VW Rejecting Non-Clean Titles?

halbert

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 sportwagen
hi guys deadline is coming find out what we can do about all rejected claims as soon as possible before we lost everything.
It is my understanding that if a claim is on file, even if it's sitting there with all green checkmarks, we're still good till Dec 1. As I noted earlier, I've set myself an internal deadline that if I don't have a response from the CRC by Nov 1, and an actual offer letter in hand by Nov 15, then no later than the 20th of November I will send in the eligible owner restitution letter so that I get something.

WISCO

TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
The Bosch Settlement Check for the full amount (!!!) arrived in the mail today for a July 11 rebuilt TDI turn in. This is fairly standard timing of Bosch payment on clean title vehicles.

logmaster

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Wagon
Does anyone know what are the exact guidelines for owner restitution for rebuilt title cars that were sold? We have 5 cars, 4 of them had a rebuilt title between 4-8/2015 and one had a rebuilt title on 11/2015, all were sold between 10/15-5/16...

Do we have any chance getting anything?

Jkhalil123

TDI
golf
Does anyone know what are the exact guidelines for owner restitution for rebuilt title cars that were sold? We have 5 cars, 4 of them had a rebuilt title between 4-8/2015 and one had a rebuilt title on 11/2015, all were sold between 10/15-5/16...
hi we missed seller deadline on 08/2016 you can't do nothing. my opinion

Last edited:

halbert

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 sportwagen
Odds are, based on history, that you won't get anywhere...but file away, you may wind up surprised.

joneloo

TDI
12 Touareg
The Bosch Settlement Check for the full amount (!!!) arrived in the mail today for a July 11 rebuilt TDI turn in. This is fairly standard timing of Bosch payment on clean title vehicles.
WISCO, did you have to do anything for the Bosch settlement or you were automatically part of the settlement?

I sent them an email and I got the following response:

"While the vehicle had a clean title as of September 18, 2015, the original owner of the VIN totaled the vehicle during the eligibility period and research shows that you purchased the vehicle after its title was branded.

The Bosch Settlement Parties have recognized this situation presents the potential for over allocating settlement funds to a given vehicle. As such, per guidance from the Bosch Settlement Parties, claimants who purchase branded-title vehicles after the end of the Settlement Period are placed on hold pending a policy decision from the Parties.”

As far as I know Bosch offers compensations only after VW took possession of the car so I don't see the potential for over allocating settlement funds to a given vehicle.

Anyone else with the same issue?

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Week of June 16th received confirmation that my 11 Touareg salvage title was eligible for buyback.

Week of June 23rd initiated a new claim in the portal, initial offer included 1/2 restitution.

Week of August 13th received written offer, NO restitution.

Now, a year after the CRC got my package it's time to send in notarized paperwork and schedule buyback.

Hoping that the 1/2 restitution will follow. :)

CalGuy

TDI
Q5
Got an email last week; basically saying that although the September 1 deadline is approaching - not to worry - the CRC is performing a 'thorough' review and I have until December 30 IF determined eligible.
Has anyone else received this.
Submitted to CRC in April.

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
Received the same thing but it doesn't guarantee it'll get accepted

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Jkhalil123

TDI
golf
Got an email last week; basically saying that although the September 1 deadline is approaching - not to worry - the CRC is performing a 'thorough' review and I have until December 30 IF determined eligible.
Has anyone else received this.
Submitted to CRC in April.
Received the same thing but it doesn't guarantee it'll get accepted

Vdog

TDI
A couple
Claims Review Committee letter received in the mail

RE: Volkswagen/Audi 2.0-Liter TDI Settlement Program
Claim No: xxxxxxxxx

Dear xxxxxx

We write to notify you of the decision on your appeal to the Court-appointed Claims Review Committee. The Claims Review Committee is composed of one representative from Volkswagen, one representative from Settlement Class Counsel, and a Court-appointed "Neutral," who is called upon to resolve any disagreements between the Claims Review Committee's other members, should they arise. Under the terms of the 2.0-Liter Class Action Settlement, determinations by the Claims Review Committee constitute final decisions that are not subject to any further appeal.

The Claims Review Committee has carefully reviewed you appeal and determined that you are not eligible for benefits under the terms of the 2.0-Liter Class Action Settlement. Your vehicle is considered ineligible because it is a salvage branded (total loss) vehicle and therefore not operable or cannot be legally registered and/or driven. The stated goal of the 2.0-Liter Class Action Settlement is to "compensate owners or lessees of Eligible Vehicles for any harm they suffered as a result of the emissions issues and to ensure that Volkswagen's 2.0-liter TDI vehicles do not generate excess NOx emissions." Because your vehicle cannot be legally driven and you are not the owner or lessee who suffered the original harm caused by the vehicle's TDI emissions issues, your claim is not consistent with the goal of the 2.0-Liter Class Action Settlement and is not eligible for compensation. As such, your appeal to the Claims Review Committee is denied. Because this vehicle has been deemed ineligible to participate in the TDI Settlement Claim Program, no new claims submitted under this VIN will be accepted. For Further information on the settlement, including the Court-approved Settlement Agreement and Notice, please visit https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/2-0-models/.

