Seattle, Victoria, Vancouver

tkindler

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 2003, white
This summer my wife and I are planning a trip to the Pacific Northwest. We will fly into Seattle, rent a car, (Dang I really would rather have my TDI) and make make the loop through Olymimpic Penninsula, to Victoria and Vancouver and back to Seattle. I would appreciate suggestions regarding things to see and do, places to stay, etc., that might not be in the standard tour books like Frommer's.

tadc

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf GLS TDI, '01, Black
Great plan. Perhaps you could describe the sort of activities you have in mind and how much time you have?

Olympic Penninsula: Hurricane Ridge.
Victoria: Parliment Buildings, Tea at the Empress hotel, Buchart's Gardens (they have fireworks every night in the summer, VERY cool), BC Provincial Museum.
Vancouver: Stanley park, Crystal Mountain, ?

One thing to consider, rather than driving to Port Angeles for the ferry to Victoria, you can drive to Anacortes WA and take the Washington state ferry to Victoria via the San Juan islands. The San Juans are very beautiful (and crowded). For either ferry, keep in mind that during the summer you may have to wait one or more sailings to get your car on.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Make sure you drop me an IM or e-mail me when you come across to Victoria. Always happy to meet a fellow Club member and I might be able to show you around a bit (in my TDI, just so you'll feel more at home!).