What did you do to your car today?

keggo

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
tothemax said:
Hooyah!

Congrads!!

How do U like them? what pads did U use?

Did U find it really improves your braking power?

P
Sorry Max, just saw this...

The change over stock is AWESOME! I need to do the rears now... which should change the feel again... in a good way. :)
I'm just using the stock pads that came on the TT.
Yeah, I was testing the braking power and I found myself getting a little nauseous with how much faster they bring you to a halt.

Crankous

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon GL 5speed w/Panzer FMJ, 2005 B5.5 passat auto, 2000 Golf 4 door 5 speed
I replaced the timing belt and all associated equip. on my 2001 TDI Jetta using the timing belt write up that Drivbiwire put together. I read the writeup about 20 times and then decided that it was something worth doing myself. I got the kit from dieselgeeks it was great! The only little hitch was that one of the bolts that they provided to push the old Water Pump out, broke... but with some effort I got the pump out. fired right up and runs great..

pizzaman

Vendor
TDI
2011 GOLF TDI
Kevin, you did perfect alignment on the red vinyl over the silver. Good job there. I guess you were concentrating on getting it centered properly and this is why the air bubbles happened. You can only see it in the closeup but it it bothers you, punch a hole with a pin or make a small slit with utility knife in the center of the bubble - this will open an escape route for the air. Use your nail to direct the air towards the slit (or a hole). When the air is gone and vinyl sticks well to the backing, you'll have a hard time seeing the slit and it will be 100% better than having a bubble there.

Here's a link on our site to help with vinyl application: http://needasticker.com/store/application

Later this week I'll post squeegees and vinyl removal tools on NEEDASTICKER.com at very reasonable price, so removing old vinyl and installing new decals will be a breeze from now on...

George

Lex4TDI4Life

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf-Ute TDI GLS 5spd Manual
I went over all of the exterior plastic trim - lower valences, mud flaps, mirror bases, and my ghetto euro rubs - with some kiwi leather dye. The black is really popping now. Very sexy!

TDICADDGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 BMW X5 35D
Did a cheap side-exit mufflerectomy today. Nailed a bump pretty hard, the muffler dropped and was hanging down and banging around. Upon further inspection it looks like one of the hanger rubbers was broke for awhile, and now the other one went. Went to O'Reilly and bought $20 of 2.25" pipe, clamps, hanger and an el-cheapo tip.

Took me 20 minutes to hack off the old pipe and to clamp and hang the new one out the side. Sounds good, looks good...love the turbo whistle. Spool-up is faster, I had been skeptical of that before but it actually is faster according to my McNally boost gauge. Not sure how EGT's were affected, since I still don't have my thermocouple fixed yet.

TDIparts downpipe, magnaflow cat, and 2.5" mandrel bent stainless side-exit coming in the near future.

Last edited:

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Installed my bike carriers on the roof rack. Rockymounts Pitchforks, 2 of them in black of course. Best bike rack I've ever seen IMHO...

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver

Finished installing my new seats.

They are from a 2003 Jetta Wolfsburg Edition. They are heated and since they are 03(instead of 01) they have the larger square bolsters as opposed to the rounded bolsters of earlier sport seats. The rears seats have slightly deeper seating areas than stock, and are also much firmer.

$200 from a guy on craigslist parting the car. Couldn't complain. :D

Ookpic

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 2Dr 5spd
Had my new clutch installed yesterday. DC Stage III+. Today, planning on the muffler delete.

Must mention the guys at Autobahn garage in London are great to deal with! Thanks!

KROUT

persona non grata
Not my vw's but I drilled big holes into the bed of my 07 chevy duramax. Then drilled about 10 holes threw the 1/2inch thick frame. Mounted my 5th wheel hitch. It was a ****** and took 5 hours. My camper is being delievered today.

TDICADDGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 BMW X5 35D
KROUT said:
Not my vw's but I drilled big holes into the bed of my 07 chevy duramax. Then drilled about 10 holes threw the 1/2inch thick frame. Mounted my 5th wheel hitch. It was a ****** and took 5 hours. My camper is being delievered today.
Are you going to drill any holes for stacks? ;)

TDiVeeDub

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf TDi
Thursday activity

I bought a stainless steel muffler off ebay for $40, took it to a muffler shop, installed for $100. Sounds great!

The paint was looking bad on my mirrors and I notice the clear coat chipping away on my passenger door handle. Remedy: flat black all door handles and mirrors.

Oh, had to post this pic of my idol. Dahlbach

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
The muffler and your car Looks GREAT!

I love how your wheels and the debadged blacked out look

TDiVeeDub said:
I bought a stainless steel muffler off ebay for $40, took it to a muffler shop, installed for $100. Sounds great!

The paint was looking bad on my mirrors and I notice the clear coat chipping away on my passenger door handle. Remedy: flat black all door handles and mirrors.

Oh, had to post this pic of my idol. Dahlbach

ruking

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 VW Jetta, 5 M, Reflex Silver: 09 Jetta, 6 Sp DSG, Candy White: 12 VW Touareg, 8 Sp A/T, Flint Gray
Just popped in the 3rd (2nd since oem new) 000915-105-AG battery. The previous one lasted 41 months (60 mo prorate). The local dealer gave me a 32% prorate discount on the new battery.

oil_me

Veteran Member
TDI
Black '99 Jetta, Glacier Blue Audi 80 Quattro TDI
I installed my Shine bar today after staring at it for a month. It has made the most dramatic improvement of ANY mod I've done so far. This bar should be stock on every MKIV built. It just transformed the car; there's just no body roll anymore and it tracks beautifully. I can't get over it.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
New exhaust on the Golf.

And my Shine bar came out on Wednesday. I hope I don't regret it. I agree with oil_me, it's a great handling improvement. I'm hoping that springs will take care of the Golf's body roll.

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
IndigoBlueWagon said:
New exhaust on the Golf.
I'd like to know what a toaster sized muffler does for sound under that body?:eek: I need a muffler, down pipe and everything in between myself [incl CAT]. That set-up looks sweet, but I bet the price ain't.:eek:

With your rear solid beam axle looking like Swiss Cheese with the 4 holes drilled straight through for the Shine Rear Sway Bar, are you worried that the beam has been compromised?

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Tightened up exhaust heat shields(#8x 5/8" self tapping metal screws w/ washers),plus I patched a nice hole in pass. rear floorboard(where the rubber plug used to be).Aaaaaahhh,love that winter road salt......

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW, '00 Jetta (totaled 12/23/10), 1987 M-B 300D
yesterday till 10pm. . .after work

new front bearing and axle, and tranny fluid

I still have a noise. it may go away with alingment. . . .damn work getting in the way of my toys!!

Brian

A_Shifter

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI
Lex4TDI4Life said:
I went over all of the exterior plastic trim - lower valences, mud flaps, mirror bases, and my ghetto euro rubs - with some kiwi leather dye. The black is really popping now.
Aay, sounds like a solution I've been looking for. Thanks

i_dont_golf

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 golf tdi gls
painted the rub strips on my bumpers black. used dupli-color bumper and trim.. looks very nice but i'm afraid the paint is not durable. i just have to be careful and keep a can on hand, ha. i've got pics but i need to host them somewhere and put them up inth epics thread. oh and i also picked up a set of 4 new brembo x-drilled/slotted rotors for $100 for the set! i thought it was a hell of a deal. found em on craigslist.

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
i_dont_golf said:
painted the rub strips on my bumpers black. used dupli-color bumper and trim.. looks very nice but i'm afraid the paint is not durable. i just have to be careful and keep a can on hand, ha. i've got pics but i need to host them somewhere and put them up inth epics thread. oh and i also picked up a set of 4 new brembo x-drilled/slotted rotors for $100 for the set! i thought it was a hell of a deal. found em on craigslist.
You can use BullDog Adhesive prior to the pigment treatment or the ....application of the "paint." Bulldog allows the paint to adhere to plastics and remain flexible to those surface areas.

Ookpic

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 2Dr 5spd
1. Muffler delete at Tommy's Custom Exhaust!! These guys are awesome!! Was there maybe 20mins tops. Stainless pipe - $60 out the door! Sounds about the same as with muffler except when you initially start it, there is a little throaty exhaust sound. Also you can hear it when accelerating heavy or up hill. Under normal driving, there is very little difference in sound. Oh yeah... you can hear the turbo spooling better also!

2. Carefully remove old car alarm system. Remote never came with car, alarm system itself is "blackbox" no markings. So out it came! The great part is I have spare wires now going to the engine compartment and all four doors!

3. Daytime Running Lamp delete. Have a how-to coming up shortly.

3. Purchased new N239 Valve to replace my old broken one. Replaced some vacuum lines. Stealth modded EGR almost ready for install! Couple small plumbing parts tomorrow and should be good to go!

Last edited:

egibbys

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Jetta TDI GLS
Did the trunk light upgrade. (Looks amazing!) And fixed my straight pipe. (Didn't like how low it was hanging. Much better now.)

Honeydew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Passat DSG
Spent about an hour at a FL turnpike service exit reinstalling the hose coming off the turbo to the tdiparts lower pipe. Blew off at 85 mph when I got on it after coasting. It had been fine since I installed it several weeks ago. The only tools I had were a screwdriver and harbor freight bottle jack. DG skidplate is in place. Minor 1st and 2nd degree burns on left forearm.

Several lessons learned this evening. Gotta get a spring clamp for that junction.

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
That sux Honeydew! Thankfully, I haven't been in that position. Its always been in the back of my mind though. I really don't carry enough tools in my car to be pulling parts off on the side of the road. I should probably pack a small tool bag with some "essentials" just in case... (note to self)