www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old November 13th, 2018, 16:27   #46
Yourbuddysatin
Veteran Member

Really? I didn’t think they were stable that high of boost. Thanks though!
Yourbuddysatin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2018, 18:52   #47
[486]
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 02 golf ALH
Fuel Economy: 42 stock, 47-49 now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXRPM View Post
you can boost that turbo to 40 psi all day long,
I kind of doubt that, the thrust bearings on anything up to gt25 (iirc, maybe higher than that) are just absolutely miniscule
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2018, 19:44   #48
p0wer
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourbuddysatin View Post
Well I thank you for the info. Great food for thought.
Np. Great if I could help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owain@malonetuning View Post
Main value in an 11mm pump is avoiding a second nozzle upgrade.
Not good update though, only stresses more timing belt and heats more fuel than stock pump. And no benefits compared to again enlarged enough big nozzles.

Quote:
dyno tuning is typically for heavily modded cars though, road logging is much better for most cases since you can do full drive sessions, plus dyno equipment isn't cheap.
Here it's totally normal that we always do custom from the beginning for stock or heavily modded cars on dyno or by driving. Many people dont trust only OBD-uploaded "crap" without fine tune, which is good. Thatś ridiculous many tuners does not even tune by himself, only sends files forward for editing or install tune without driving and then praise how good softwares they have

Quote:
Should data log your tune in 3rd gear from say 15-1800 rpm and have it adjusted if needed to dial back smoke if EMPs are too excessive. It shouldn't be falling flat like that and it will hurt turbo life.
Openin vanes from the problem area would solve the problem more than adjusting IQ. IQ decreasing does not drop EMP, usually it's contrarywise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXRPM View Post
you can boost that turbo to 40 psi all day long,
Yes it can be done. But again from my experiences, without significant benefits cause amount of air is barely increasing, only causes EMP and EGT raise and more stress for head gasket and turbo, especially with 2.0 and high flow head. But every one has their own style and let's have prooved results speak for themselves.

Let's take an example. What EMP have you had (at 1.9?) with 40psi of boost and 5000rpm and how much you got more power with 30 -> 40psi?

Last edited by p0wer; November 13th, 2018 at 20:00.
p0wer is offline   Reply With Quote