10k Miles Service

JettersTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
I brought in my Jetta for its 10k miles maintenance this morning. There are two service recalls (not major).

1. RVU FOR THE HEADLINER CLIPS ( 02VWZ)
2. RVU FOR THE DASH PANEL SCREW ( 02VWZ1)

Hopefully, this will help get rid of some vibration on the dash panel I encounter. I also brought up the issue with rattling on the passenger door panel. I found out that the rattle was caused by the adhesive that holds up the plastic panel in place.

I reminded the service advisor of the special oil the tdi uses and asked for the remaining left over oil. I hope everything goes smoothly.

pinkertonfloyd

Veteran Member
TDI
14' Subie Outback FMR: 12' Jetta TDI/P+N
The screw is a good one, but I had it with that screw there. This is what they state on my service order that took care of it. When I told the shop foreman about it, he nodded his head and said "it's not that screw, but I know that rattle, I've seen it a few times").

Service Order Says:

"Removed Trim Bezel and Applied Foam Tape, Applied Noise Avoidance Elements to all contact points and retaining clips, refit instrument cluster bezel". Road Test, Repair Verified.

rotts4u

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I addition to those I also had a DSG reprogramming
Subwoofer rattle repair
TDI exhaust tips replaced with shorter ones

NorthernMage

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI, 6MT, Platinum Grey
This is where I go;

http://www.vw.com/en/owners/parts-and-accessories/protection/recalls-campaigns.html

It has worked for me on the Canadian Site but I think the link I sent you is the US site, since I am in Texas right now and got it online..... I originally found it by going through the "owners" link but this seems to bypass the need to sign up and register your car....

The recall link let me know that I needed the fuel line dampers so I called up and booked and appt right away before the rush, and it worked out for me, they only got in 4 sets to start off and I got one of them.

It was a nice drive from BC to Texas via San Diego but now it looks like I might need my 10K service soon, who would you recommend in Southern Texas/Rio Grande Valley/Houston area?

Last edited: