2013 Passat Left Low Beam Fuse?

Fortran

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
All,

This morning my car notified me that the left low beam wasn't working and, yep, it's not. So I went to the auto parts store, watched a bit of Youtube and replaced the bulb. Actually I replaced both left and right. And...left bulb doesn't work, right does.

So, my next thought is that the fuse might be bad, as that was one of the "steps" I skipped because I couldn't find a fuse box diagram (maybe I'm blind?). Does anyone know what fuse the left low beam is? I suppose if it's the same as the right low beam, well, I'm sunk since that works.

Thanks,
Matt

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
I think it's CCM controlled. If there is a fuse - it would not be shared with the other side. Disconnect and reconnect the battery to 'reset' the CCM and see if that helps.

If you search on the NMS/B7 vortex forum there is a list of fuses posted somewhere.

Fortran

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
I think it's CCM controlled. If there is a fuse - it would not be shared with the other side. Disconnect and reconnect the battery to 'reset' the CCM and see if that helps.
Ooh. Yeah. I'm not really at the 'disconnect battery' level of skill at the moment (at work, no tools, DIY useless). If I do this, does my radio lose all settings and whatnot?
If you search on the NMS/B7 vortex forum there is a list of fuses posted somewhere.
I'll head over now and take a look. Might post there if they are the fuse people.

Sorry for being a bit "don't know what I'm doing". I usually just take it into a dealer/mechanic, but I figured a headlight is something I should know how to replace. And, well, technically I did, but just not well/correctly/wouldn't have helped.

Fortran

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=426886&highlight=headlight+recall

Check out post #4. This might be helpful. There are other threads on this (which is a known issue!) that might help, as well.

It's possible your car's headlights (IF within the VIN range) never had the recall done?

Good luck!
Huh. I check my VIN every so often at safercar and the only thing at present for mine is the 'kill-you' airbag recall that is part-less.

Would be nice if this was a recall issue, but it lasted a long time without any issue.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Contact the dealer with VIN. My 2012 lights never failed, but the dealer replaced them anyway.
If you've not abused your car by dropping the hood from a high position, maybe you've extended the life of the headlight assembly.

jjblbi

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SEL TDI
My left bulb also went out and a replacement bulb did not help. If I manipulated the bulb holder it would work. I ended up removing the entire housing, cleaning the contacts and bending them for slightly more tension. You have to remove the grill to get the housing out, check YouTube.

Good luck, John

Fortran

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
My left bulb also went out and a replacement bulb did not help. If I manipulated the bulb holder it would work. I ended up removing the entire housing, cleaning the contacts and bending them for slightly more tension. You have to remove the grill to get the housing out, check YouTube.

Good luck, John
In the end, the answer was the socket that the bulb plugs into. At some point some plastic had melted onto one of the contacts and that did it. The service tech got me a replacement socket for $20 and boom, two headlights!