www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old August 5th, 2018, 03:32   #1966
halbert
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurkin89 View Post
I would strongly suggest anyone with limbo account to open a new one ASAP, cut off date getting close. On of the cars my account was in limbo for over a year, created a new one account with new email I received an offer letter within a month and turned the car in already. Old account still showing under review!!!
So, if a vehicle has all green checkmarks but no offer--or is under review by CRC, which deadline applies? The Sept 1 deadline for filing or the Dec 1 deadline for having an signed offer letter at VW?
halbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2018, 04:05   #1967
yurkin89

TDI(s): 2014 Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by halbert View Post
So, if a vehicle has all green checkmarks but no offer--or is under review by CRC, which deadline applies? The Sept 1 deadline for filing or the Dec 1 deadline for having an signed offer letter at VW?
Sep 1 is the deadline for filing a new claim, there was another member here that posted that he even recieved a call from VW after an appeal with CRC to open a new account after the appeal was ruled in his favor. Just posting what worked for me, good luck!
yurkin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2018, 13:34   #1968
CalGuy

TDI(s): Q5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzle View Post
The main issue is going to be that you were required to register your car in California within a couple weeks of bringing it into the state (or transferring it if you stayed in Nevada) but, since you didn't do that, you now have no way to prove it was legally on the road during that eligibility window (and it wasn't).
That means anyone evaluating your case is going to assume that it was not capable of being on the road legally rather than concluding it was but you were driving it without lawful authorization. Do you see the problem here? Your only explanation of why you are eligible for the money w/o those records is by establishing that you were breaking the law while driving the car (that is, *if* you fit into one of those relatively common scenarios of driving it under the old registration in Nevada or waiting until that registration expired before titling it in California).
Thank you for a well reasoned reply.
I will say - nobody knows when this car was brought to California. I didn't drive it. The registration in Nevada was good beyond when I switched to California. All available paperwork (DMV kept bill of sale from NV) shows that it was registered in Nevada until I registered it in California. Legally on the road in both states with no lapse.
Anyway - I'll submit and we'll see what happens.
Thanks again.
CalGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2018, 13:36   #1969
CalGuy

TDI(s): Q5

Quote:
I would strongly suggest anyone with limbo account to open a new one ASAP, cut off date getting close. On of the cars my account was in limbo for over a year, created a new one account with new email I received an offer letter within a month and turned the car in already. Old account still showing under review!!!
I have an appeal submitted to CRC 3 months ago. (Not NV car from prior post) No word. I'm tempted to open a new account but...........has anyone had success with this?
CalGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2018, 16:58   #1970
halbert
Veteran Member

Quote:
Sep 1 is the deadline for filing a new claim, there was another member here that posted that he even recieved a call from VW after an appeal with CRC to open a new account after the appeal was ruled in his favor. Just posting what worked for me, good luck!
I'm creating for myself a Nov 15 deadline to receive a new offer letter. If one doesn't come by then, I will submit the 'eligible owner restitution' offer letter shortly after that, to make sure it's in their hands by Dec 1. At least that way I'll get something.

Anybody want to bet whether the CRC will have finished their work by then?
Old August 5th, 2018, 18:37   #1971
bizzle
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalGuy View Post
Thank you for a well reasoned reply.
I will say - nobody knows when this car was brought to California. I didn't drive it. The registration in Nevada was good beyond when I switched to California. All available paperwork (DMV kept bill of sale from NV) shows that it was registered in Nevada until I registered it in California. Legally on the road in both states with no lapse.
Anyway - I'll submit and we'll see what happens.
Thanks again.
You'd have to cross reference Nevada's laws. My prediction is there will be a string of laws that address people expiring the previous owner's registration before paying for their own. It might be something like in California you have two weeks to register the vehicle. Then you say well it was in Nevada for those months, but Nevada probably has some law requiring you to declare residency within some short span of time (like two weeks) and mandating you get a license. People do this all the time, but the laws don't allow it even though they don't usually get busted. Submit your claim and best of luck to you but it's not clean cut.
bizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2018, 18:33   #1972
VegasP

https://buybackclaims.com/

Spread the word on your local craigslist.
VegasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2018, 11:32   #1973
yurkin89

Dear X:

Based on the documents and information you have provided as part of your claim with Reference No. Xxxx, you are not eligible to participate in the 2.0-Liter Settlement Claims Program. The reason(s) for your ineligibility is described below.

Vehicle is not eligible - Your vehicle is not eligible to participate in the Settlement Program.

Just got the email. This is for stage 2 fix, purchased the car a week ago.
Stage 1 was done with previous owner, than was wrecked and ended up on IAAI.

Last edited by yurkin89; August 9th, 2018 at 21:05.
Old August 9th, 2018, 13:51   #1974
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

Quote:
Dear X:
Based on the documents and information you have provided as part of your claim with Reference No. Xxxx, you are not eligible to participate in the 2.0-Liter Settlement Claims Program. The reason(s) for your ineligibility is described below.
Vehicle is not eligible - Your vehicle is not eligible to participate in the Settlement Program.
Just got the email. This is for stage 2 fix, purchased the car a week ago.
Stage 2 was done with previous owner, than was wrecked and ended up on IAAI.
If the car already had both fixes done already, why did you think it would still be eligible for buyback? It is either the fix or buyback not both. I see nothing wrong with rejecting this claim if it is as you just stated.

If I understand correctly the previous owner had both fixes done and collected his money. Then crashed the car and you ended up buying it. Then you tried to submit it for buyback.

2015 Beetle TDI.

Last edited by Lightflyer1; August 9th, 2018 at 13:53. Reason: Added quote
Lightflyer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2018, 18:06   #1975
Jkhalil123

TDI(s): jetta

hi guys deadline is coming find out what we can do about all rejected claims as soon as possible before we lost everything.
Jkhalil123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2018, 19:20   #1976
eth0r

TDI(s): MK4

Just received my offer letter for a rebuilt title car, sadly only vehicle value is offered
eth0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2018, 20:30   #1977
yurkin89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightflyer1 View Post
If the car already had both fixes done already, why did you think it would still be eligible for buyback? It is either the fix or buyback not both. I see nothing wrong with rejecting this claim if it is as you just stated.

If I understand correctly the previous owner had both fixes done and collected his money. Then crashed the car and you ended up buying it. Then you tried to submit it for buyback.
Applied for stage 2 fix, not buyback. Previous owner had only stage 1 fix done.
Old August 9th, 2018, 20:40   #1978
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

Your post specifically said "Stage 2 was done with previous owner".

2015 Beetle TDI.
Lightflyer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2018, 03:31   #1979
halbert
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkhalil123 View Post
hi guys deadline is coming find out what we can do about all rejected claims as soon as possible before we lost everything.
It is my understanding that if a claim is on file, even if it's sitting there with all green checkmarks, we're still good till Dec 1. As I noted earlier, I've set myself an internal deadline that if I don't have a response from the CRC by Nov 1, and an actual offer letter in hand by Nov 15, then no later than the 20th of November I will send in the eligible owner restitution letter so that I get something.
Old August 10th, 2018, 10:26   #1980
WISCO

The Bosch Settlement Check for the full amount (!!!) arrived in the mail today for a July 11 rebuilt TDI turn in. This is fairly standard timing of Bosch payment on clean title vehicles.
WISCO is offline   Reply With Quote