www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You




Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Future TDIFests

Future TDIFests Discussions about future TDIfests

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old July 27th, 2018, 11:17   #211
bhtooefr
TDIClub Enthusiast
ToofTek Inventor
 
bhtooefr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Newark, OH
TDI(s): None
Default

March 2016, and all along, the estimates were that the earliest deliveries would be late 2017.

The earliest deliveries were late 2017. It's a product in demand, the competition is still lackluster, and the reservation fee was relatively cheap.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug_Nut View Post
The really cool ToofTek made "Emperor's Clothes" injector fork risers only worked until someone pointed out that there wasn't any thing there.
bhtooefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2018, 07:16   #212
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast
 
VeeDubTDI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Springfield, VA
Fuel Economy: see signature
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkhoury View Post
Tesla still hasn't delivered them yet? Didn't they start taking reservations for it in like 2015? I don't know how they stay in business with a crowd funding business model like that.
We placed our reservation on day 1: March 31, 2016 and we could have had a rear-wheel-drive Model 3 a couple of months ago. Because we take lots of road trips, we decided to hold out for the all-wheel-drive version for better traction in bad weather (and more power... 4.5 seconds 0-60). We placed our order on June 27th and should have it by end of summer or early fall.
__________________


Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2018, 17:24   #213
Twitch
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New jersey
Default

a tdifest at New Jersey Motorsport Park would be fun plenty of room and can have open track time for a 2018 tdifest or 2019
Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2018, 17:53   #214
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member
 
3L3M3NT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sturgeon Bay, WI
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
a tdifest at New Jersey Motorsport Park would be fun plenty of room and can have open track time for a 2018 tdifest or 2019
Unfortunately you're way to late to try to have a TDIFest in 2018, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to start planning for a 2019 TDIFest.

I know when I was apart of the group that organized the 2016 TDIFest it took us 8 months to plan everything out and that was after I was able to scout out a location for the TDIFest to be held way back in early October of 2015. You never know how early a place can book out for events, so your best to inquire asap if they would be up for holding an event on Labor Day weekend 2019.

Then comes the hard part...finding 5-6 people willing to help dedicate their free time to making the TDIFest happen.

Good luck and hopefully you can make it happen.
__________________
Sturgeon Bay, WI Cruise/GTG October 20th, 2018
Photobucket embedded image fix inserted 5/10/2018.
Fix if you're using Chrome: Chrome fix
Firefox fix
RTDI Build Thread
3L3M3NT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2018, 17:51   #215
Extreme VW
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Jupiter
TDI(s): mk7 GSW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3L3M3NT View Post
Unfortunately you're way to late to try to have a TDIFest in 2018, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to start planning for a 2019 TDIFest.
I know when I was apart of the group that organized the 2016 TDIFest it took us 8 months to plan everything out and that was after I was able to scout out a location for the TDIFest to be held way back in early October of 2015. You never know how early a place can book out for events, so your best to inquire asap if they would be up for holding an event on Labor Day weekend 2019.
Then comes the hard part...finding 5-6 people willing to help dedicate their free time to making the TDIFest happen.
Good luck and hopefully you can make it happen.

Since this thread has been stirred back up... where is the best place to hold the event
Extreme VW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2018, 20:00   #216
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member
 
3L3M3NT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sturgeon Bay, WI
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme VW View Post
Since this thread has been stirred back up... where is the best place to hold the event
Usually a hotel that has room for +/- 125-130 people, ample parking space, the hotel would need a conference room, an area that has other activities to do (drag strip, track, scenic roads, museum, tour of something diesel related cummins, cat, etc), a place to have meals together, and I'm sure there are a few other things that would draw TDIClub members to a TDIFest that I can't think of...

Something that might ruin an event is having it in a location that is too hot. Like 85 degrees F or more would be tough, since most of the activities are usually held outside.
__________________
Sturgeon Bay, WI Cruise/GTG October 20th, 2018
Photobucket embedded image fix inserted 5/10/2018.
Fix if you're using Chrome: Chrome fix
Firefox fix
RTDI Build Thread
3L3M3NT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 19:41   #217
Extreme VW
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Jupiter
TDI(s): mk7 GSW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3L3M3NT View Post
Usually a hotel that has room for +/- 125-130 people, ample parking space, the hotel would need a conference room, an area that has other activities to do (drag strip, track, scenic roads, museum, tour of something diesel related cummins, cat, etc), a place to have meals together, and I'm sure there are a few other things that would draw TDIClub members to a TDIFest that I can't think of...
Something that might ruin an event is having it in a location that is too hot. Like 85 degrees F or more would be tough, since most of the activities are usually held outside.
85 degrees, so Florida is out of the question
Extreme VW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:11   #218
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member
 
3L3M3NT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sturgeon Bay, WI
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme VW View Post
85 degrees, so Florida is out of the question
You're more than welcome to try, but I'm not sure how great of a turn out you would have with those kind of conditions.
__________________
Sturgeon Bay, WI Cruise/GTG October 20th, 2018
Photobucket embedded image fix inserted 5/10/2018.
Fix if you're using Chrome: Chrome fix
Firefox fix
RTDI Build Thread
3L3M3NT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:26   #219
tomo366
TDI Lifer
 
tomo366's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1997
Location: Kensington, Maryland USA
Default

The 1st ever TDI Fest was held in Wilmington NC it was nasty Hot and Humis and hellacious storms nearly daily most since then were is the north east or Midwest with the exception of Utah an Oregon.....I think the Fest days are pretty much done.....
__________________
My page is Dedicated to the Memory of
Christopher Farnham RIP my friend!
Great friend and supporter of TDICLUB
2015 Jetta TDI SEL Tornado red
2014 BMW 328D XDrive Glacier Silver
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black!

Last edited by tomo366; Yesterday at 20:31.
tomo366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TDIFest 2016 location discussion maybe368 Future TDIFests 414 May 4th, 2016 00:04
Philly area Monthly GTG (TDIFEST planning too) Leo819 Eastern USA 9 May 17th, 2006 17:25
2004 West Coast TDIFest! (Let's Start Planning) dlai West Coast Canada/USA 52 April 22nd, 2004 19:15


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright - TDIClub Online LTD - 2017
Contact Us | Privacy Statement | Forum Rules | Disclaimer
TDIClub Online Ltd (TDIClub.com) is not affiliated with the VWoA or VWAG and is supported by contributions from viewers like you.
1996 - 2017, All Rights Reserved
Page generated in 0.15145 seconds with 13 queries
[Output: 100.62 Kb. compressed to 86.82 Kb. by saving 13.80 Kb. (13.71%)]