!!
Old September 17th, 2008, 07:41   #21
Hamsterdiesel
TDIClub Enthusiast
Veteran Member & HO5G CoFounder

Fuel Economy: 49/47.5 - 51 mpg once!

TDIoily probably misread your post about 'your new cable' thinking you found it.

Public thread means you open yourself to public comment, so you have to take the good with the bad, not that I condone beating a dead horse here.

You can lock this thread if you think it's served its original purpose.
1965 Plymouth Barracuda - with the Leaning Tower of Power!
Old September 17th, 2008, 09:50   #22
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

You might as well go ahead and lock it, since I highly doubt I'm getting my cable back.

If someone does want to come forward they can always PM me and I promise I won't be mad at them and just be glad they came forward and if they could just ship it back to me that would be great.

Thanks,

Eric
Closed Thread