Bull Bars on a Passat?!?!?!?!

PussTDI

TDI
B5 VW Passat TDI 110bhp
Just a crazy notion I've always had.. Has anyone ever done this before??
If so any links or pic's? Im very curious to see what it would look like.

I was thinking about doing it to my own red B5, and since there doesn't seem to be any bolt on kits on the interweb, I suppose ill have to weld one up :rolleyes:

Whats everyone's opinion on this? I think it would look bad ass and have a really mean look to it. I wouldn't user huge chunky bars on jeeps and such but maybe 1.5" or 2" pipe, black of course :p

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
Just a crazy notion I've always had.. Has anyone ever done this before??
If so any links or pic's? Im very curious to see what it would look like.

I was thinking about doing it to my own red B5, and since there doesn't seem to be any bolt on kits on the interweb, I suppose ill have to weld one up :rolleyes:

Whats everyone's opinion on this? I think it would look bad ass and have a really mean look to it. I wouldn't user huge chunky bars on jeeps and such but maybe 1.5" or 2" pipe, black of course :p
Hell yessir getter din! We kneeze mer merdurfications liken sooz on the Pissats. Hold onz whilst I yellz cross teh diblewide atz mi kin folk to shatzup whist I tipes this. We kneeze mer merdurfications liken tats. Trailer park folks must stay gether!

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
^ what he said.....
I didn't take notice of PussTDI's location before I made my previous post. He may be on to something for our Irish brethren. Have you ever been there? Those bars might come in handy if you ever come upon a flock of sheep or a herd of cows in the middle of the road as you round a curve! Been there - done that.:eek:

PussTDI

TDI
B5 VW Passat TDI 110bhp
I was looking up rally car bars but there wasn't much there to work with. If I could get an existing one and modify the way it bolts to the chassis but that world be serious effort... Id be willing to do it though.

People find it stylish to do this:

They have roof racks for no practical purpose except to look good (not in my opinion

So why can't bull bars look good on a passat?
Nothing huge but something noticeable and tasteful.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
I'd look for a unicorn horn myself but I really like the steer horns....

PussTDI

TDI
B5 VW Passat TDI 110bhp
I didn't take notice of PussTDI's location before I made my previous post. He may be on to something for our Irish brethren. Have you ever been there? Those bars might come in handy if you ever come upon a flock of sheep or a herd of cows in the middle of the road as you round a curve! Been there - done that.:eek:
Well I live and work on a farm so it would be fairly handy if Duchess could bull a few things outta the way. Plus Irish drivers have the mentality that if they drive a range rover or a new bmw ect, they think they own the road, but if they see a motor that looks like it would do more damage then there's, they back off :)
Speed limits do not apply to Irish roads but thank god there isnt enough police to enforce those rules
That 2012 squad car Passat looks the sh1t! That style bull bar would be perfect.

Left Coast Resident

Ubẽr Clubbie
TDI
2001, 2002 & 2003 Jettas
. . .
well i live and work on a farm so it would be fairly handy if duchess could bull a few things outta the way.

is dutchess the car or the animal? I'm thinking of naming my cars, too.

plus irish drivers have the mentality that if they drive a range rover or a new bmw ect, they think they own the road, but if they see a motor that looks like it would do more damage then there's, they back off. :)

this is universal. Anytime i encounter a car who's condition screams "my owner has nothing to live for, absolutely nothing", i give them room and respect, too. Life's too short to give a douche bag an even 'auto derby' chance.

PussTDI

TDI
B5 VW Passat TDI 110bhp
Duchess is the name of my car :D All my car were called Duchess, I had a bike called Biddy once.

Thats the thing, if im going down I want to take as many innocent lives with me, but realistically speaking Im just going for the aggressive look for intimidation. People speeding and driving reckless doesn't really bother me as I occasionally dabble in it form time to time myself. What really grinds my gears is people driving 10-25mph under the speed limit. Thats ok on the motor way (free way) provided there in the slow lane, but the problem with Irish drivers is that they have there heads so far up there own asses they think they own the place and common sense goes out the window.

Dont get me wrong im a speeder at heart but not to the degree where i put other peoples lives in danger. People undertaking, overtaking on corners, jamming on the brakes if your any bit close behind them so they can claim off your insurance... I my opinion 97% of Irish drives are either blind def mutes driving around or some kind of mentally inferior washing machine.

Either they drive like mad max or like a 112 year old woman.
The remaining 3% just cruise around not causing traffic jams or pile up.

Thanks for listening to my rant ;)