www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old November 9th, 2018, 21:23   #1
Popedallas

TDI(s): 2001
Default Replacing injectors 2001 tdi

I am looking to replace my injectors pretty soon, I have a couple questions if anyone can help me, itís a 2001 golf 1.9l stock other then a deleted egr, Iím looking for what type of injector to get? And if you where to do this do you need to have your injectors programed for the cylinder? Or can you just replace them and go!? Any help would be great thanks!
Popedallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2018, 21:50   #2
Nevada_TDI
Veteran Member

You do not mention if you have an auto or a 5 speed transmission, but let's just say it is a 5 speed with a factory 10mm IP. The new logical choice--if you want a bit more oomph--would be to upgrade one size to a .205 nozzle. You will have more power and likely better fuel economy if you keep your foot out of it... Since you are in Canada, Giles at performance diesel dot com is the man to talk to about refreshing your injectors back to spec and installing/balancing new nozzles. Good luck.
2001 Jetta GL TDI, Tinted, Ventectomy, Catectomy, EGR-ectomy, TDTuning, HIFLO .216's, Stealth 17/56 Garrett, VCDS Hex+CAN, South Bend Daily Driver 2 Clutch, DG Short Shifter, Frostheater, Baldwin Fuel Filter, Previous Diesel: 1983 Rabbit Diesel
Nevada_TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2018, 22:27   #3
Yourbuddysatin
Veteran Member

Oh boy....
Yourbuddysatin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 10:31   #4
Popedallas

TDI(s): 2001

Yes it is a 5 speed manual sorry forgot to mention! But thank you I will look into it
Popedallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 16:08   #5
Exenos
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 02 Golf

I'd recommend you start putting penetrating oil on the injectors well before you try to pull them. Mine took 3 days of soaking and working at them with a slide hammer before they came loose. I'll second .205's if you don't want a tune. Or .216's if you want to tune it or don't mins the extra smoke.
Exenos is offline   Reply With Quote