Hevster1 Grand reopening RE-OPENING NEW LOCATION! Montague NJ!

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
If you're unable to determine the gender of the beast, bring it to the nearest lake and see if it floats... if it does, it's a Buoy Scout...

(Sorry about that...)

Yuri

GaryTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 VW Beetle TDI 5MT
Mike did an IP swap for me today to an 11mm pump on my Beetle. Long story short... Mike is the best!

Thermo1223

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Jetta 5M-'04 JW A5
I never gave Mike a proper review after all the work he did for me.

He worked on my now gone 2004 Wagon w/ auto. So the first thing after purchasing it was run it up to him and have he T-belt done with some other odds & ends. It was changed on time by a VW dealer but we all know how that can go. Wouldn't you know it the rollers were not replaced.

Cam looked fine and it ran well enough so that was on the back burner till it needed to be done.

Transmission while slow in shifting sometimes wasn't horrible even Mike said don't touch it till it breaks. Change the fluid and be happy.

Fast forward to the new suspension Koni FSD's which now barely had 10k miles on them and will be sitting in a junkyard somewhere along with all the other rebuilt suspension bits. He was thorough and even talked me into them a bit because with the special it wasn't much more than the Reds which I was going to get.

I couldn't have been more amazed at how the car felt compared to the sloppy worn OEM. I just wish I would have had more time to enjoy it.

It doesn't hurt that Mike always has a story to tell!

silverstick

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta GLS (160K miles), and '05 Jetta GLS wagon (120K)
Mike, thanks for pricing out that rear-view mirror for the station wagon so quickly. I hope to see you soon for the other work we discussed. You and Maria have a great holiday.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
Any tire specials coming up? I'm leaning towards the michelin primacy mxm4 for my Passat in 235-40-19 size. That or the continental contiprocontact. Have a good one - John

p377y7h33f

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon 5-Speed in Tornado Red
mike, i bought another set of springs for the rear. theyre coming from canada this time. shouldnt take more than a week... will give you a call tomorrow.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
John, Michelins are either 243.25 or 261.50 depending on if the cheaper warehouse has them available. The conti's are 246.77 each.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
Cool - thanks. Guess I gotta make a decision... Oh - someone on the east coast thread (from NJ) is looking for a Malone dealer - you are one, right?

NORICE4ME

TDI
03 jetta
Hey mike i have been emailing you recently (deadguy11) and i found this thread just now. I aaked you about a tb install on an 03 tdi. I was wondering if u could pm me a price for new rear shocks/ front struts and bearing caps etc as well thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

trumps2000

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI?
Great, a worthy TDI mechanic in my area!

Mike I might have to schedule an appointment if I can't figure out whats wrong with my car. Not to get too into it but it kicked a P0404 EGR perf. Unplugging the EGR restored power, but now I get the dreaded P2564 turbo actuator. Hope its the wires :/

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
I haven't been here in a while so time to update. I have been routinely booking 2-3 weeks back. If you need to get in touch with me, the best way is to call the shop or e-mail me at mmautcyc1@gmail.com.
Something new is coming in about a month or 2 so stay tuned.
Stay warm everyone! Watch out for the coming snow.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Hope everyone did ok yesterday.
I am getting excellent feedback on the Conti Pure contacts I have been selling. It looks like it may become a "go-to tire" like the Primacy. I have another set going on tomorrow.

Last edited:

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
If you are planning on coning up, please be extra careful. My lot is very icy and there is no salt to be found anywhere.
I have been considering the purchase of the tuning tool for 09 and up TDI's. I am going to do it but not before April. At that point I should have another announcement or 2 of interest to TDI owners.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Hey Mike build a bomb fire LoL. It must be hell up there.