Audi Goodwill package

RebelTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi Q5 TDI, 2016 BMW 535d Xdrive
Thanks. I saw a discussion about this on an Audi forum. Audi owners in Canada had gotten letters about a Goodwill package. A lot of people were complaining about the $500 card that has to be spent at Audi, because they had already bought Audi care. I have Audi care, too. I'm covered through 45K miles. I think I may buy a set of 20 inch replacement tires for the Q5 with my $500. That won't cover the whole price, but it's a good discount and these cars tend to go through tires fairly quickly. One can always find a use for $500 if you put your mind to it. :) Now I have $1000 in unrestricted gift cards. If VW does do a buyback for the Gen 1 cars, I'd probably put the $ towards a replacement vehicle, maybe a pre-owned 328d or 535d. Depends on how long the process drags on.

TDI_Brad

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat TDI SEL
I spent my $500 visa from VW on a tune for my Passat and looked at a Q5 to spend my dealer $500 just to add it to my DP. But I may end up spending my VW $500 dealer card on tires or brakes and waiting to see what changes come for the 2017 Q5.
I've been lurking on Audizine drooling over the Q5 and SQ5's guys have on there. That is where I read about this Audi goodwill package.

Sent from my iPhone using TheChive - KCCO!

RebelTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi Q5 TDI, 2016 BMW 535d Xdrive
The 2017 Q7 is very nice and I'll bet the 2017 Q5 will be also. I think it's very likely they'll get the emissions sorted for the 3.0 TDIs. The 3.0 TDI is amazing. I had a 3.0 TFSI Q5 as a loaner the other day. Very nice, but the TDI feels just as strong with great mpgs. The TDI can't be beat for power and efficiency, IMHO. For me, the Q5 was the right size. The Q7 is too big. The Q5 makes me happy each I drive it.

ncsuengineer1

TDI
2012 JSW TDI 6M
Speaking of the goodwill package, does anyone know for sure if you can use the VW card at an Audi dealer? I asked my local VW dealer and they said I could only use it for parts and service, not a down payment (at VW).

TDI_Brad

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat TDI SEL
The sales guy I was talking to at the VW/Audi dealer I went to said I could use it on a DP but I did t actually purchase a new vehicle yet so I can't say for sure. I did just join ACNA so in six months when I'll be eligible for my Audi Club discount I will find out. Hopefully the 2017 Q5 will be out by the third quarter.

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
The sales guy I was talking to at the VW/Audi dealer I went to said I could use it on a DP but I did t actually purchase a new vehicle yet so I can't say for sure. I did just join ACNA so in six months when I'll be eligible for my Audi Club discount I will find out. Hopefully the 2017 Q5 will be out by the third quarter.

If you do the lifetime membership you can use the discount now I think.

eurocab

TDI
2004 Passat, 2010 Audi Q7
Thanks for this thread. I clicke on the link and put my vin in and was surprised that my 2010 Q7 was eligible.