fuses

jtskir222

TDI
2014 jetta wagon tdi 2015 passat b7 tdi
can some post a pic of the fuses and what they are from their vw manual?
I just picked up a 2015 passat used and it does not have one ...
Or does anyone have one they dont need? I like to keep one in the car.

thanks
mark

roni024

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL DSG
The manuals don't include the fuse panel layout. I tried to get one from both VW USA and my local VW dealer, no dice. You may be able to find a pic online, or erWin.

I've never heard of any car manufacturer keeping that sort of info from a consumer before.

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
the '15 Pathfinder my wife bought this week just has a pic of where fuse panel is located, and says to bring to dealer if any problems. not unique to VW.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
can some post a pic of the fuses and what they are from their vw manual?
I just picked up a 2015 passat used and it does not have one ...
Or does anyone have one they dont need? I like to keep one in the car.
thanks
mark
Look on eBay for a copy of an owner's manual - prices and supply vary so look around. Be aware the head unit type (radio) differs from SE's and SEL's so if the head unit manual (it's a separate booklet) is important to you verify that it is for the actual head unit in your Passat. Of course this is not important if yours already has an aftermarket head unit or you plan to replace OEM head unit with aftermarket version.

You'll need the manual in order to figure out things like resetting the oil change interval reminder if you don't have VCDS. There are many things the manual explains about the NMS Passat which is more complicated than the A4 Jetta/Golf. I know a couple of weeks ago there were a few sellers offering the 2015 Passat manual on eBay. Good luck to you scoring one!

IXLR8

Veteran Member
TDI
12 Passat Platinum Gray, 02 Golf Black, 01 Jetta Black
Fuse box layout on the Passat seems to be dependent on features and options on the car. Which is why there is not a published fuse box layout. From what I understand dealers can get layout from the VW system based on your VIN, and they are not in a hurry to release that info.

Lincoln

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6 Speed MT
Many people think they don't have a manual, because it's easy to miss. Not saying that's necessarily the case for you, but if you haven't already, check inside the glove box - there is a slot for the manual ON TOP of the inside. It's very hard to see unless you know it's there and are looking for it.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I just picked up my 2015 Passat TDI Highline on Tuesday and I have a complete manual including the holder.

There is NO fuse chart in it, only a short paragraph telling you which color represents what amps.

That's why I posted the GOOGLE chart info since it does have pictures and some should be printable.

I looked over the whole lot of fuse postings and I believe that this is the one for a 2015 Passat since it does show separate fuses for left and right low beam and high beam, a fuse for the radio and phone system. I've printed it out and am going to check it against the fuse panel in my car.

https://motogurumag.com/i/vw-passat-fuse-box-diagram-RbmsFlh.jpg

Last edited:

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Printed the fuse layout, it's not for a 2015 Passat. At least not mine.