Heat not working in 2013 passat

jsm172

TDI
Passat
Hey guys, my heat is not working in my 2013 passat. I read the heater core thread below and it seems like it is an issue. I noticed people were getting reimbursed for heater core replacement. Can anyone give me a little bit of info on that? I dont remember getting anything in the mail about that. I have 75k miles on the car.

jsm172

TDI
Passat
Didnt see that thread thanks for helping.

I will give VoA a call today to see if mine is covered under the extended warranty.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
The best way to search is with Google. "heater core NMS site:tdiclub.com" returns lots of useful results.

Booth44

TDI
2013 Passat SEL
I never received any notice in the mail about the heater core issue, either.

I was prepared for a bit of a fight when I took the car into the dealership, but it turned out to be a complete non-issue. They did it as warranty work, gave me a loaner car for the day and charged me nothing.

Note that I am in Canada, so that could possibly make a difference (though Canadian VW owners generally feel that VWOA is easier to deal with than VW of Canada).

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
I always here about free loaner cars, iv never been offered one- even when paying $500+ out of pocket for repairs, when I ask every vw dealer iv been to says no loaner program at that location :confused:

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
I always here about free loaner cars, iv never been offered one- even when paying $500+ out of pocket for repairs, when I ask every vw dealer iv been to says no loaner program at that location :confused:
Well, move north. We have them here! :p

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
It also might depend on your relationship with the dealer. All my services, and warranty work (WAY too much warranty work!) have been done at the same dealership. When I drive up, they always have a car waiting.

For me, this is the main reason I'd stay with a dealer for service. They have to have a devoted, experienced tech to work with, not a crew. I also ask to visit the service bay when the car is worked on. Not all dealerships allow this, nor will they honor the request for a single tech to work on my car(s). In that case, I look elsewhere.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Whether or not to offer a loaner is strictly an individual dealer decision, nothing to do with VW. The dealer we use for our older car (SAAB) offers us a loaner because we're 80 miles away— but we now have to put up with an earnest speech from a lady, enjoining us not to put too many miles on the car. If you're close, and it's not overnight, they're going to want you to use their shuttle. Our VW dealer has a rather efficient shuttle program, but no loaners.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
I will have to look around, dropping our car off is a huge PITA as both the wife and I drive 100 miles a day to and from work so I follow her to the dealer, drop off the nms and then take her to work- then the reverse on the way home. Then some slime ball sales guy pokes fun at my 15 year old civic with 300k on it- the one that's had a total of zero problems. Although i think my mass airflow sensor is going, has a lean spot at 1/4 throttle.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
^^^...uhhh...well...any loaner I've had has mileage restrictions, which I find very reasonable. Not sure 100+ miles a day would be acceptable.