Sincerely,
Claims Review Committe

Master

TDI
Passat TDI
I have reached out to the leading counsel about three weeks ago, she has advised me to get rid of branded title somehow, so that title shows reconstructed rebuilt. I found a way to fix that in Oregon, waiting for my new title express in seven days. My fingers are crossed, and I hope that decision wont be made before it gets here. Same story, shows branded on my title, car is operable and legally registered. I can’t believe that CRC can’t put a little more effort and find out why in the world branded vehicles are legally registered and operable in the state of Oregon which is in my case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jp77texags

TDI
14 each, 2015 Touareg, 2015 Beetle, Passat, Jetta, Golf., 2014 Passat and Jetta, 2013 Passat and Jetta, 2012 Jetta 3 each, etc.
Hi Master,
VW came out and changed the rules on our Rebuilt Titles.
There is a cut off date of 28 Feb. 2018, for Rebuilt titles. If your title is rebuilt by that date you are good to go with your claim. If it isnt then you are SOL.

I had two denied claims, that i could not sell back because I missed the Feb 2018 cutoff date which i did not know about.

OilBurningBrit

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW TDI DSG
file:///C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/5261-August-27-2018-Report-on-the-2.0-Liter-Re.pdf

That's a link to a file on your PC - nobody else will be able to access it. You'll have to upload to a cloud storage/file sharing service and link to that if you want people to be able to look at it (or provide a link to the original site from which you downloaded).

E2Tdi

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
We have retained a law firm and are proceeding with legal action to make VW meet the terms and conditions of the original settlement agreement. Our case is on contingent basis, you don't pay unless you recover.

Send me a PM or email me at dieselbuyback@gmail.com if you interested in participating.

Kaly

TDI
Jetta
Hi I just found this forum thanks for posting my Jetta tdi Was declined and i appealed the decision over 2 months ago I’m wondering how long did it take for you to get the decision thanks in advance

duratitus

Veteran Member
TDI
Several different models. Selling them back to VW
From what I've seen it looks like CRC descisions can take as long as 1 year, although I expect that most 2.0 CRC appeals will be completed before December 1st, since December 30th is the deadline for claims to be completed under the 2.0 settlement.

The appeal I sent in to the CRC took 11 months.......

Last edited:

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Week of June 16th received confirmation that my 11 Touareg salvage title was eligible for buyback.

Week of June 23rd initiated a new claim in the portal, initial offer included 1/2 restitution.

Now, a year after the CRC got my package it's time to send in notarized paperwork and schedule buyback.

Attempted vehicle return on 8/30/18, drove vehicle 100 miles. Started video process to return car...No Start, end of attempt. Fought with VW for an hour stating no where in their literature did ut say "Must Start" under its own power, only that it must be driven.

Drove home, left vehicle as round trip would have put me into next mileage bracket.

Returned the next day. Again, No start and on top of that not enough power to even pop the thing open. VW dealership broke in and I pulled the battery and bought the cheapest I could find at Autozone. $60 later the thing started and i sailed through the process in about 15 minutes.

9/4, email from Chase stating funds were ready for EFT.

ALMOST done!

Hoping that the restitution will follow.

CalGuy

TDI
Q5
Attempted vehicle return on 8/30/18, drove vehicle 100 miles. Started video process to return car...No Start, end of attempt. Fought with VW for an hour stating no where in their literature did ut say "Must Start" under its own power, only that it must be driven.
Drove home, left vehicle as round trip would have put me into next mileage bracket.
Returned the next day. Again, No start and on top of that not enough power to even pop the thing open. VW dealership broke in and I pulled the battery and bought the cheapest I could find at Autozone. $60 later the thing started and i sailed through the process in about 15 minutes.
9/4, email from Chase stating funds were ready for EFT.
ALMOST done!
Hoping that the restitution will follow.
Can you tell us why this car was rejected in the first place?
Thanks

2010TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan TDI 6MT, 2010 Jetta SportWagen TDI DSG (sold), 2014 Jetta Sedan TDI DSG (sold), 2015 Golf SportWagen TDI DSG
That sucks. Did they not offer you a jump so that you could show that it runs, or was it that they were sticking to it has to start by itself too (hence the argument)? This seems like another of those issues that was ignored last year but they are being picky/sticky now (whether right or wrong).