09 Jetta TDI Keeps popping small hose off Air intake duct

owen3439

TDI
2009 Jetta
A small 1/4" hose located on top of the air intake duct keepsa popping off. It is not secured or clamped, just pressed on. What is this hose for? Keeps popping off. Doesn't seem to affect driveability.

Dodoma

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta White
Usually when you see holes plugged, they are meant for some use of the same component on another vehicle (such as passat). You may seal it permanenty by welding of using J-B Weld to avoid it popping out.

Last edited:

ChuChu

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan
Dodoma said:
Usually when you see holes plugged, they are meant for some us of the same component on another vehicle (such as passat). You may seal it permanenty by welding of using J-B Weld to avoid it popping out.
hose <> holes

Most vacuum hoses should be secured with a clamp, perhaps yours fell off?

Mach1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
05.5 Jetta 5 spd, 06 Jetta DE DSG, 04 F250 6L, 2000 F250 7.3L
Wire tie..tie wire..small clamp..if it works, use it...

alnmike

Veteran Member
TDI
Hmm, how bout getting some locktite and slipping it on, without driving it overnight. Dont want anything strong enough to never be able to remove it, and thats a really weird place to put a clamp.

philip_g

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta
alnmike said:
Hmm, how bout getting some locktite and slipping it on, without driving it overnight. Dont want anything strong enough to never be able to remove it, and thats a really weird place to put a clamp.
Hairspray would probably do the trick just fine too.

there's another thread on this recently I'll see if I can find it.

Elfnmagik

Veteran Member
TDI
Currently De-Dub'd
Yup, that's the one I was referring to. I just removed mine to do the DSG fluid change. I thought I was gonna tear it. It went back on equally as tight. I would not use any strong adhesives. When you slide it all the way down onto the nipple, does it easily slide right off? If so, you might want to readjust the entire tube starting at the clips farther back, carefully pulling the tubing more forward to give some slack so it's not under tension pulling away. If that doesn't work, you could try wrapping black electrical tape around the nipple to build it up enough to hold or the hairspray will work as well, but use it sparingly.