1966 beetle question sponsorships

rwtags

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2000 Beetle
Hi, im getting ready to paint my VW 1966 beetle, and i am wondering if i can just get some logos to throw on it to make it look sponsored, but not asking the company if i can put it on my car.. like mobil one, wonder bread, microsoft, nike, verizon, google, old spice, ebay, redbull gatorade, nhl,intel and other names, anyone know if this is legal or illegal? it seems fine with me, anyone else think its wrong?

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
Why would you give anyone free advertising? That is beyond me. I suppose if you like the looks of a logo, then fine, but me. Heck no. Make that double-heck no!

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Ditto with leicaman. I'm not even interested in having the VW logos on my car anymore, but so far I've been too lazy to take them off.

I will change my mind when the check arrives, and doesn't bounce.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Do whatever you want with the decals. If you can buy them from a reputable source, the owners of the logos know what may become of them. Any time you buy an Apple product, you get several stickers. I have them in many places, not just the car.

rwtags

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2000 Beetle
Do whatever you want with the decals. If you can buy them from a reputable source, the owners of the logos know what may become of them. Any time you buy an Apple product, you get several stickers. I have them in many places, not just the car.
I like the look of rally cars, and these would not be stickers, these will be spray painted onto the car, thats why i chose easy logos, just wondering if its legal, thanks for all the help, i might get a photo up when its done, its all primed and ready for the base coat. Obviously im not going for oringality, because im using can spray paint.. but i just dont have time and dont want to spend 900 dollars for a nice paint job, when i can do it for 70 bucks, and 50 for the clear spray paint. im happy with it just primed.. but peopel say it can still rust when its primed, so im gonna paint it, and make it personalized.

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
... but peopel say it can still rust when its primed, so im gonna paint it, ...
Yup. Primer, made to be soft enough to sand easily and well, is too porous to protect against rust.

You might think about some brushable urethane paints for the base coat. It self levels to look as good as any spray job - amazing for brushing it on.

GL

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I have a firm policy in place when it comes to my roadrace motorcycle.

No stickers unless they're paying for the privilege (or unless the rulebook says I have to run a particular sticker).