www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Other TDI/Diesel Picture Gallery

Other TDI/Diesel Picture Gallery Do you have a TDI or Diesel not listed above? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old June 13th, 2017, 03:05   #106
xjay1337
Veteran Member

In other news, I decided to paint my front calipers to match the rears.

Before:

After:

2017-06-13_10-44-26 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Also went to AKS and got the clutch swapped out - FINALLY - it lasted about 2 days after mapping. Nearly 60k on the previous 6 Paddle and DMF kit so lasted very well indeed.
Replaced with new 6 Paddle unit and SMF. SMF comes with higher clamp force cover plate.

This was the flywheel when it came out.

20170608_140536 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

The clutch plate itself had hardly worn. But the flywheel and cover plate had seen better days.
It does rattle quite a bit on idle without the clutch depressed but it revs quicker and just feels nicer in general.

Also fitted a clutch bypass switch. You always had to have the clutch depressed to start the car before but now it doesn't need that.
This was done as when fitting SMF kits it can damage the thrust bearing which can kill the engine so better to be safe than sorry.

While it was in the air we did the oil and filter. It was replaced when Bobby rebuilt the engine and now swapped it again just to be safe. Now running Millers CFS NT+ 5w40.

Done around 2000 miles on the new head turbo etc and nothing has broken or blown up

Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, 340hp 625nm Built and mapped by Bobby Singh , THS IC, Revo/Forge Custom Intake, Mocal Oil Cooler, 3 Eurojet TBE, AKS Quickshifter, Recaro Pole Positions, Schroth 4 point harnesses, Rear seat removal, R bumper, Carbon Fibre GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, AM DB9 front brakes, Audi S3 rears, Polar FIS, Hertz Audio
xjay1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2017, 04:40   #107
xjay1337
Veteran Member

Got all the suspension on on Tuesday. New Bilstein PSS10/B16. It took a bit longer than anticipated so I ended up getting a lift home on Tuesday evening and collected the car on Thursday.

Also got full Superpro rear bush kit, new drop links front and rear, new rear top mounts, and some modifications to my turbo intake pipe and boost pipework.

It's amazing!! So much better. You can certainly tell the suspension is a quality item rather than a budget lowering option. It's actually ever so slightly higher than it was before now too but hey ho.

IMG_20170711_194314_205 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

FB_IMG_1500282516058 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Tested it out at Donnington Park on Sunday at VAG Tuner VW show.
As a package it was very, very capable. Next chassis mod is a LSD but given the power and torque it does manage really well without one.
Unfortunately I got black flagged twice as I was tripping the noise meters ... 98db driveby, I was around 101 db.

Few pics from the trackday a week ago. The car behaved perfectly.

Cheers Jhk__photography for pics. by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Cheers Jhk__photography for pics. by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, 340hp 625nm Built and mapped by Bobby Singh , THS IC, Revo/Forge Custom Intake, Mocal Oil Cooler, 3 Eurojet TBE, AKS Quickshifter, Recaro Pole Positions, Schroth 4 point harnesses, Rear seat removal, R bumper, Carbon Fibre GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, AM DB9 front brakes, Audi S3 rears, Polar FIS, Hertz Audio

Last edited by xjay1337; July 26th, 2017 at 05:59.
xjay1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2017, 21:18   #108
jerrymander
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 286 lbft

This is the car we wish we had over here. Maybe in 20 more years I'll be able to import one...
jerrymander is offline   Reply With Quote