My first 800 mile tank!

Derek_tdi

TDI
2006 Mercedes E320 CDI
Hello everyone, it's been a while since I've posted anything here, but I have been keeping up with the reading....

I just returned from a 2 week road trip from PA to Miami and places in between in my '06 E320 CDI. I decided to see just exactly how far I could get on one tank (21 gal) during my trip home last night - as you can see by the results, I'm more than happy. I filled up about an hour south of Atlanta (Fairview I believe) at a BP station ($2.60/gal) and proceeded to make a brief stop over in Charlotte - for this first leg of the trip, the car was averageing 41mpg with the cruise set at 65mph. Once I departed there and started home, you can see the MPG's dropped a bit, but over all it was an impressive run. I took this picture as I entered my garage back in PA, what isnt shown is that I could have traveled about another 100 miles or so before I would have realllly needed to fill up. I should have about another gallon in the tank, but will know for sure when I do fill up today sometime.

I'm in the process of sending Mercedes a quick note thanking them for the CDI.

My only thought last night was, "lets see a hybrid do THIS!!!" :)

Derek

p.s. - the picture is posted under my username..

Derek_tdi

TDI
2006 Mercedes E320 CDI
Better than I thought...

And, I was shocked to see that I only put in 18.3 gallons. After doing the math, my over all average was 41.8mpg (767 miles/18.3gal) WOW! :p

I really thought that the pump would shut off closer to the 20 gallon mark.