2003 Jetta TDI Security System Questions

TheKid7

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Sedan
After an accident my Door Lock/Security System seems to be not functioning properly. The Body Shop that did the work said that they will try to fix the problem next week after I give them some help with diagnostics (Basically, document what it is doing). In the accident the car was hit in the front right corner and the rear right corner (hydroplane spin-out bouncing off the center concrete dividers on an Interstate Highway).

Here are some observations so far:

1. A period of time (more than a few minutes) after the doors are locked with the Remote, the flashing red LED stops flashing and the Remote will not open the doors. When the doors are opened using the keys, the Remote starts working again. I then can lock and unlock the doors. (Has happened several times)

2. Once, all doors except the driver's door would open. Again, using the key made the system start working again.

3. Once, the driver's door unlocked when I turned off the engine.

There were some other weird things that happened related to the door locks but I forgot the details.

Please offer some suggestions.

Is there something "simple" that needs to be done to "reset"(?) the system?

Thank you.

winter

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (for sale) 2011 Sportwaggy
Oh how i HATE these immo. systems. :mad: I wish there was a simple solution here. The system need to be reset more than likely. But being at home i dont have access to my docs. You can always try removing both battery cables and then jumping them together with a wire and aligator clips for at least 24 hours. This saps all memory from all the control modules. When you reattach the cables to the battery, all modules will default to a base line program and hopefully your alarm/immo system will reset as well. :rolleyes:

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Your first step should be to check the instrument cluster and central convenience computer for fault codes with a VAG-COM.

-Jason