Do Golf IV GL front seats fold flat?

sven

Could I get a reasonably flat surface by folding down the rear and front seats of a GL? I would like to be able to inflate an air mattress ( Aerobed 39x75 inches ) in the car if I need a place to sleep.

Sven

DEZLBOY

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, Candy White
Reasonably flat. see interior pics and click near the bottom of chart for a larger picture.

------------------
DEZLBOY
Cannon Mats/WeatherTech Cargo Liner/DaDaDa Cassette/Autobahn CD/Two Guys in the Golf Sunscreen/Popup Skeleton Toy
Waiting for White/blk Golf GLS TDI w/lux, CWP.

cars wanted

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS-TDI, 2000, white/beige
My new Golf GLS-TDI has 4 doors, and so the front seats do not fold forwards. I had a 2-door 1982 diesel Rabbit, however, and its front seats did fold forward, but not entirely all the way down flat. It was, however, flat enough for me to slide in a coffin. That should be enough length to sleep on.
If you are still uncertain, why not just find a dealer with a 2-door Golf handy, and try it out first-hand?

DEZLBOY

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, Candy White
sven....OH! Front seat?!? DOH!!!

Sorry...can't help you there...

------------------
DEZLBOY
Cannon Mats/WeatherTech Cargo Liner/DaDaDa Cassette/Autobahn CD/Two Guys in the Golf Sunscreen/Popup Skeleton Toy
Waiting for White/blk Golf GLS TDI w/lux, CWP.

sven

Thanks for the response DEZLBOY, but I am most interested in the front seat. How flat does it go since 75 inches is greater then the distance from hatchback to back of front seat.

Sven